Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Kijin said:
OB1 said:
That would be my opinion. When we missed out on Pep, we should have moved heaven and earth to get Mourinho or Klopp.
No, no, no my friend. Now you're just throwing some big names in the air without thinking about what you're saying. Let me explain; First you say we should have acquired Pep. Then you said we should have gone for Mou, big conflict there - big conflict of football phlosophy. We should first contemplate what sort of football do we want to play on the pitch. This comes first IMO, Even before man mangement, media, and mind game -skills.

I don't see Klopp leaving BvB yet and I think his next job will be the German national team so leaving him out from this point on.

As philosophies go, Pep and Mou are opposites. Now Mancini, he is most def closer to Pep. So if you wanted Pep, you'll probably want Mancini to stay. Though Mancini is of course considerably weaker than Pep in many areas. Like setting up the team to press after loss of posession. Sure City do press, but more individually (like Kun or Tevez) Peps Barca did it more collectively. Second signicant area is pace of posession play and even better movement of players off the ball. Sure Mancini has strenghts against him like man management. OK, Roberto could have done better with Tevez, Mario. But still better than Pep who couldn't handle one Ibra. Sure he will have a merry time with Robben and Ribery @ Bayern. They both share a weakness though. Inability to react in game when the opposite manager has deviced something that is better than what they originally had planned. Mou has the edge on both of these guys on this. Surprisingly Klopp seems to be a man that Mou has no answer to. Not even on the third time asking. This must eat away at the "special one" greatly Ahh but I'm ranting now...

I never wanted Pep. He is too big of a risk. We don't know about his adaptabily. For all his skill he might have been leaning heavily on the feeling of 'home' which Barcelona is to him. And the goody good school boy attitude within the La Masia breed squad led by Messi. But I guess we'll see how he does in Germany.

I for one would kill for City to play some Mou-ball especially in away games. Let the opponent have the ball - Let the a*holes think they have a shot and when they push up the field take the ball away and crush them with the pace that we have. That's what Mou does so well it makes me want to cry. RMA did it brilliantly against Athetic Bilbao a couple of weeks ago in La Liga

Sure he is an a*hole himself, but hey for the good of the club. The only big problem I see with Mou is that eventhough he is a good "player's manager" and most players like him. If some experienced player would really stand against him he'll be like "get the f out of here" and it will stay that way. Just like what he did to Iker. It does not seem like Mou intends to forgive before he leaves.

Sorry if my English was a bit stiff (not native speaker) And sorry if I wandered too much talking about other clubs.

And hello to the forums! Hope I won't be making too many enemies not being a huge fan of some aspects in Mancini's management. Peace

- Kijin

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the post. There is some well-considered stuff here, you are obviously a student of the game.

Whether you disect Mancini's performance as a manager or not, whether you like him or not, I believe there is a bigger criteria: I desperately want to see continuity at City. I believe Mancini is good enough, but more importantly, is intelligent enough to continue learning. Compared to the one we have to beat above all else, SAF, he is a novice. SAF doesn't get everything right, his man management has been fallible at times. We have Mancini, and I would love for him to be a part of the legacy that Sheik Mansour is looking to build for a good number of years. The man's got class, and I believe he's got us playing the best football in the prem, at least most of the time. Some of you should be careful what you wish for because ANY move towards a new manager could be a destabilising influence.

LoveCity said:
OB1 said:
LoveCity said:
Txiki spotted with Pellegrini's agent Jesús Martínez in Spain today according to the AS newspaper.

That does not give me a warm glow.

Remember that Pellegrini was one already infamous offside decision away from taking a squad about on par with a 9th or 10th placed Premier League team to the CL semi finals ahead of Jurgen Klopp's team. :)

I think Pellegrini will be fantastic in his next (big) job, whether it's with us, Chelsea, Barcelona, or Roma (four jobs he is linked with).

Actually, I disagree about the first bit as I thought one of Malaga's goals was offside.

MP is obviously a good manager but I'm still nervous about the fact that he has won nothing during his time in Europe and he's older than I would ideally like for our next manager (although I admit that there are older managers I would be quite open to, such as Wenger, Heynckes).

I know he got a fabulous points haul at Madrid but I'm not sure he did the best possible job there.

And, frankly, the Force just doesn't feel strong enough with him (i.e. something just doesn't grab me about him).

Forza Mancini all u want our mgmt are keeping their options open and this latest meeting today only confirms that. The only other thing they could have maybe been talking about is Rodriguez whose been very good at Porto who will want at least £20m for him

cmdub said:
Forza Mancini all u want our mgmt are keeping their options open and this latest meeting today only confirms that. The only other thing they could have maybe been talking about is Rodriguez whose been very good at Porto who will want at least £20m for him

Are you ITK

EddieR said:
Some of you should be careful what you wish for because ANY move towards a new manager could be a destabilising influence.
You're right about this my friend. The more the new manager's idea differs from the last one's the bigger the risk.

I'm not too sure about Pellegrini. What type of a persen is he? Seems very impassive on the bench during matches. We of course cannot know what he is like in the dressing room. His Malaga relied/s heavily on Isco and experienced players like Joaquin and Julio Baptista. I think a more relevant point of view might be his time at the Bernabeu. Does anyone remember what sort of football he implemented? I'm at a loss.

EddieR said:
Kijin said:
OB1 said:
That would be my opinion. When we missed out on Pep, we should have moved heaven and earth to get Mourinho or Klopp.
No, no, no my friend. Now you're just throwing some big names in the air without thinking about what you're saying. Let me explain; First you say we should have acquired Pep. Then you said we should have gone for Mou, big conflict there - big conflict of football phlosophy. We should first contemplate what sort of football do we want to play on the pitch. This comes first IMO, Even before man mangement, media, and mind game -skills.

I don't see Klopp leaving BvB yet and I think his next job will be the German national team so leaving him out from this point on.

As philosophies go, Pep and Mou are opposites. Now Mancini, he is most def closer to Pep. So if you wanted Pep, you'll probably want Mancini to stay. Though Mancini is of course considerably weaker than Pep in many areas. Like setting up the team to press after loss of posession. Sure City do press, but more individually (like Kun or Tevez) Peps Barca did it more collectively. Second signicant area is pace of posession play and even better movement of players off the ball. Sure Mancini has strenghts against him like man management. OK, Roberto could have done better with Tevez, Mario. But still better than Pep who couldn't handle one Ibra. Sure he will have a merry time with Robben and Ribery @ Bayern. They both share a weakness though. Inability to react in game when the opposite manager has deviced something that is better than what they originally had planned. Mou has the edge on both of these guys on this. Surprisingly Klopp seems to be a man that Mou has no answer to. Not even on the third time asking. This must eat away at the "special one" greatly Ahh but I'm ranting now...

I never wanted Pep. He is too big of a risk. We don't know about his adaptabily. For all his skill he might have been leaning heavily on the feeling of 'home' which Barcelona is to him. And the goody good school boy attitude within the La Masia breed squad led by Messi. But I guess we'll see how he does in Germany.

I for one would kill for City to play some Mou-ball especially in away games. Let the opponent have the ball - Let the a*holes think they have a shot and when they push up the field take the ball away and crush them with the pace that we have. That's what Mou does so well it makes me want to cry. RMA did it brilliantly against Athetic Bilbao a couple of weeks ago in La Liga

Sure he is an a*hole himself, but hey for the good of the club. The only big problem I see with Mou is that eventhough he is a good "player's manager" and most players like him. If some experienced player would really stand against him he'll be like "get the f out of here" and it will stay that way. Just like what he did to Iker. It does not seem like Mou intends to forgive before he leaves.

Sorry if my English was a bit stiff (not native speaker) And sorry if I wandered too much talking about other clubs.

And hello to the forums! Hope I won't be making too many enemies not being a huge fan of some aspects in Mancini's management. Peace

- Kijin

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the post. There is some well-considered stuff here, you are obviously a student of the game.

Whether you disect Mancini's performance as a manager or not, whether you like him or not, I believe there is a bigger criteria: I desperately want to see continuity at City. I believe Mancini is good enough, but more importantly, is intelligent enough to continue learning. Compared to the one we have to beat above all else, SAF, he is a novice. SAF doesn't get everything right, his man management has been fallible at times. We have Mancini, and I would love for him to be a part of the legacy that Sheik Mansour is looking to build for a good number of years. The man's got class, and I believe he's got us playing the best football in the prem, at least most of the time. Some of you should be careful what you wish for because ANY move towards a new manager could be a destabilising influence.
I couldnt agree more!
you cant win the league every year. not with all the injuries we have had.
we still have taken the most points out of the top five clubs.
We still have the best defence.
and we will probably reach 80+ points and the FA cup
and when listen to Mancini in interviews he knoww where we have failed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.