Why is the crowd so quiet

Ennis said:
In 101/102 there were people sat down as David silva peeled of to the corner to celebrate his goal.

I am still coming to terms with people sat down last season v spurs, when we were taking a penalty !

I do try to get the atmosphere better around me in North stand level 2 going but it almost gets embarrassing.
You actually feel that people think your a bit mad cause your trying to sing !
It has to be the fact that we are sat down, the mind says if your going to sing, stand up but you cant stand up cause nobody else is !
WBA away 3,000 blues never stopped singing...........................Burnley home 2 days later 45,000 never started singing.

The only hope for me if we don't have safe standing ( which I don't think we ever will ) is put the away fans in south top tier and combine south stand with 111/110 etc to create one singing end.

Can anyone tell me if singers are around row bb in block 111 as that's where I'm sitting for the Sheffield Wednesday game. No disrespect intended but how is it organised as on the ticket site it shows next to disabled spaces is there seats here as I want to stand but don't want to block anyone?

So to clarify majority in this thread are saying

1) We need to make the tickets cheaper
2) Allow standing

Agree with standing as for making the tickets cheaper you can shove that one if I have to pay £600 for a season ticket to see some of the best players City have ever had then I am more than happy to. Though if you all want to pay £300 and watch the shit that we suffered for the last 35 years go and watch fucking Bury

We are all sat in the wrong spots. Need a big move around when this new stand opens. There are 3 of us who travel together for away games and sing non stop.
At home we all sit different areas I sit with me old man in 101' another pal is sat up in Colin bell and one south stand. I don't dare clap in 101 for fear of offending someone never mind start a chant. So I'm sure it's the same for thousands more.

IMHO the best view ever is on the front row of the CB L1 just to the right of the away dug out!! Great view and if you want to you can shout at the away team manager and you also get the chance to shout to our players when they are taking a throw in. :-)

Before I decided on that area I tested out all 3 levels and all 4 sides it took me ages but the best was there in the good old CB L1 and the people around me are great and i have made quite a few friends there as well.

And, no disrespect lads but, I even tried the South Stand because I did think it seemed the noisiest and in my ignorance I thought it would be the friendliest, but I have rarely been as scared as I was when I tried there. This was on the lower level and the fighting and the aggro from both the fans and the stewards was very scary.

Swap the away fans with the south stand. So rather than have two sets of mostly standing, singing supporters trying to make noise separated by a wall of away support it would be the corner at 111 connected with that south stand. Now when one tried to start a song it would be double noise rather than a stupid fucking 3 sec delayed echo.

The away fans should be a non-entity... an irritating presence far up in the gods in a corner of level 3 and that's it. Not in our face, able to support their team so close to the pitch and separating the two areas that are supposedly our singing sections. As a home team, you really want to exploit every little advantage you can... like the way they aren't giving the away team heated seats. They should also not give away teams the encouragement of 1-3,000 diehard fans in the South Stand because yes, fans can make a difference and players always say they can get a little bit extra from them. At least they will be narrowing the away area over 3 tiers in the expansion, but would still prefer them to just be out of the way.

Eccles Blue said:
And, no disrespect lads but, I even tried the South Stand because I did think it seemed the noisiest and in my ignorance I thought it would be the friendliest, but I have rarely been as scared as I was when I tried there. This was on the lower level and the fighting and the aggro from both the fans and the stewards was very scary.
I agree, EB. The South Stand is full of uncouth ruffians.

I genuinely believe it's the modern way and I hate it.
I was talking to a Wolves fan the other day about this and we agreed the younger supporters have been brainwashed by all-seater stadia and over zealous stewarding, the sort who throw people out for 'creating an atmosphere.'
I was brought up with fans standing, singing and creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Today it's all about customer satisfaction and questionnaires, about fans experiences, hence people are being threatened with ejection from grounds and season tickets being confiscated for standing and dare I say swearing.
I'm not condoning someone effing and jeffing their way through 90 minutes, but that's the language I heard 30 years ago and I know when and where to use it today.
So like I said the start the younger fan goes to the game, watches and then goes home, to fill in his customer questionnaire!!!

Pubteam Lomas said:
I genuinely believe it's the modern way and I hate it.
I was talking to a Wolves fan the other day about this and we agreed the younger supporters have been brainwashed by all-seater stadia and over zealous stewarding, the sort who throw people out for 'creating an atmosphere.'
I was brought up with fans standing, singing and creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Today it's all about customer satisfaction and questionnaires, about fans experiences, hence people are being threatened with ejection from grounds and season tickets being confiscated for standing and dare I say swearing.
I'm not condoning someone effing and jeffing their way through 90 minutes, but that's the language I heard 30 years ago and I know when and where to use it today.
So like I said the start the younger fan goes to the game, watches and then goes home, to fill in his customer questionnaire!!!

I agree with this. It's the fear of any offence being caused to the point where even swearing or making a noise is punished by ejection. I think the only people who are entitled to come to the game free from that are children and that's what the family stand is for. I took my 3yr old to her first game the other week and we sat in SS level 2. I told her we don't swear but it's ok at the football. So if anyone decided to shout 'fuck off!!!' as a penalty wasn't given or a player was taken out with a flying kick they were able to do so without my parental scourn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.