why pellegrini

Sigh said:
All he has to do is win an FA Cup and a single PL title and he'll be a "legend."

With his track record of 0 trophies won in any league outside South America, he'd do well to win 1 trophy, let alone 2.

I sincerely hope he isn't given the job.

Bobby manc will always be close and loved by all city fans..... However he has now moved on and I for one thinks the courting of pellegrini is a master stroke by the board!!!

He has managed at real remember!! Yes he didn't win the title but maximum points real have ever had. Mourinho who spent big over 2-3 seasons after didn't get anywhere near it.

He is a man manager. Gets the best out of all types of players. Look at Villarreal and Malaga both with no where near our resources!!!!

Pellegrini is tactically sound and very knowledgable.

Most importantly he plays attacking football(WINGERS) and looks for technical ability throughout which will improve the team immediately and start a trend with our up and coming youth players!

Isco, cavani, fernandinho, Navas, robben etc etc would massively improve our squad and break them irritating teams that play with 10 men behind the ball......(Mancini never played wingers) We have been screaming out for WIDTH and PACE for two seasons.......

Pellegrini will bring all that and more......... Mark theses words.... It's a master stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the man that spent £200 million on 4 players at Real Madrid and won . . . errr . . . nothing .
Will he be given a season to get us into the top 4 ?
Will he be given another season after that to win a trophy ?
And another season after that to win the league ?
I genuinely feel like we are about to go backwards .
All I am pinning my hopes on is the hope that Moyes is a massive failure for the next 3 years .

last night former star players queued up to sing his praises and insist that their old boss Pellegrini can take the heat at City.
Ex-Manchester United and Malaga ace Ruud van Nistelrooy said: “Pellegrini is one of the best coaches I worked under. He’s a big strategist but nothing like Mancini.
“He’s always in conversation with his squad, offering plenty of chances to young players.
“That characterises his quality work and he’ll be good value in the Premier League.”
Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos said: “Our season together was very positive.
“We didn’t win titles but the team developed a good game and Pellegrini won all our respect. I think he’ll triumph in England.”
Marcos Senna, at Villarreal with Pellegrini, added: “We had some incredible years — the best of my career.
“I always speak highly of him because the team was united and communication was good on and off the pitch.
“I remember Pellegrini’s first words to us on his first day at Villarreal.
“He told us, ‘The future lies in your hands. Work as a group and you’ll be successful’.
“Age was never a question. Young or old — he convinced you that your place in the team depended on the work you put in.”

Andy Dale said:
This is the man that spent £200 million on 4 players at Real Madrid and won . . . errr . . . nothing .
Will he be given a season to get us into the top 4 ?
Will he be given another season after that to win a trophy ?
And another season after that to win the league ?
I genuinely feel like we are about to go backwards .
All I am pinning my hopes on is the hope that Moyes is a massive failure for the next 3 years .

But what about Real Madrid? Pellegrini 'spent' €200 million and still won nothing, they say. This is, at best, a half-truth. The Chilean was caught in the centre of a power battle at the Santiago Bernabeu, was ignored by president Florentino Perez, viciously attacked by the local media and had little or no say when it came to player recruitment, despite the outrageous outlay in the summer of 2009, which saw Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka signed but Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder shipped out against his wishes.

"I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid," he told El Mercurio in an interview in 2010, while also lamenting his inability to build the side he had wanted at Real. "I can't get anything out of an orchestra if I have the 10 best guitarists but I don't have a pianist or a drummer."

Pellegrini didn't spend £200 million though... everyone knows fully well that Real Madrid are run from the boardroom. Even Mourinho can't seem to roll trophies in at the moment.

We have to make sure we don't make the same error this time aswell... sadly, we already did with Mancini. There is absolutely no way on this earth that Mancini chose the signings that came in last summer.

Manager needs to decide who comes in and who goes out, nobody else.

Not a City fan, but people should understand that Pellegrini is a brilliant manager.

That Real Madrid team wasn't even close to the quality of the current Madrid team, on paper. No Ozil, no Modric, no Di Maria, no Khedira, but they still finished on 96 points which was higher than Mourinho's first season. They scored 102 goals and had a +67 goal difference. Mourinho signed Ozil, Khedira, and Di Maria in his first season and finished on less points, same number of goals scored, and +69 goal difference.

I would go as far as saying that his Real Madrid team wasn't quite as good on paper as the current Manchester City team. He also obviously did great things at Villareal and has been successful at Malaga. Plus his teams usually play great football.

The only criticism I would have is that I think Manchester City are more in need of a manager who can instill a winning mentality throughout the club, someone like Jupp Heynkes or Fabio Capello would be better imo, but Pellegrini will set up a team to play exciting football. He will be successful, I'm sure of it.

Be thankful that you aren't getting Moyes.

GHoddle said:
Not a City fan, but people should understand that Pellegrini is a brilliant manager.

That Real Madrid team wasn't even close to the quality of the current Madrid team, on paper. No Ozil, no Modric, no Di Maria, no Khedira, but they still finished on 96 points which was higher than Mourinho's first season. They scored 102 goals and had a +67 goal difference. Mourinho signed Ozil, Khedira, and Di Maria in his first season and finished on less points, same number of goals scored, and +69 goal difference.

I would go as far as saying that his Real Madrid team wasn't quite as good on paper as the current Manchester City team. He also obviously did great things at Villareal and has been successful at Malaga. Plus his teams usually play great football.

The only criticism I would have is that I think Manchester City are more in need of a manager who can instill a winning mentality throughout the club, someone like Jupp Heynkes or Fabio Capello would be better imo, but Pellegrini will set up a team to play exciting football. He will be successful, I'm sure of it.

Can we have AVB?

pudge said:
GHoddle said:

Can we have AVB?

No.

You're welcome to have 'Arry though, haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.