Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

NipHolmes said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm not suggesting he's coming to city at all, much as I'd like it. But there's a reason he's lumping Mancini in with Benitez. The reason is the same reason that this thread exists: there's a distinct possibility of city needing a new manager this summer.

Jose was responding to rumours regarding himself by talking about rumours over other high profile managers including Mancini plus having a bit of a dig about Pep - which Jose has to get over although the fact that Pep is waltzing into the Bayern job and taking over a team at the top of its game and he has the option of Chelsea is not helping.

You think his comment has deeper meaning because you want it to. The current reality is Mancini and his staff are here for next season. You don't have to be ITK to get that clear impression.

This doesn't preclude Roberto and Txiki having a major bust up over transfers or whatever before next season starts but common sense alone should tell you that Roberto seems pretty chilled about the situation - hell he is even taking the piss about it in the presser. And this is the bloke who throw his toys out the pram once he knew he was out at Inter and then came back 24 hours later to see out the season.

I think Bob is chilled because he knows if he gets sacked he gets a payoff and he gets to pick up the phone and can take the Monaco job in an instant. He stays he wins, he gets sacked he wins. Great situation.

I think you misread Mancini's character but that's just my opinion against your opinion and only time will tell who is right.

mourinho would eat a scabby horse and chew off an arm to get either manchester job especially at city as has he has history with mancini and would love to replace him again.His past behaviour has put paid to both jobs in my opinion.

BobKowalski said:
NipHolmes said:
BobKowalski said:
Jose was responding to rumours regarding himself by talking about rumours over other high profile managers including Mancini plus having a bit of a dig about Pep - which Jose has to get over although the fact that Pep is waltzing into the Bayern job and taking over a team at the top of its game and he has the option of Chelsea is not helping.

You think his comment has deeper meaning because you want it to. The current reality is Mancini and his staff are here for next season. You don't have to be ITK to get that clear impression.

This doesn't preclude Roberto and Txiki having a major bust up over transfers or whatever before next season starts but common sense alone should tell you that Roberto seems pretty chilled about the situation - hell he is even taking the piss about it in the presser. And this is the bloke who throw his toys out the pram once he knew he was out at Inter and then came back 24 hours later to see out the season.

I think Bob is chilled because he knows if he gets sacked he gets a payoff and he gets to pick up the phone and can take the Monaco job in an instant. He stays he wins, he gets sacked he wins. Great situation.

I think you misread Mancini's character but that's just my opinion against your opinion and only time will tell who is right.

Indeed.

IMO he is in a position of power, he has a plan b employment option. He knows if he is sacked he gets a payday and if he stays he's ok. The thing is though, even the most optimistic of Mancini backers know full well that one more failing in Europe and that's it, over, done, a blot on his c.v and no excuses to keep rolling out. No Marwood, backed in the summer and his third attempt (fair dues on this years group even though I thought last years was do-able). Ranieri will start looking at Russian brochures soon into next years season, you can guarantee that.

BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
I think Jose's pressing concern is finding a new club for next season. His choices are somewhat limited at the moment and he seems to be finding that difficult to cope with. Personally I don't think Chelsea is where he wants to go as it smacks of going backwards but that seems to be his only option other than PSG and Chelsea will not give him the control he wants meaning its likely to end in tears even if he ends up there.

City is not an option for Mourinho. I said it two years ago and nothing has happened in the meantime to make it any more likely. City want a Pep not a Jose and subsequent appointments make that even more clear. Jose could drop his cacks and reveal a blue moon painted on his arse and he still wouldn't get the gig.
I'm not suggesting he's coming to city at all, much as I'd like it. But there's a reason he's lumping Mancini in with Benitez. The reason is the same reason that this thread exists: there's a distinct possibility of city needing a new manager this summer.

His passion has definitely died a bit over the last few weeks. Maybe it's because the title chase is over. Or maybe because he knows he won't be here for next season.

As you say. Time will tell.

Didsbury Dave said:
His passion has definitely died a bit over the last few weeks. Maybe it's because the title chase is over. Or maybe because he knows he won't be here for next season.

Seeing as his passions died, we do seem to have done extremely well.

Form over the last 8 games got us 18 points, the heighest in the league.

Beat the Rags at the Swamp.

Beat Chelsea to get to a cup final.

I hope he loses that passion more.

Yaya_Tony said:
I think we can all agree that the Project is huge, but if FFP has hamstrung us a bit then one thing we are not short of is time. The homegrown generation of City is some way off yet. We know we can play brilliant football in the here and now, and there is no reason why we can't play like we know we can in Europe. It is tight margins when the opposition are just as good as you are and humans can make individual errors occasionally, more often in high pressure situations like our opening European game this season. Shit happens.

Luckily I think the owners understand this. For me Mancini gets time, we don't need to rush it. Consistently challenging at the top of the league as we have done for the past 3 years is absolutely fine for now, Europe will come eventually. I think some of us just need to chill, enjoy where we are now, and to use your phrase from above, "go with the flow". We're in good hands and it is going to take a while before we are a "European heavyweight". Keep doing what we have been domestically first, and it will guive us a solid platform to build on. Might even be next season, who knows, that's the beauty of it. Relax mate.

Not read all 37 pages but this pretty much sums up the situation for me.

Patience is a virtue, as they say.

The problem, as I see it, is that in every area of our 21st century lives we have been granted the ability to get almost anything we want now, NOW, NOW, but "thees ees football" and it's one of the few things in our modern day lives that just doesn't work like that.

For me, the best course of action is to not rock the boat unless it needs rocking; quit moaning and enjoy the ride, remembering that good things come to those who wait and realising that when these good things do finally arrive they'll taste all the sweeter for the waiting.

The Future's Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Except that's not how it was over the last few weeks. We lost to spurs, were outplayed by Wigan and laboured against west ham.

Don't bother jumping on it as a straw man, by the way. It was in answer to bob's point about his demeanour, not results.

NipHolmes said:
BobKowalski said:
NipHolmes said:

Indeed.

IMO he is in a position of power, he has a plan b employment option. He knows if he is sacked he gets a payday and if he stays he's ok. The thing is though, even the most optimistic of Mancini backers know full well that one more failing in Europe and that's it, over, done, a blot on his c.v and no excuses to keep rolling out. No Marwood, backed in the summer and his third attempt (fair dues on this years group even though I thought last years was do-able). Ranieri will start looking at Russian brochures soon into next years season, you can guarantee that.

This makes no sense. If he is sacked he gets a payday, yet if he fails again in Europe he it's all over and a blot on his c.v?
I agree that failing in Europe again could be the end for him, and getting sacked is a blot on anybodys c.v. What I don't agree with is that you think Mancini wouldn't be bothered if he was sacked and got a blot on his c.v because he will paid off. Do you think he has no pride.

Didsbury Dave said:
The Future's Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Except that's not how it was over the last few weeks. We lost to spurs, were outplayed by Wigan and laboured against west ham.

Don't bother jumping on it as a straw man, by the way. It was in answer to bob's point about his demeanour, not results.
What's up with you, I'm not jumping on anything. Fair enough, we lost to a near full strength Spurs side who are fighting for a CL spot. We handled it well until AVB outdone us, but that happens sometimes.

As for Wigan and West Ham, we won mate. Again, these 2 teams were fighting for things but at no point did I feel either of them would take us. In fact, we battered West Ham until about the 87th minute when they got their second shot on target.

He did look a little pissed a few weeks back but since the Derby win and win at Wembley, he seems to have come back up.

I suppose that's why Txiki said he was a Champion. Champions don't like losing and he shows it accordingly.

Anyway, who's this Wurzel that everybody keeps talking about? He's becoming very popular on here ;)

Didsbury Dave said:
The Future's Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

We controlled all those games and WON the spurs game you really cant blame mancini on it was a 6 min laps of concentration, DB you know sometimes you can blame the players who actually PLAYS. Kompany didnt do himself or us any favours in that game for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.