Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Didsbury Dave said:
blueparrot said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The actual Mourinho quote:

"You look around you and it seems that everybody is moving. There's Carlo [Ancelotti] at PSG, Bayern are changing coaches, Manchester City, Chelsea, there's speculation everywhere. Some changes will happen and others are just rumours..."

Very interesting indeed.

No its's not interesting at all, just Mourinho attention grabbing again.

I had a feeling that this would be the little island the head-in-sand brigade would jump to.

PMSL.

So Mourinho points out there is speculation and rumours everywhere, you must be right he truly is the Messiah. Maybe tomorrow he will issue a statement on the popes religion.

Didsbury Dave said:

"You look around you and it seems that everybody is moving. There's Carlo [Ancelotti] at PSG, Bayern are changing coaches, Manchester City, Chelsea, there's speculation everywhere. Some changes will happen and others are just rumours..."

Very interesting indeed.

I read that as, there is speculation surrounding City, there could be a change or it may just be rumours.

Barcon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Very interesting indeed.

I read that as, there is speculation surrounding City, there could be a change or it may just be rumours.

That's how I read it too. But it's certainly interesting he's mentioned Mancini. He will, of course, have a very good inside track on who's really leaving and not, around Europe.

Of course it isn't proof Mancini is off but it certainly is fuel on the fire of an already rampant rumour mill, especially as he was quoted recently as saying "Mancini has a new contract" or something.

There are two different quotes doing the rounds actually, the one where he mentions Benetiz and Mancini in the same breath, and the one where he mentions Ancelotti. I don't know if he said two different things or whether one of the quotes is inaccurate.

Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Very interesting indeed.

That's how I read it too. But it's certainly interesting he's mentioned Mancini. He will, of course, have a very good inside track on who's really leaving and not, around Europe.

Of course it isn't proof Mancini is off but it certainly is fuel on the fire of an already rampant rumour mill, especially as he was quoted recently as saying "Mancini has a new contract" or something.

There are two different quotes doing the rounds actually, the one where he mentions Benetiz and Mancini in the same breath, and the one where he mentions Ancelotti. I don't know if he said two different things or whether one of the quotes is inaccurate.

It was two different quotes I believe. He mentioned Guardiola going to Bayern and the pressure of the job, with Bayern doing so well this season.

If Mancini was safe then Mendes would have been told so, thus closing the door imo.

Didsbury Dave said:
blueparrot said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Very interesting indeed.

I had a feeling that this would be the little island the head-in-sand brigade would jump to.

PMSL.

Head in sand brigade?

I think that's more to do with you and yours Dismal.

Can't you see those shiny trophies in the cabinet? Courtesy of Mr Roberto Mancini. And possibly another one on it's way a week on Saturday. But don't let those facts get in the way of your agenda.

The Flash said:
Didsbury Dave said:
blueparrot said:

PMSL.

Head in sand brigade?

Can't you see those shiny trophies in the cabinet? Courtesy of Mr Roberto Mancini. And possibly another one on it's way a week on Saturday. But don't let those facts get in the way of your agenda.

Can you imagine 'the flash' of a European trophy in our cabinet? Well if we want one we will be waiting some time with Mancini in charge, never mind Bayern or Dortmund, the likes of Napoli and Ajax stand in our way!

Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Very interesting indeed.

I think Jose's pressing concern is finding a new club for next season. His choices are somewhat limited at the moment and he seems to be finding that difficult to cope with. Personally I don't think Chelsea is where he wants to go as it smacks of going backwards but that seems to be his only option other than PSG and Chelsea will not give him the control he wants meaning its likely to end in tears even if he ends up there.

City is not an option for Mourinho. I said it two years ago and nothing has happened in the meantime to make it any more likely. City want a Pep not a Jose and subsequent appointments make that even more clear. Jose could drop his cacks and reveal a blue moon painted on his arse and he still wouldn't get the gig.

NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:
Didsbury Dave said:

PMSL.

Head in sand brigade?

Can you imagine 'the flash' of a European trophy in our cabinet? Well if we want one we will be waiting some time with Mancini in charge, never mind Bayern or Dortmund, the likes of Napoli and Ajax stand in our way!

Oh dear. Okay then, if it's Champions League success you want, why aren't you all championing Roberto Di Matteo? He has a 100% tournament success rate.

BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:

I think Jose's pressing concern is finding a new club for next season. His choices are somewhat limited at the moment and he seems to be finding that difficult to cope with. Personally I don't think Chelsea is where he wants to go as it smacks of going backwards but that seems to be his only option other than PSG and Chelsea will not give him the control he wants meaning its likely to end in tears even if he ends up there.

City is not an option for Mourinho. I said it two years ago and nothing has happened in the meantime to make it any more likely. City want a Pep not a Jose and subsequent appointments make that even more clear. Jose could drop his cacks and reveal a blue moon painted on his arse and he still wouldn't get the gig.
I'm not suggesting he's coming to city at all, much as I'd like it. But there's a reason he's lumping Mancini in with Benitez. The reason is the same reason that this thread exists: there's a distinct possibility of city needing a new manager this summer.

The Flash said:
NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:
Head in sand brigade?

Oh dear. Okay then, if it's Champions League success you want, why aren't you all championing Roberto Di Matteo? He has a 100% tournament success rate.

A double winner in fact!

In all seriousness RDM won the lottery. I feel a **** for saying it but it's all down hill from here on in as far as silverware achievements go in his career.

He's a good young manager but needs to do some teething elsewhere. he was simply at the right place and the right time with Chelsea and the siege mentality worked. How they beat Barca over two legs playing like Smith's Rangers side in the UEFA Cup I will never know. They were dead and buried until Drogba netted the header.

Still. It's a good point that kind of trumps my remark. I have to concede this.<br /><br />-- Fri May 03, 2013 3:05 pm --<br /><br />
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:

I can't disagree with this to be honest. I think Jose has more of a chance than you state but not as good chance as a few others.

Jose wants to open as many doors as possible which is common sense. PSG are leverage and I can only see him go there if all else fails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.