Why is the crowd so quiet

HorlocksWalk said:
Old mans opinion, so skip to next post if under 40. In the kippax days you could take a couple of pints to where you were standing and be in position half hour before kick off so the atmosphere built, now most people get in their seat just after kick off. Where I sit (106) its kind of quiet in all but 'big games' and the chap next to me brings his daughter, she is still a toddler. so I feel bad singing Pablo Zaballeta he is the ..... etc.
Cant argue that the atmosphere was better when it was 'Tribal' but I remember waiting outside the kippax to go in when I saw a load of coppers running, I thought they were going to sort out something, but behind them were a load of dippers hurling masonry, I just got through the turnstile in time (or I may have ran - fading memory).
Happy (and louder) new year to all blues

Then sing what I sing: "Pablo Zabaletta he is a City man, he plays for Argentina, he's harder than my Mam, he plays in Blue and White for Pellegrini's men and when we win the League we'll sing this song again". No swear words, suitable for singing around youngsters and belted out with gusto.

Eccles Blue said:
HorlocksWalk said:
Old mans opinion, so skip to next post if under 40. In the kippax days you could take a couple of pints to where you were standing and be in position half hour before kick off so the atmosphere built, now most people get in their seat just after kick off. Where I sit (106) its kind of quiet in all but 'big games' and the chap next to me brings his daughter, she is still a toddler. so I feel bad singing Pablo Zaballeta he is the ..... etc.
Cant argue that the atmosphere was better when it was 'Tribal' but I remember waiting outside the kippax to go in when I saw a load of coppers running, I thought they were going to sort out something, but behind them were a load of dippers hurling masonry, I just got through the turnstile in time (or I may have ran - fading memory).
Happy (and louder) new year to all blues

Then sing what I sing: "Pablo Zabaletta he is a City man, he plays for Argentina, he's harder than my Mam, he plays in Blue and White for Pellegrini's men and when we win the League we'll sing this song again". No swear words, suitable for singing around youngsters and belted out with gusto.

Tried that and she said "your singing the wrong city words!"

paulbeard5950 said:
I don't believe price has anything to do with it, for me its all about where the fans are situated, anyone here go to the villareal game when they moved the away fans to the top tier, I remember them scoring and you could hardly hear anything, we're giving top quality seats to the away fans which I believe if you brought the two different ends of the away fans together ( south stand city fans and South east city fans) you woulds combine all that atmosphere in one and actually get some fire back into the belies of the fans. The problem we've got is sitting here complaining about it on a forum isn't actually helping, what would help is a huge petition or something of that nature to show the club and actually get some answers. If you actually agree then let me know and let's get something done about it!!!

agree totally. when the new stand is built it will dilute the mass that they now have. best seats in the house and we give them away. shocking.

de niro said:
paulbeard5950 said:
I don't believe price has anything to do with it, for me its all about where the fans are situated, anyone here go to the villareal game when they moved the away fans to the top tier, I remember them scoring and you could hardly hear anything, we're giving top quality seats to the away fans which I believe if you brought the two different ends of the away fans together ( south stand city fans and South east city fans) you woulds combine all that atmosphere in one and actually get some fire back into the belies of the fans. The problem we've got is sitting here complaining about it on a forum isn't actually helping, what would help is a huge petition or something of that nature to show the club and actually get some answers. If you actually agree then let me know and let's get something done about it!!!

agree totally. when the new stand is built it will dilute the mass that they now have. best seats in the house and we give them away. shocking.

They weren't the best seats when Psycho was in charge!

de niro said:
paulbeard5950 said:

If they are "the best seats in the house" how come every club in the country charges more for seats down the side?

East Level 2 said:
de niro said:
paulbeard5950 said:

If they are "the best seats in the house" how come every club in the country charges more for seats down the side?

It is as he sits near there himself. Level 3 being the best view myth also perpetuated by those up there even though they sell out last etc.

Corky said:
East Level 2 said:
de niro said:

It is as he sits near there himself. Level 3 being the best view myth also perpetuated by those up there even though they sell out last etc.

The best seats in the house would be the ones considered to offer the best view. That is those around the halfway line, all of tier two and the front of tier 3.

Didsbury Dave said:
Corky said:
East Level 2 said:

The best seats in the house would be the ones considered to offer the best view. That is those around the halfway line, all of tier two and the front of tier 3.

Tier 2 starts to become too far from the action towards the bacj, and I wouldn't go in tier 3 if they were £99 per season after Newcastle each year being enough. Others think differently, however I fear for the Level 3 South and North stand projects in the medium term.

It's not only City where the atmosphere isn't great, look at most premiership grounds and it's dire.

Things that could improve the atmosphere but they won't happen. My opinion only.

Safe standing or any standing. Ever since the introduction of all seater stadiums the atmosphere has declined, when the old Kippax was demolished and the new one built, it was never the same. Most of us older fans (I'm 48) had in my eyes what was a right of passage, you first went with your Dad or other family member, you sat on the front or middle wall where they could keep an eye on you, while you looked up towards the cage area or below the tunnel, bideing your time till you was old enough to go there with your mates and sing your hearts out and goad the opposition fans.
This can't happen now because mates can't get seats with each other, and if you dare look at an opposing fan showtec security are all over you. I'm not advocating violence here, that is one area of the modern game that is better and safer.

When I was mid to late teens you'd have to get in about an hour before kick off, to get your spot, we started singing and creating an atmosphere, having a laugh. Now it seems that everything is done to keep us out till the last minute, then it's orchestrated piped music. We used to make our own entertainment, not wait to be entertained. Everything now is about the match day experience, I don't know if it's just me or an age thing, it's boring. I like the idea of the City square with bars and food outlets and fans mingling, I detest the stage and the interviews and the claptrap that goes with it, everyone stood around waiting to be entertained.

I've gone off on one now, back on track, safe standing area, drink at your seat, how about an area for people between the ages of 13 - 21, let them develop their own songs and ideas, they may want someone with a drum and follow the Euro route, let them make there own entertainment, get the away fans out of sight as they do at the dump & Newcastle, reduce costs for under 21's they are our future fan base, get showtec too lighten up.

In 101/102 there were people sat down as David silva peeled of to the corner to celebrate his goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.