Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

blueonblue said:
Its such a shame that the divisions created by that dogs bastard hughes are still in effect at the club and on this board.

The outers are mostly the deluded who backed numpty to the hilt, hanging on to the hope he could do well at QPR so they could continue playing the victim while spouting "Told you he was a good manager".
Time and the truth has only enforced just how wrong they were, but they will never give up their hatred for Roberto because he is the constant reminder they were so gullible.

If you boys want to waste your time hating then its no good holding up the true picture for you, you moaned about his defensive tactics while he was building the team, yet besides now having one of the tightest defenses we play football thats a joy to watch so it looked like he got that right.

We have won the FA cup and title, but now you want to moan at his European efforts, well besides the fact we have qualified in all three years under his management for the CL, try looking up the performance of wenger and the piss soaked tramp in their first few seasons in Europe.

Then blame the money spent, but numpty spent a very large chunk of it on players who are now seen by the world as piss poor buys, so as Roberto has spent far more wisely its not one to hang your hat on.

But the most telling point is this, we have not just beaten the red shit under Roberto, we have humiliated them on their own midden, tactically and in the mind games department Roberto has matched and beaten demento to the point even the ragarses know it.

Now if that aint good enough reason to let go of the chip on your shoulder then you have my pity ;0)

Wrong, I was a Hughes Outer. Mancini has matched and beaten demento tactically and in the mind games department has he? Ah well, I guess the ragarses will have to console themselves with the Premiership title.

blueonblue said:
Its such a shame that the divisions created by that dogs bastard hughes are still in effect at the club and on this board.

The outers are mostly the deluded who backed numpty to the hilt, hanging on to the hope he could do well at QPR so they could continue playing the victim while spouting "Told you he was a good manager".

Are they!?

I was a Mancini Inner at least six months before Hughes left.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
The cookie monster said:
They have already gone on record as saying they want him gone no matter what
Refuse to acknowledge his name,they won't clap towards him,join in with the other 40'000 in singing his name,they have a dislike for the bloke

So if or when he holds the trophy above his head I expect them to keep true to form and stay silent
They will still cheer the team just not mancini.

More fallacy presented as fact. You don't work for the Daily Mail do you?! Whatever, just to clarify that even as an 'outer', I have no problem singing Mancini's name, and indeed do so every single week. And I suspect 95% of the rest of the 'outers' do too, because, and here's a notion that I know you're going to struggle with, they're all City fans and they want us to succeed! Is that smoke coming out of your ears? Does not compute, does not compute! Stand well back everyone, he's gonna blow!

A gasket or an Italian salami?

blueonblue said:

Nice bullshit there. I never wanted Hughes in, and wanted him out the whole time. I was a Erikkson inner, and yes the irony is not lost on me.

Dethred said:
blueonblue said:

Nice bullshit there. I never wanted Hughes in, and wanted him out the whole time. I was a Erikkson inner, and yes the irony is not lost on me.

Sven should not have been sacked.

Dethred said:
blueonblue said:

I'm the same. I wanted Sven to stay and wanted Hughes out for his last 12 months.

Firstly, arguing about whether or not fans will cheer at Wembley if we win the cup is just daft, everyone will cheer and be ecstatic if we win regardless of who they want as manager.

Overall I'm on the fence with this one, however I 100% feel that Mancini deserves at least another year in charge for the following reasons:

1. Winning 2, possibly 3, trophies in 3 seasons and qualifying for the CL in each year is a fantastic achievement for a team that hasn't won anything for 40 years, regardless of the money spent.
2. Every team/manager has bad seasons, for example, united last year got knocked out of the group stage CL in a much easier group to us and didn't win a trophy. Dortmund also did not qualify from their CL group last season.
3. The year before we won the league fans criticised Mancini's playing style for being too defensive and boring, the season after he changed it around and we were the best team to watch in England so hopefully after this years criticism of being too narrow and slow he will address the problems in the summer.
4. The targets in the summer were players such as Hazard, Van Persie and De Rossi of which none were captured which is not Mancini's fault. If this summer we get the right players I feel we will really improve.
5. All managers spend money on players that don't work out for the club, that does not mean they are a bad manager, you cannot expect every signing to work out perfectly.

Whether or not Mancini does fulfil expectations next year in the CL and Premier League, I believe he at least deserves the chance for what he has done for the club so far.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dethred said:
blueonblue said:

I'm the same. I wanted Sven to stay and wanted Hughes out for his last 12 months.

Ah I still miss Sven. Couldn't take to Hughes but with Frank in charge figured he was probably the best we could get and then wanted him out the second ADUG too over. That no one seemed to notice Hughes was borderline incompetent still baffles me to this day.

Still the comedy gold that was Hughes stint at QPR has largely washed away the frustration I felt during that wasted period.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dethred said:
blueonblue said:

Me too. I always thought that was a reason Hughes was never really backed (apart from the obvious links)- the fact that he took over from a guy, who I believed was reasonably popular.

I guess there could be parallels if Mancini does go.

NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
Have a look how many said the same as me when that question was asked.

One comp is worth something daft like £2.5m and the other £50m. Is it any wonder why clubs rest players for CL and field weakened teams in the FA Cup?

I personally would like both and I agree success is an obvious positive but lets have it right. Money is just as important and so too is exposure. Finishing runner up in CL is worth like £35-40m whereas FA Cup is a drop in the ocean comparatively.

I think this is where we differ Nip. You are looking at it from the joyless position that football is a business. This quest to see the bigger picture. And yes, football is big business now.

But I look at it as a City fan, and nowadays it's about what we see out on the pitch and seeing big shiny trophies being held aloft by a dashing Italian bloke.

That is the joy of football.

If you want to follow a club where the balance sheet is prized more highly than a trophy then Arsenal are the best example of that.

The money will take care of itself. I'm just looking forward to the cup final.

Arsenal are fundamentally in opposite direction than ourselves, they want to get into Europe solely to pocket the profit. We will use this cash to cover costs and reduce losses and then break even. Once we start to turn a profit and churn players out the academy (to keep and sell) then we will be a MASSIVE threat to all of club football and that's when the fun starts.

You make a good point about me being detached somewhat. I'd agree with that but I choose to be like this. I am a fan of football but also business. I enjoy digesting information about the whole project as well as on field success rather than just taking each game as it comes and going with the flow.

The joys of football are winning games and achieving success in competitions but the biggest joy is watching my/our team grow from a mid table outfit to a giant in football. For me that's the biggest joy.

Not saying for a minute some don't understand but I do believe some simply don't comprehend how big this project is. Don't take this out of context but an FA Cup is only part of the journey, Europe is KEY.

I do sound joyless don't I hahaha.
I think we can all agree that the Project is huge, but if FFP has hamstrung us a bit then one thing we are not short of is time. The homegrown generation of City is some way off yet. We know we can play brilliant football in the here and now, and there is no reason why we can't play like we know we can in Europe. It is tight margins when the opposition are just as good as you are and humans can make individual errors occasionally, more often in high pressure situations like our opening European game this season. Shit happens.

Luckily I think the owners understand this. For me Mancini gets time, we don't need to rush it. Consistently challenging at the top of the league as we have done for the past 3 years is absolutely fine for now, Europe will come eventually. I think some of us just need to chill, enjoy where we are now, and to use your phrase from above, "go with the flow". We're in good hands and it is going to take a while before we are a "European heavyweight". Keep doing what we have been domestically first, and it will guive us a solid platform to build on. Might even be next season, who knows, that's the beauty of it. Relax mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.