Why is the crowd so quiet

the originalkippaxman said:
So to clarify majority in this thread are saying

1) We need to make the tickets cheaper
2) Allow standing

Agree with standing as for making the tickets cheaper you can shove that one if I have to pay £600 for a season ticket to see some of the best players City have ever had then I am more than happy to. Though if you all want to pay £300 and watch the shit that we suffered for the last 35 years go and watch fucking Bury

I hate this argument. It's been proven all clubs could drop ticket prices by twenty quid and it would make no difference whatsoever to profit.

The only stadium in England with atmosphere is Crystal Palace and they're most continental alike fans in England.

You won't like what I'm gonna say :P but looked from other parts of Europe your stadium fans culture is utter crap, bit like NBA, guess it's anglo thing as there is no worse atmosphere on stadiums anywhere else in Europe :).

3 tunes on all stadiums with words changed and that's it. It's funny to say that even excessive shouting is good atmosphere on Premier League matches.

Didsbury Dave said:
Corky said:
East Level 2 said:
If they are "the best seats in the house" how come every club in the country charges more for seats down the side?

It is as he sits near there himself. Level 3 being the best view myth also perpetuated by those up there even though they sell out last etc.

The best seats in the house would be the ones considered to offer the best view. That is those around the halfway line, all of tier two and the front of tier 3.

I sit very near front of level 3, virtually in line with halfway line, and the view is excellent.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Corky said:
It is as he sits near there himself. Level 3 being the best view myth also perpetuated by those up there even though they sell out last etc.

The best seats in the house would be the ones considered to offer the best view. That is those around the halfway line, all of tier two and the front of tier 3.

I sit very near front of level 3, virtually in line with halfway line, and the view is excellent.

But you have the sun in your eyes and wind in your face. And you can't hear the singing properly ;-)

I'm getting the east/west stand rivalry going here.

As an aside, in the pubs around Maine road after the games there used to sometimes be jokey 'we are the North stand/ you'll never take the kippax' singing. A group of us from block H always used to raise a laugh with a chorus of "you can't afford the main stand".

Didsbury Dave said:
As an aside, in the pubs around Maine road after the games there used to sometimes be jokey 'we are the North stand/ you'll never take the kippax' singing. A group of us from block H always used to raise a laugh with a chorus of "you can't afford the main stand".

What did the Gene Kelly declare itself as out of interest? Pretty certain that they used to join in the We Are The North Stand, though the away fans were right next to them at that point and split them from the "real North Stand".

Was about £7 a ticket in there. Bargain. That was for those of us who couldn't even afford the North Stand nor Kippax.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:

What did the Gene Kelly declare itself as out of interest? Pretty certain that they used to join in the We Are The North Stand, though the away fans were right next to them at that point and split them from the "real North Stand".

Was about £7 a ticket in there. Bargain. That was for those of us who couldn't even afford the North Stand nor Kippax.

They of course gave a chorus of 'we're singing in the rain'. Can't believe you even asked that.

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:

They of course gave a chorus of 'we're singing in the rain'. Can't believe you even asked that.

Are you accusing them of "Only Got One Song"?

I'll have you know the Gene Kelly bit between the Kippax and North Stand were the loudest fans in the ground per head towards the end. Perhaps because it was cheap, perhaps because it was next to the away fans, perhaps because it was the easiest place in the entire ground to jib into and often had people two to a seat, but they were a special lot of mad bastards them lot.

I always considered them part of the North Stand, controversially.

East Level 2 said:
de niro said:
paulbeard5950 said:
I don't believe price has anything to do with it, for me its all about where the fans are situated, anyone here go to the villareal game when they moved the away fans to the top tier, I remember them scoring and you could hardly hear anything, we're giving top quality seats to the away fans which I believe if you brought the two different ends of the away fans together ( south stand city fans and South east city fans) you woulds combine all that atmosphere in one and actually get some fire back into the belies of the fans. The problem we've got is sitting here complaining about it on a forum isn't actually helping, what would help is a huge petition or something of that nature to show the club and actually get some answers. If you actually agree then let me know and let's get something done about it!!!

agree totally. when the new stand is built it will dilute the mass that they now have. best seats in the house and we give them away. shocking.
If they are "the best seats in the house" how come every club in the country charges more for seats down the side?
best seats for atmosphere

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You'll never take the platt lane, I remember just before they rebuilt the platt lane, Leeds united were the visitors and they had the corner of the kippax next to the platt lane, a group of leeds fans broke through the fencing to get to the city fans, one block next to the Leeds fans was empty due to segregation, but most of the next block just stood up ready for the Leeds lot, the 20 or so Leeds fans ran back into their own end, the city fans near the tunnel next to the Leeds fans where I stood in those days chanted "you'll never take the platt lane"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.