Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

I like Mancini and he has a lot of good qualities but as i just posted elsewhere,his seeming inability to change the groundhog awaydays like yesterday may be his undoing.The team is too one paced and predictable as well,with no plan B.

Master_Tactician said:
"Jose Mourinho to Chelsea far from done" - The Times journalist.
<a class="postlink" href="http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/6e0d48d1-91e8-47c0-b9d1-0b9eacda948b/?source=twitter&repost=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/6e0d4 ... repost=180</a>

Echoes what Gullem Ballague said on Revista de La Liga this week.

Could a hijacking of that deal be on the cards?

It's not a hijacking, he just won't go there if they're not in the Champions League. Its funny, for all the love Chelsea fans have for him, and he supposedly for them, any deal with them is getting dropped like it's hot if they're in Europa again (and he receives other good offers ofc, of which I'm sure he'll have loads).

adrianr said:
Master_Tactician said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/6e0d48d1-91e8-47c0-b9d1-0b9eacda948b/?source=twitter&repost=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/6e0d4 ... repost=180</a>

It's not a hijacking, he just won't go there if they're not in the Champions League. Its funny, for all the love Chelsea fans have for him, and he supposedly for them, any deal with them is getting dropped like it's hot if they're in Europa again (and he receives other good offers ofc, of which I'm sure he'll have loads).

He isn't keen on Emenalo. Neither was AVB either fwiw.

Yes man and does what Roman wants rather than what's needed.

That's going off Chelsea fan sites.

adrianr said:
Master_Tactician said:

Agreed.

For all the love the Chelsea fans have for Mourinho and Mourinho to Chelsea, if United offered Jose the job in the Summer he would not even blink an eye at Chelsea.

Would not want him anywhere near City though, FORZA MANCINI!

adrianr said:
Master_Tactician said:

See the full The Times article:
"Speculation mounts over Jose Mourinho's potential return to Stamford Bridge in a deal that is still far from being cut and dried

LET'S cut to the chase, because that is what the man in question would like to do. Jose Mourinho wants to be Chelsea manager again. His desire for this is so strong that he is even prepared to forsake Champions League football for the first time in 15 seasons should the club fail to qualify for it. But is the "Special Return" a done deal? Not yet.

Chelsea is the place, in the words of Mourinho, "where people love me to be". Its the place where supporters arrived at Thursdays Europa League semi-final carrying fanzines that declared their former leader "wanted...by popular demand" then taunted the unpopular incumbent with chants of "Joses coming home" during it.

It should be as simple a move to accomplish as the morning's front-page story announcing July 1 as Mourinhos day of return implied. The Portuguese coach is unhappy and unloved at Real Madrid. Chelsea have a vacancy and Mourinho is, by some margin, the best man to fill it. Yet it isn't that simple. Why?

Reason 1: Mourinhos contract at Madrid renewed last summer after a previous mid-season plan to depart the Bernabeu for the Premier League came to nought runs until 2016 and includes a £35m exit clause. Whether it is for the tactical purpose of extracting compensation from Roman Abramovich, or because they genuinely do not wish to lose the coach who dethroned Barcelona and took them to three straight Champions League semi-finals, Madrid have told Mourinho they want him to carry on.

Reason 2: The man Mourinho wants to employ him is the man who sacked him six years ago. When Abramovich had the opportunity to bring his most successful manager back last year, he preferred to court Pep Guardiola, leaving his PA the back-up task of setting out terms that included Chelsea dictating the make up of Mourinhos technical staff.

Mourinhos ideal scenario is for the Russian to grant him control of all football matters, in particular decisions on the recruitment and deployment of players. Abramovich, however, has increased his direct involvement in those areas throughout his decade-long ownership of the club and does not believe his strategy to have been a mistake.

The relationship between the pair is not in question. Though Mourinhos September 2007 dismissal was ugly, Abramovich soon made conciliatory moves, among them the gift of a limited-edition Ferrari. "Of course I still have it," said Mourinho of his 612 Scaglietti in 2010. "I will have it for ever."

The Portuguese regards Chelsea as "unfinished business". Such were the difficulties of managing a club where Andriy Shevchenko habitually complained to the owner about an array of imagined grievances and the captain was on a descent into self-obsession, the time was right to leave, but with an understanding that one day he would come back. Five major trophies in three full seasons (a tally that still accounts for more than half the Abramovich-era silverware) was not enough; Mourinho wants to add at least one Champions League.

The eagerness to return is such that he would do so even if Rafa Benitez fails to earn Chelsea a place in next season's competition. How much Mourinho may compromise on other parameters of the position is a point of interest.

One Chelsea technical director, Avram Grant, convinced Abramovich to give him Mourinhos job. Another, Frank Arnesen, became an enemy within, recommending and recruiting players Mourinho had no faith in. The current incumbent was elevated from coaching a girls team at Tucson Soccer Academy to Chelseas tactical scouting department because Grant required an ally at the training ground. After the Israeli managers own departure, Michael Emenalo made himself useful enough to Abramovich to be promoted to technical director. It is safe to conclude that Mourinho will not rush to seek the former Nigeria internationals input on transfers. It is telling that Emenalo has pushed Manuel Pellegrinis candidacy for the manager's job.

Mourinhos most important midfielder last time around, Frank Lampard, has been told that Abramovich will not offer him a new contract when his deal expires next month. Though his preference is for Lampard to remain, Mourinho will not make it a condition of his own return. And, having backed out of a promise to join the coach at Inter Milan in 2008, Lampard would not expect him to.

More important is the future of Fernando Torres, a striker who has outdone even Shevchenko in turning the owners record transfer-market investment into managerial hemlock. Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto Di Matteo and Benitez have all seen their employment prospects erased by bearing responsibility for the Spaniards own failings. Mourinho wants a centre-forward whose performance exceeds his price tag.

So Mourinho must negotiate a gentle exit from Madrid and a safe landing zone at Chelsea. While those close to him expect him to be at Stamford Bridge before the summer is out, they still will not exclude the possibility of him staying another year in Spain. A market for his services with the owners of Europes richest clubs offers both alternative options and a degree of leverage.

Whatever the ultimate outcome, Mourinhos family plan to move to a new central London home. His daughter is enrolled at a fine arts school, his son happy to continue his own education away from Madrid. With a second Copa del Rey to capture, and 125 wins with Madrid (more than at any of his previous clubs), their father is defending his record there to a press he says "hates" him.

"I think that when my work is valued in ways that are never absolute, always taking into consideration what I've achieved, its my fault for winning so much that the expectations are always higher than what you receive," said Mourinho last week. "The Liga of Records is mine. Youre going to try to erase it, but you wont succeed. We won a Copa del Rey after 20 years without winning, which you also can't erase. The Super Cup is small, but the three Champions League semi-finals, which didn't boost my ego and left me unsatisfied, shouldn't be easy and Ill explain why.

"Toshack, Di Stefano, Antic, Beenhakker, Benito Floro, Arsenio Iglesias, Capello, Heynckes, Hiddink, Del Bosque, Queiroz, Camacho, Garcia Remon, Luxemburgo, Lopez Caro, Capello again, Juande Ramos, Schuster and Pellegrini. Eighteen coaches in 21 years and five Champions League semi-finals. The terrible Mourinho got three Champions semi-finals in three years."

Maybe one day Madrid will want him back too."

I think with all the fences still needing to be jumped by Chelsea and Mourinho a cheeky approach by ourselves can't hurt.

Thing that concerns me a lot about Mancini is our record on the road over the past couple of seasons and his inability to find the winning formula at the same places like Brittania, Anfield, Goodison, Stadium of Light, Liberty Stadium and his poor record in Europe. You can definitely say that he has not got 100% out of this squad and the resources he has. At the same time though I would be fine with him staying, but if he is replaced than there really can't be many complaints.

Needs fucking sorting out this shit,who is in charge at city now,who ever it is they need to sort the press out.

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind

blueinsa said:
Fuck me, such is the desperation of the "Forza" brigade, now they can no longer blame Marwood, its all Txiki's fault lol

Txiki has a meeting with an agent and he is an idiot

Bob tells a packed news conference that he has had loads of offers from clubs and has spoken to Monaco and he is just being sensible and looking out for his own interests.

Far too many have really fallen in love with the scarf and its blinkered them to the realities of the situation and what actually happens in football.

2sREC.gif

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DXvgel8Wc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DXvgel8Wc</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.