Why Mark Hughes shouldn't manage again

He is balls deep in Kia the snake, helping to channel a club's money into his friend's pocket. Oh, and I wonder what Mike Rigg feels like now?

Prestwich_Blue said:
He and his coaches can't organise a defence. Even the clueless plank of wood that is Stuart Pearce could manage that.

He has a decent eye for a player but can't develop them into better players. What would Kompany & Zabaleta have been now under him?

Pearce had defenders already in place when he got the job and was Coach / Assistant Manager before that. You could argue Richard Dunne's departure saw the defence exposed as Lescott and Kolo Toure weren't doing it.

Of course Hughes should manage again. He just needs to rebuild his reputation elsewhere but ensure his ego allows him to drop down to the Championship like Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce did.

If Hughes had never played for U****d then I 100% guarantee he wouldn't have got the level of vitriol he got when he took over at City.

peoffrey said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He and his coaches can't organise a defence. Even the clueless plank of wood that is Stuart Pearce could manage that.

He has a decent eye for a player but can't develop them into better players. What would Kompany & Zabaleta have been now under him?

Pearce had defenders already in place when he got the job and was Coach / Assistant Manager before that. You could argue Richard Dunne's departure saw the defence exposed as Lescott and Kolo Toure weren't doing it.

Of course Hughes should manage again. He just needs to rebuild his reputation elsewhere but ensure his ego allows him to drop down to the Championship like Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce did.

If Hughes had never played for U****d then I 100% guarantee he wouldn't have got the level of vitriol he got when he took over at City.
Maybe not when he took over but he would still have got it eventually the clueless bastard

His only attribute of note is he seems to be able to convince wealthy owners that his (misguided) self belief will translate into a successful team. The result being that they invest in him as a person without the slightest indication that he can do the specific job at hand.

He is the only manager I can think of who is utterly convinced that a draw is a win and should be awarded 3 points instead of 1.

His shameful (but often shameless) deflection of blame onto others is his blind refusal to accept responsibility, his ego is the reason why he wont change. I truly believe he is a narcissist.

TCIB said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I very much agree with that, great scout but that seems to be where his talent ends.

I will always be grateful he got Vinny for us though.

Yes, but at the time of his departure we were having to score 3 goals a game just to get a draw, had injured defenders, and Kompany was sat on the bench.

He picked Ched Evans ahead of Sturridge, the previous season City finished 8th, 100 million later and the finished 10th under him, 18 million for Santa Cruz, 14 million for Bellemy, 10 million for Bridge, 25 million for Adebayor, drawing at home to Hull and Burnley he fell out with Robinho and Elano, instead of buying world-class players like David Silva and Yaya Toure Mark Hwould ughes would have bought David Bentley and Scottie Parker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.