Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

I just don't see why city don't put to bed any rumours.

There is nothing to lose from doing so, just putting a statement out to say there is no way he is going etc.

I guess you could argue that comment about being a winner from Soriano was it, but I'm not so sure. Equally the fact that he has a long contract may put rumours to bed, but it hasn't

It isn't just on here that there is speculation; it is in the press, and apparent sightings with other managers agents.

Mancini might well be staying, but I am just a little confused as to why City, especially after the sighting with Pellegrini's agent haven't come out and rubbished any managerial link with the story, and confirmed Mancini is going nowhere.

Like I say, I don't see what we would lose from this. It's not like we are fighting relegation and it would be the dreaded vote of confidence.

Until that happens, you have to say it is in the balance, or at least there is a chance he might be off. City have allowed this to rumble on.

dancity19 said:

There is nothing to lose from doing so, just putting a statement out to say there is no way he is going etc.

I guess you could argue that comment about being a winner from Soriano was it, but I'm not so sure. Equally the fact that he has a long contract may put rumours to bed, but it hasn't

It isn't just on here that there is speculation; it is in the press, and apparent sightings with other managers agents.

Mancini might well be staying, but I am just a little confused as to why City, especially after the sighting with Pellegrini's agent haven't come out and rubbished any managerial link with the story, and confirmed Mancini is going nowhere.

Like I say, I don't see what we would lose from this. It's not like we are fighting relegation and it would be the dreaded vote of confidence.

Until that happens, you have to say it is in the balance, or at least there is a chance he might be off. City have allowed this to rumble on.

Speculation about Mancini's future is quite literally constant. If the club addressed it every time it came to the fore we'd have no time to play football! You don't want to set precedents responding to every bit of bullshit some journo manages to pull out of his arse that week, or as soon as you don't rubbish the new bit of speculation they'll immediately assume they've actually got something right.

Best not to pander to every little whim. Plus there is also the possibility that Mancini's job actually isn't secure, in which case there's no point painting yourself into a corner.

There's always a chance of either parties having a change of heart, it could happen anywhere, however if you hear Mancini talking it's quite clear that he sees himself with the club next season. If both parties are happy, there's no need to put any statements out.

Just for context, Mancini said in his presser that he was concentrating on claiming second and winning the FA Cup. Once complete, we will work for next year.

adrianr said:
dancity19 said:

Speculation about Mancini's future is quite literally constant. If the club addressed it every time it came to the fore we'd have no time to play football! You don't want to set precedents responding to every bit of bullshit some journo manages to pull out of his arse that week, or as soon as you don't rubbish the new bit of speculation they'll immediately assume they've actually got something right.

Best not to pander to every little whim. Plus there is also the possibility that Mancini's job actually isn't secure, in which case there's no point painting yourself into a corner.

I understand that, but really, we should have an idea of whether he is staying or not. Unless it relies on the FA Cup- but I highly doubt that, and that would be a little short sighted by 'football people'.

I am not saying a statement for every bit of news, of course not. But with the rumours, then Mourinho's comments etc I think City could have put a blanket statement out just saying Mancini will be here next year, all stories are idle made up speculation. Unless they aren't.....

I know that your job is never 100% safe, but they will know whether they intend to sack him or not..

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
The cookie monster said:
And exeter it was on an earlier post i referred to some outers...

So I'm "fucking dim" because I didn't trawl back through your previous posts before replying to the one in question? Hmmmm! ;)

Yep-You called it..dimwit......:-)

You need to wind it in mate,insults and wind ups are all your contributing.

The Future's Blue said:
Seems Bob's got a few moves of his own:

Mancini even joked that he may not be the right person ask, given the amount of speculation there has been over his own future throughout the season.

The Italian said: "You want to speak with me, with Pellegrini, with Guardiola, with Mourinho, with who?

"My strategy is only one, to get the second position and try and win the FA Cup. After this we start to work for next year."

Oh god I can imagine all the outers smashing their laptops at the thought of this.

Forza Mancini...the man who made my(and many city fans) dreams of winning a trophy come true. European progression next please boss and the premiership trophy back in our cabinet next May.

Last time Soriano made the winner comment it was reported as the "dreaded vote of confidence". No value in responding to every rumour, and when the day comes that you are looking to replace the manager you've got to back him in public or people will know something is different.

FantasyIreland said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
So I'm "fucking dim" because I didn't trawl back through your previous posts before replying to the one in question? Hmmmm! ;)

Yep-You called it..dimwit......:-)

You need to wind it in mate,insults and wind ups are all your contributing.

Hahahahaha you think calling someone a dimwhit is an insult.. Give it a rest will you soft lad.
I couldn't insult a fly!!

From the articles written in recent weeks, i have gathered that Txiki is keen on Pellegrini but have failed to convince Khaldoon and Mansour so far. They have an extremely good relationship with Mancini and want to give him another season at the least. I personally am confident Mancini will here next season but it could end up being a power struggle perhaps/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.