Why is the crowd so quiet

trevorriley said:
There are many reasons why the atmosphere is quiet. Discuss them all night but we still will have the same result. What we need to do is work at getting it back, some aspects of it are coming back with flags and displays but we need to get vocal plus cant blame ticket prices or stadium set out any longer as this is proven wrong when aguero scores and 2000 arms go up while chants of "Sergio Sergio" ring round the stadium. A few points below to get the etihad back to a fortress...

When block 115 comes available singers and flag wavers get there first

Follow 1894 twitter and Facebook for block 115 updates, support and help where you can please. It's an organised fan base and the way all the best grounds in Europe for atmosphere operate.

Ignore fans around with negative comments or apathy, ignore the tourists, go in to the stadium early and sing.... The atmosphere will come back, we have some of the best vocal fans in the country spread out round the stadium we just all need to be together in 115 area.

I support 1894, mate, but you are flogging a dead horse in the south stand. Your songs won't spread right because of the away fans and a won't spread left because it's the old mans stand.

Until you move you won't achieve anything . And this is from one of your donators.

You may call us dick heads but dick heads sing. I have not been to a game since last year. Three young boys the eldest is 11 £104 for myself and the young fella.

Simple solution. Include one of these in the next season ticket pack. Granted, we might look a bit daft but it will be louder :-)

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/bCy4j8V.png[/bigimg]

It is, sadly now the norm for football grounds. Last night I thought my TV volume control was broken as the 'mighty Anfield roar tm was little more than a couple of blokes shouting general comments, probably to each other.

Please say we are louder than them because that was embarrassing. It is a modern trend, where I am I can count on one hand the people that shout encouragement. Most just sit there watching, not even talking to each other never mind shouting/singing generally encouraging the team.

paulbeard5950 said:
I don't believe price has anything to do with it, for me its all about where the fans are situated, anyone here go to the villareal game when they moved the away fans to the top tier, I remember them scoring and you could hardly hear anything, we're giving top quality seats to the away fans which I believe if you brought the two different ends of the away fans together ( south stand city fans and South east city fans) you woulds combine all that atmosphere in one and actually get some fire back into the belies of the fans. The problem we've got is sitting here complaining about it on a forum isn't actually helping, what would help is a huge petition or something of that nature to show the club and actually get some answers. If you actually agree then let me know and let's get something done about it!!!
If the poor atmosphere is all down to the positioning of the away fans how do you explain the atmosphere at Maine Road were the away fans were in the same position, and were would you move them to (please don't say East Level 3 as they ARE zome of the best seats in the ground)

On a slow news day I pop over to rawk and red cafe and guess what they both have threads moaning about atmosphere so its not just a city problem.
For me now football has become like going to the pictures with the players being treated like movie stars .its lost all it's spontinaty having to buy tickets months in advance.
What happened to the gang of lads on a Friday night saying fancy going the game tomorrow ? Now its do you fancy going to a match in march ? Not all can commit that far in advance so the group don't go and the ones that go are spread all over the place.
It will never come back but think pay on the gate going has killed football atmosphere off ?

Can anyone tell me if singers are around row bb in block 111 as that's where I'm sitting for the Sheffield wednesday game. No disrespect intended but how is it organised as on the ticket site it shows next to disabled spaces is here seats there as I want to stand but don't want to block anyone?

mrtwiceaseason said:
On a slow news day I pop over to rawk and red cafe and guess what they both have threads moaning about atmosphere so its not just a city problem.
For me now football has become like going to the pictures with the players being treated like movie stars .its lost all it's spontinaty having to buy tickets months in advance.
What happened to the gang of lads on a Friday night saying fancy going the game tomorrow ? Now its do you fancy going to a match in march ? Not all can commit that far in advance so the group don't go and the ones that go are spread all over the place.
It will never come back but think pay on the gate going has killed football atmosphere off ?

Agreed, atmosphere at all grounds in the UK is generally shit for most games nowadays. I doubt safe standing will ever be implemented but even a section of the ground with unreserved seating may help, it would at least enable mates to sit together.

Old mans opinion, so skip to next post if under 40. In the kippax days you could take a couple of pints to where you were standing and be in position half hour before kick off so the atmosphere built, now most people get in their seat just after kick off. Where I sit (106) its kind of quiet in all but 'big games' and the chap next to me brings his daughter, she is still a toddler. so I feel bad singing Pablo Zaballeta he is the ..... etc.
Cant argue that the atmosphere was better when it was 'Tribal' but I remember waiting outside the kippax to go in when I saw a load of coppers running, I thought they were going to sort out something, but behind them were a load of dippers hurling masonry, I just got through the turnstile in time (or I may have ran - fading memory).
Happy (and louder) new year to all blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.