why pellegrini

ANY1aBLUE said:
Rammyblues said:
Is it right he is only keeping the seat warm till Pep arrives?

Thats what I put out a few months ago. Pep will be at City in two years time - agreed deal. He's at Bayern 'on standby'.

Don't understand this rumour, what's to say we will be where we are now in two years time? If we get Pellegrini in and he flops resulting in a poor league position what's to stop Pep changing his mind.

Blueboy Danny said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Rammyblues said:

Thats what I put out a few months ago. Pep will be at City in two years time - agreed deal. He's at Bayern 'on standby'.

Don't understand this rumour, what's to say we will be where we are now in two years time? If we get Pellegrini in and he flops resulting in a poor league position what's to stop Pep changing his mind.

Now that's what I call delusional.

Tez Tosterone said:
Blueboy Danny said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

Now that's what I call delusional.

he is one of mancini inner who thinks football start and will end up with mancini

ANY1aBLUE said:
Rammyblues said:

Lol, unless your other account is salfordpaul you didn't put out shit.

mancity56 said:
is it just me that thinks this would be the most horrific appointment our board could make ? he hasnt proven himself at all. he took a good malaga side to the quarters of the champions league ill give him that but what has he achieved. i would rather a di mateo or mourinho . is that just me ?

How had Guardiola proven himself before his appointment at Barcelona?

Are oblivious to what Pellegrini did with Villareal, which trumps Mancini by a distance, as far as CL goes? Go back and check La Liga tables when Pellegrini was coach at Villareal.

If you expect a coach to win the CL or the league with no financial backing at all, that says more about you, than Pellegrini.

If Pellegrini is appointed, I am very much looking forward to next season. If Mancini stays, not so much.

I like Mancini as a person, but his ability to inspire, his tactics, and man management are sub par.

The question you should ask yourself is: What can Pellegrini do with us, given his track record with taking very mediocre clubs to unexpected levels, with the resources, both monetary and current players, we offer a coach?

Comrade Buka said:
The question you should ask yourself is: What can Pellegrini do with us, given his track record with taking very mediocre clubs to unexpected levels, with the resources, both monetary and current players, we offer a coach?

Get 96 points in the league? I'd be happy with that. As long as it wins it that is.

adrianr said:
Comrade Buka said:

Get 96 points in the league? I'd be happy with that. As long as it wins it that is.

Surely it's as simple as asking who has won more trophies? Forget the rhetoric being peddled on here pellegrini has won none. His so called record breaking season meant fuck all as he won nowt but spent 200 mil doing so. He is currently 6 in la liga and has played more games than teams above him and yes once again he is trophy less.

People on here arguing he is better than Mancini dont have one credible piece of evidence because if you have won nothing compared to a man who has your argument is dead in the water it's all ifs and buts and excuses.

Comrade Buka said:
mancity56 said:
is it just me that thinks this would be the most horrific appointment our board could make ? he hasnt proven himself at all. he took a good malaga side to the quarters of the champions league ill give him that but what has he achieved. i would rather a di mateo or mourinho . is that just me ?

How had Guardiola proven himself before his appointment at Barcelona?

Are oblivious to what Pellegrini did with Villareal, which trumps Mancini by a distance, as far as CL goes? Go back and check La Liga tables when Pellegrini was coach at Villareal.

If you expect a coach to win the CL or the league with no financial backing at all, that says more about you, than Pellegrini.

If Pellegrini is appointed, I am very much looking forward to next season. If Mancini stays, not so much.

I like Mancini as a person, but his ability to inspire, his tactics, and man management are sub par.

I think the comment about Mancini here is spot on, He hasn't inspired these players or man managed them properly. His tactics at times have been good but after tightening the defence and dominating possession, he runs out of ideas. I was worried at the QPR away game when he took off Tevez and Milner, who were our best players on the day. The Southampton game was full of basic schoolboy errors, which gifted them three goals, but Mancini appeared to have lost the players. Then in the cup final he again took Tevez off, when he was undoubtedly our most likely player to score. Should have taken Toure off, he had a shocking game. A midfield of Barry, Milner and Rodwell would have been better than Toure and Barry on Saturday.

I only hope Pellegrini sticks to his principals and the club bring in the players he needs to be successful, we don't have to spend big on a centre forward, although Cavani or Falcao would be nice, I think Lewandowski would do a good job for us leading the line. We need a more mobile striker than Dzeko, with support from Aguero or Tevez. If Tevez is also to leave then we need another quick attacking forward to provide support to our frontman. A Jackson Martinez or Rodriguez could offer the pace we need up front. I'd rather we signed a player like Bale, than Cavani or Falcao if it is a choice between either type of player.

It sounds like Isco will also join, but we are also strongly linked with Lamela and other younger players, such as Torres. I just hope Pellegrini wants these players and we can retake the Premier League in style. We should have dominated the League this year, because Utd aren't as strong as they were. Yesterday Utd again showed why they are this seasons champions, they weren't the best team, but they got all three points. I don't want City too win games like this, I'd like to see us play the better football, and take the points.

When Pellegrini managed Madrid, he scored record points with them but still finished second, but it was his cup campaigns which were disastrous. I only hope he can compete in all competitions with us next year.

In fairness Klopp didn't win any titles in his first 8 years. It's pretty difficult to win the title in Spain in one year. And impossible to win it if you're not Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Haven't had a skim through to see if this already posted, so apologies if it has been.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10052687/Manchester-City-hope-Roberto-Mancinis-replacement-Manuel-Pellegrini-will-implement-the-Barcelona-model.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... model.html</a>

Worth a read, gives a good image of the kind of system Pellegrini could operate with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.