Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

NipHolmes said:
'Rumours are everywhere. Look at City, you can see Mancini leaving. At Chelsea, you see Benitez leaving. Me or possibly someone else'.

Like you say,probably not much in that other than his own opinion based on what he can see.

taconinja said:
I wouldn't put stock in it. Mourinho loves to stir the pot. Probably just setting up next season's mind games.

I did think that too but it will have little effect on Bob as he's had it all season.

He could have been suggesting there may be a vacancy, he has nothing to gain from suggesting Bob may leave when Benitez is nailed on to go.

Just saying that if Mendes was told no and that Bobby was saying then Jose may not have said that?

The actual Mourinho quote:

"You look around you and it seems that everybody is moving. There's Carlo [Ancelotti] at PSG, Bayern are changing coaches, Manchester City, Chelsea, there's speculation everywhere. Some changes will happen and others are just rumours..."

Very interesting indeed.

FantasyIreland said:
NipHolmes said:
'Rumours are everywhere. Look at City, you can see Mancini leaving. At Chelsea, you see Benitez leaving. Me or possibly someone else'.

Like you say,probably not much in that other than his own opinion based on what he can see.

I'm 50/50. I dunno whether he was told by Txiki via Mendes that Bobby may go but be replaced by someone else or whether he's being a sly bastard or just shit stirring.

33/33/33, I'll give the 1 to TCM, Call it a peace offering ;)

NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
I wouldn't put stock in it. Mourinho loves to stir the pot. Probably just setting up next season's mind games.

I did think that too but it will have little effect on Bob as he's had it all season.

He could have been suggesting there may be a vacancy, he has nothing to gain from suggesting Bob may leave when Benitez is nailed on to go.

Just saying that if Mendes was told no and that Bobby was saying then Jose may not have said that?

Mou does like playing with the media and the media love it.

Yaya_Tony said:
NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:
I think this is where we differ Nip. You are looking at it from the joyless position that football is a business. This quest to see the bigger picture. And yes, football is big business now.

But I look at it as a City fan, and nowadays it's about what we see out on the pitch and seeing big shiny trophies being held aloft by a dashing Italian bloke.

That is the joy of football.

If you want to follow a club where the balance sheet is prized more highly than a trophy then Arsenal are the best example of that.

The money will take care of itself. I'm just looking forward to the cup final.

Arsenal are fundamentally in opposite direction than ourselves, they want to get into Europe solely to pocket the profit. We will use this cash to cover costs and reduce losses and then break even. Once we start to turn a profit and churn players out the academy (to keep and sell) then we will be a MASSIVE threat to all of club football and that's when the fun starts.

You make a good point about me being detached somewhat. I'd agree with that but I choose to be like this. I am a fan of football but also business. I enjoy digesting information about the whole project as well as on field success rather than just taking each game as it comes and going with the flow.

The joys of football are winning games and achieving success in competitions but the biggest joy is watching my/our team grow from a mid table outfit to a giant in football. For me that's the biggest joy.

Not saying for a minute some don't understand but I do believe some simply don't comprehend how big this project is. Don't take this out of context but an FA Cup is only part of the journey, Europe is KEY.

I do sound joyless don't I hahaha.
I think we can all agree that the Project is huge, but if FFP has hamstrung us a bit then one thing we are not short of is time. The homegrown generation of City is some way off yet. We know we can play brilliant football in the here and now, and there is no reason why we can't play like we know we can in Europe. It is tight margins when the opposition are just as good as you are and humans can make individual errors occasionally, more often in high pressure situations like our opening European game this season. Shit happens.

Luckily I think the owners understand this. For me Mancini gets time, we don't need to rush it. Consistently challenging at the top of the league as we have done for the past 3 years is absolutely fine for now, Europe will come eventually. I think some of us just need to chill, enjoy where we are now, and to use your phrase from above, "go with the flow". We're in good hands and it is going to take a while before we are a "European heavyweight". Keep doing what we have been domestically first, and it will guive us a solid platform to build on. Might even be next season, who knows, that's the beauty of it. Relax mate.

I'm dangerously close to agreeing with most of that! One of us is clearly feeling unwell! ;)

Didsbury Dave said:

"You look around you and it seems that everybody is moving. There's Carlo [Ancelotti] at PSG, Bayern are changing coaches, Manchester City, Chelsea, there's speculation everywhere. Some changes will happen and others are just rumours..."

Very interesting indeed.

No its's not interesting at all, just Mourinho attention grabbing again.

blueparrot said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Very interesting indeed.

No its's not interesting at all, just Mourinho attention grabbing again.

I had a feeling that this would be the little island the head-in-sand brigade would jump to.

PMSL.

You gotta admire the outers
strawsc.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.