Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

stony said:
dancity19 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Start to digest the prospect of both Mourinho and Falcao at Chelsea next season.

Mancini has found it hard enough maintaining the team's momentum dealing with United.

I fail to see how a third team in the equation increases the chances of us being successful.

Mourinho and Ferguson have this incredible mutual respect for each other, that they almost end up ganging up on other managers to see of the threat. They did it with Benitez when he was at Liverpool, constant jibes, until he eventually cracked.

I think Mancini does have the confidence to handle that though, and whilst he is incredibly hot headed and emotional with players (from what I see) and when it comes to handling the media, I think he is 'cool' enough to handle mind games from other managers.

It doesn't help when the constant jibes are from closer to home too. Some people are desperate for Mancini to be gone, no matter what it takes.
If Mancini is going to be here another year then everyone should get behind him.

I'm not entirely sure it matters, or if he would even be aware of what happens on an internet forum...??

OB1 said:
The Future's Blue said:
Are we suggesting that the board have got things wrong and that we should get Mourinho?
That would be my opinion. When we missed out on Pep, we should have moved heaven and earth to get Mourinho or Klopp.

Do I know better than Txiki etc? No but I do not think they are infallible. After much procrastination on my part, at the end of Hughes first season, I declared to the waiting public that he should go. City promptly announced that he was staying and I praised them for doing the honourable thing and got on with supporting the team; we know what happened six months later. The club made the wrong decision by keeping Hughes on and they could make a similar mistake.
There's nothing wrong with opinion mate and if we were to change manager then the 2 you've mentioned would be at the top of the shopping list.

I notice you say 'When we missed out on Pep' rather than 'if'. Is that a freudian slip or something you know as fact?

SilvaisSkyBlue said:
It is laughable that you are comparing Hughes the Manager to Mancini the Manager and then saying we could be making the same mistake by retaining Mancini.

Whatever you think of Mancini he is a winner and has shown that at every club he has been at as a Manager by actually winning Trophies at every one of them, Hughes has won nothing and will struggle to get a job now at a Championship club, their is no comparison.

And I think your response completely misses the point that I was making, given that I was not comparing Hughes' ability to Mancini's.

Try to understand the point that you are responding to before calling it laughable.

OB1 said:
SilvaisSkyBlue said:
It is laughable that you are comparing Hughes the Manager to Mancini the Manager and then saying we could be making the same mistake by retaining Mancini.

Whatever you think of Mancini he is a winner and has shown that at every club he has been at as a Manager by actually winning Trophies at every one of them, Hughes has won nothing and will struggle to get a job now at a Championship club, their is no comparison.

And I think your response completely misses the point that I was making, given that I was not comparing Hughes' ability to Mancini's.

Try to understand the point that you are responding to before calling it laughable.
To be fair to Hughes he's done quite well when money hasn't been involved. Blackburn and Fulham were relatively successful under his tenure but once he has to build a team from scratch he seems to get carried away.

The Future's Blue said:
OB1 said:
SilvaisSkyBlue said:

To be fair to Hughes he's done quite well when money hasn't been involved. Blackburn and Fulham were relatively successful under his tenure but once he has to build a team from scratch he seems to get carried away.

I think I did understand your point OB1 but you did use Hughes as the comparison that we could be keeping a Manager (Mancini) past his sell by date?
If that was the point then I used Hughes as the comparison to state that whatever you think are Mancini faults that he still has the habit of winning Trophies, anyway we all have our opinions and fair enough on yours.

Yeah, you make a good point that Hughes has been fairly good when working with low funds and has struggled when having to create a team, think though he will struggle to rebuild his reputation after QPR and may end up in the Championship/Division 1 to do so.

OB1 said:
That would be my opinion. When we missed out on Pep, we should have moved heaven and earth to get Mourinho or Klopp.
No, no, no my friend. Now you're just throwing some big names in the air without thinking about what you're saying. Let me explain; First you say we should have acquired Pep. Then you said we should have gone for Mou, big conflict there - big conflict of football phlosophy. We should first contemplate what sort of football do we want to play on the pitch. This comes first IMO, Even before man mangement, media, and mind game -skills.

I don't see Klopp leaving BvB yet and I think his next job will be the German national team so leaving him out from this point on.

As philosophies go, Pep and Mou are opposites. Now Mancini, he is most def closer to Pep. So if you wanted Pep, you'll probably want Mancini to stay. Though Mancini is of course considerably weaker than Pep in many areas. Like setting up the team to press after loss of posession. Sure City do press, but more individually (like Kun or Tevez) Peps Barca did it more collectively. Second signicant area is pace of posession play and even better movement of players off the ball. Sure Mancini has strenghts against him like man management. OK, Roberto could have done better with Tevez, Mario. But still better than Pep who couldn't handle one Ibra. Sure he will have a merry time with Robben and Ribery @ Bayern. They both share a weakness though. Inability to react in game when the opposite manager has deviced something that is better than what they originally had planned. Mou has the edge on both of these guys on this. Surprisingly Klopp seems to be a man that Mou has no answer to. Not even on the third time asking. This must eat away at the "special one" greatly Ahh but I'm ranting now...

I never wanted Pep. He is too big of a risk. We don't know about his adaptabily. For all his skill he might have been leaning heavily on the feeling of 'home' which Barcelona is to him. And the goody good school boy attitude within the La Masia breed squad led by Messi. But I guess we'll see how he does in Germany.

I for one would kill for City to play some Mou-ball especially in away games. Let the opponent have the ball - Let the a*holes think they have a shot and when they push up the field take the ball away and crush them with the pace that we have. That's what Mou does so well it makes me want to cry. RMA did it brilliantly against Athetic Bilbao a couple of weeks ago in La Liga

Sure he is an a*hole himself, but hey for the good of the club. The only big problem I see with Mou is that eventhough he is a good "player's manager" and most players like him. If some experienced player would really stand against him he'll be like "get the f out of here" and it will stay that way. Just like what he did to Iker. It does not seem like Mou intends to forgive before he leaves.

Sorry if my English was a bit stiff (not native speaker) And sorry if I wandered too much talking about other clubs.

And hello to the forums! Hope I won't be making too many enemies not being a huge fan of some aspects in Mancini's management. Peace

- Kijin

Txiki spotted with Pellegrini's agent Jesús Martínez in Spain today according to the AS newspaper.

SilvaisSkyBlue said:
I think I did understand your point OB1 but you did use Hughes as the comparison that we could be keeping a Manager (Mancini) past his sell by date?
If that was the point then I used Hughes as the comparison to state that whatever you think are Mancini faults that he still has the habit of winning Trophies, anyway we all have our opinions and fair enough on yours.

Have you been following the various Mancini threads? The debate bout Mancini's sell by date has raged on and on and the arguments on both sides are well rehearesed. My point here was not about arguing the case for it being time for Mancini to go but that there is no guarantee that the club will make the right decision in that regard and that they might give too much weight to doing the honourable thing.

Mancini is a winner and a vastly superior manager to Hughes but what worries some of us is how he compares to Mou and SAF, both of whom may be combatnats next season.

LoveCity said:
Txiki spotted with Pellegrini's agent Jesús Martínez in Spain today according to the AS newspaper.

Yep. from As

<a class="postlink" href="http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/04/29/primera/1367250266_461417.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/04/29/ ... 61417.html</a>

Txiki Begiristain and Pellegrini agent meet in Madrid
The sporting director Jesus Martinez City and had lunch at a downtown restaurant in Madrid. Txiki already wanted for the club when directed to Villarreal.

Txiki Begiristain, manager of Manchester City, met Monday in Madrid with Manuel Pellegrini's agent, Jesus Martinez, to negotiate his possible move to the City. Pellegrini, coach has always been the taste of Begiristain, I already wanted to sign for Barcelona when he entered the Chilean Villarreal, has a contract with Malaga but the same agent, Jesus Martinez, has admitted in recent days the future of coach is uncertain.

Begiristain and Pellegrini agent have been at a downtown restaurant in Madrid. Now, is the favorite to replace Mancini, whose future leaks despite published this weekend around an Italian continuity is uncertain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.