Why Mark Hughes shouldn't manage again

baildon blue said:
Hughes will manage again he did ok at Blackburn and Fulham.He isnt that bad a part from Q.P.R and City
Not that bad? WOW. what did he do at fulham exactly? not much did the take PL by storm? no did they play fantastic football no

Leslie is good in spotting potential of a player but shit in utilizing them... he often brags about his signings.
on many occasions he always pointed out that, he is the one who signed Zabaleta, Kompany, Dembele, Chris Samba and many other.
But ironically those players reach their utmost potential under different manager... Dembele is not as good under Jol compared under leslie, same goes to Kompany and Zaba

Shit manager leslie is

zeven said:
baildon blue said:
Hughes will manage again he did ok at Blackburn and Fulham.He isnt that bad a part from Q.P.R and City
Not that bad? WOW. what did he do at fulham exactly? not much did the take PL by storm? no did they play fantastic football no

He actually did do OK at Fulham, I was very surprised he left - what he did win / draw / lose I can't recall, but by their standards / expectations / aims (stay above relegation and remain in the PL) he did the business.

Bluemoon dan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Bluemoon dan said:
I think he has only won something like 3 away premier league games in total whilst in charge of City, Fulham and QPR.

Ten actually.

Really? Fair enough. Mancini Out. Get him back.

Why churn out "facts" when you haven't bothered to check them first? It makes people wonder exactly what your agenda is. The refusal of many City fans to get behind Hughes was so counterproductive it was unreal.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
He actually did do OK at Fulham, I was very surprised he left - what he did win / draw / lose I can't recall, but by their standards / expectations / aims (stay above relegation and remain in the PL) he did the business.
Overegging it there when you say he the business. He took a team which finished 7th (53 points) in 08-09 and 12th (46 points) and the Europa League final in 09-10, and finished 8th (49 points) in 10-11. I couldn't even call that an improvement. I'd take three points less and the Europa League final all day long. He did ok as you say, but "did the business", no. Fulham's expectations clearly weren't only to avoid relegation.

Hughes is very limited tactically imo.He had a good time at Blackburn with limited funds and players, and got them playing a similar way to the teams he played for in his playing days.Having had that "sucess " he's tried to do the same at subsequent clubs even though the players he inherited and bought havent always suited that particular style of play.
I actually enjoyed some of the football we played under Hughes in the early days.It all started to go wrong when he had lots of money to spend and egos to manage.After the initial settling in period for these players results deteriorated and Hughes wasnt able to manage them.

Because he can't admit, or worse possibly even see, when he is wrong. If you can't acknowledge your own failings you can't learn from your mistakes, and thus have absolutely no business as a football manager. Or any manager for that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.