Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Didsbury Dave said:
The actual Mourinho quote:

"You look around you and it seems that everybody is moving. There's Carlo [Ancelotti] at PSG, Bayern are changing coaches, Manchester City, Chelsea, there's speculation everywhere. Some changes will happen and others are just rumours..."

Very interesting indeed.

...or stating the bleeding obvious, whichever way you look at it.
Come on Dave - that quote means precisely nothing - it's simply a throwaway remark.
In fact if someone came on here and came out with 'there is speculation, some changes will happen, and some are rumours', then you would probably come out with 'no shit Sherlock', and I would agree with you.

BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:
I read that as, there is speculation surrounding City, there could be a change or it may just be rumours.

That's how I read it too. But it's certainly interesting he's mentioned Mancini. He will, of course, have a very good inside track on who's really leaving and not, around Europe.

Of course it isn't proof Mancini is off but it certainly is fuel on the fire of an already rampant rumour mill, especially as he was quoted recently as saying "Mancini has a new contract" or something.

There are two different quotes doing the rounds actually, the one where he mentions Benetiz and Mancini in the same breath, and the one where he mentions Ancelotti. I don't know if he said two different things or whether one of the quotes is inaccurate.

I think Jose's pressing concern is finding a new club for next season. His choices are somewhat limited at the moment and he seems to be finding that difficult to cope with. Personally I don't think Chelsea is where he wants to go as it smacks of going backwards but that seems to be his only option other than PSG and Chelsea will not give him the control he wants meaning its likely to end in tears even if he ends up there.

City is not an option for Mourinho. I said it two years ago and nothing has happened in the meantime to make it any more likely. City want a Pep not a Jose and subsequent appointments make that even more clear. Jose could drop his cacks and reveal a blue moon painted on his arse and he still wouldn't get the gig.

Been saying it for 5 months mate
The only club left for mourinho is the one that sacked him
Every man and his dog knows he wants the rags gig especially aft his rather embarrassing on air audition aft he beat the fuckers
He's had two fingers off us
So its tail between his legs and back to the mad russian i'm afraid

It was funny when Mourinho was trying to pimp his wares and ITV cut him off midstream. He looked a broken man at that point. I see how he's carried it on though, using everything at his disposal to sell himself to another club. The man has no shame.

Imagine, if any manager of ours came out in public doing the same? Imagine if he did get the gig and 2 years down the line he's pimping himself out again, possibly to the likes of United?

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's how I read it too. But it's certainly interesting he's mentioned Mancini. He will, of course, have a very good inside track on who's really leaving and not, around Europe.

Of course it isn't proof Mancini is off but it certainly is fuel on the fire of an already rampant rumour mill, especially as he was quoted recently as saying "Mancini has a new contract" or something.

There are two different quotes doing the rounds actually, the one where he mentions Benetiz and Mancini in the same breath, and the one where he mentions Ancelotti. I don't know if he said two different things or whether one of the quotes is inaccurate.

I think Jose's pressing concern is finding a new club for next season. His choices are somewhat limited at the moment and he seems to be finding that difficult to cope with. Personally I don't think Chelsea is where he wants to go as it smacks of going backwards but that seems to be his only option other than PSG and Chelsea will not give him the control he wants meaning its likely to end in tears even if he ends up there.

City is not an option for Mourinho. I said it two years ago and nothing has happened in the meantime to make it any more likely. City want a Pep not a Jose and subsequent appointments make that even more clear. Jose could drop his cacks and reveal a blue moon painted on his arse and he still wouldn't get the gig.
I'm not suggesting he's coming to city at all, much as I'd like it. But there's a reason he's lumping Mancini in with Benitez. The reason is the same reason that this thread exists: there's a distinct possibility of city needing a new manager this summer.

Jose was responding to rumours regarding himself by talking about rumours over other high profile managers including Mancini plus having a bit of a dig about Pep - which Jose has to get over although the fact that Pep is waltzing into the Bayern job and taking over a team at the top of its game and he has the option of Chelsea is not helping.

You think his comment has deeper meaning because you want it to. The current reality is Mancini and his staff are here for next season. You don't have to be ITK to get that clear impression.

This doesn't preclude Roberto and Txiki having a major bust up over transfers or whatever before next season starts but common sense alone should tell you that Roberto seems pretty chilled about the situation - hell he is even taking the piss about it in the presser. And this is the bloke who throw his toys out the pram once he knew he was out at Inter and then came back 24 hours later to see out the season.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Yaya_Tony said:
NipHolmes said:
Arsenal are fundamentally in opposite direction than ourselves, they want to get into Europe solely to pocket the profit. We will use this cash to cover costs and reduce losses and then break even. Once we start to turn a profit and churn players out the academy (to keep and sell) then we will be a MASSIVE threat to all of club football and that's when the fun starts.

You make a good point about me being detached somewhat. I'd agree with that but I choose to be like this. I am a fan of football but also business. I enjoy digesting information about the whole project as well as on field success rather than just taking each game as it comes and going with the flow.

The joys of football are winning games and achieving success in competitions but the biggest joy is watching my/our team grow from a mid table outfit to a giant in football. For me that's the biggest joy.

Not saying for a minute some don't understand but I do believe some simply don't comprehend how big this project is. Don't take this out of context but an FA Cup is only part of the journey, Europe is KEY.

I do sound joyless don't I hahaha.
I think we can all agree that the Project is huge, but if FFP has hamstrung us a bit then one thing we are not short of is time. The homegrown generation of City is some way off yet. We know we can play brilliant football in the here and now, and there is no reason why we can't play like we know we can in Europe. It is tight margins when the opposition are just as good as you are and humans can make individual errors occasionally, more often in high pressure situations like our opening European game this season. Shit happens.

Luckily I think the owners understand this. For me Mancini gets time, we don't need to rush it. Consistently challenging at the top of the league as we have done for the past 3 years is absolutely fine for now, Europe will come eventually. I think some of us just need to chill, enjoy where we are now, and to use your phrase from above, "go with the flow". We're in good hands and it is going to take a while before we are a "European heavyweight". Keep doing what we have been domestically first, and it will guive us a solid platform to build on. Might even be next season, who knows, that's the beauty of it. Relax mate.

I'm dangerously close to agreeing with most of that! One of us is clearly feeling unwell! ;)

Not me! I'm feelin' fine, long weekend coming up :)

BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:

I'm not suggesting he's coming to city at all, much as I'd like it. But there's a reason he's lumping Mancini in with Benitez. The reason is the same reason that this thread exists: there's a distinct possibility of city needing a new manager this summer.

Jose was responding to rumours regarding himself by talking about rumours over other high profile managers including Mancini plus having a bit of a dig about Pep - which Jose has to get over although the fact that Pep is waltzing into the Bayern job and taking over a team at the top of its game and he has the option of Chelsea is not helping.

You think his comment has deeper meaning because you want it to. The current reality is Mancini and his staff are here for next season. You don't have to be ITK to get that clear impression.

This doesn't preclude Roberto and Txiki having a major bust up over transfers or whatever before next season starts but common sense alone should tell you that Roberto seems pretty chilled about the situation - hell he is even taking the piss about it in the presser. And this is the bloke who throw his toys out the pram once he knew he was out at Inter and then came back 24 hours later to see out the season.

I think Bob is chilled because he knows if he gets sacked he gets a payoff and he gets to pick up the phone and can take the Monaco job in an instant. He stays he wins, he gets sacked he wins. Great situation.

"No comment on the main thrust of your post which was that the Mancini Outers are mainly people who wanted Hughes to stay?"

No real need as they display the same kind of head up the arse thinking when they try to pick holes in the job Roberto is doing, just as they did when trying to defend their blind favor of a now proven fool.

There was never the division between the supporters before that f*cking clown came to pollute our managers office, there was differing viewpoints, but always with the best interests of the club at heart rather than the childish back biting that became his legacy.

blueonblue said:
"No comment on the main thrust of your post which was that the Mancini Outers are mainly people who wanted Hughes to stay?"

No real need as they display the same kind of head up the arse thinking when they try to pick holes in the job Roberto is doing, just as they did when trying to defend their blind favor of a now proven fool.

There was never the division between the supporters before that f*cking clown came to pollute our managers office, there was differing viewpoints, but always with the best interests of the club at heart rather than the childish back biting that became his legacy.
But that's not what you said.

You were shown to be wrong.

Seems Bob's got a few moves of his own:

Mancini even joked that he may not be the right person ask, given the amount of speculation there has been over his own future throughout the season.

The Italian said: "You want to speak with me, with Pellegrini, with Guardiola, with Mourinho, with who?

"My strategy is only one, to get the second position and try and win the FA Cup. After this we start to work for next year."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.