Why we should believe we can win the title

Celtic Pete said:
"The more people talk about 'gelling', the more it becomes a perceived obstacle. If it's about 'gelling', then we should have stuck with the team from last season, maybe added one, and said to Mancini, - the target is 4th. Because it was achievable."

A-ha...BINGO.

Most teams that win the league or become successful are built over a few years..The rags, Barcelona, Spain, Germany. Do you see a pattern? You can't just replace the first team every summer and think you've cracked it. It's a process that takes years. Before Barcelona and the rags won the Champions league they reached the semi's the year before, and they both did the same with the league titles, through a process of trial and error, being able to build consistency over a period of time.

The only manager who was able to gel a team of new signings over a period of two seasons was Mourinho at Chelsea, and the majority of that team are still together. Now, I like Bobby Manc as much as the next man, but he aint Mourinho, and Yaya Toure isn't Michael Essien and Tevez isn't Drogba.....

We should have built our team around core players like Stephen Ireland and Richard Dunne and then added quality strikers, wingers and fullbacks where required. That's what all the best teams do, cause if you loose your heart you're finished. When the muck and bullets are flying, where was Robinho? Is Ballotelli going to be any different? I don't mean to rain on your trophy parade, but Ireland + cash for James f**king Milner? MON must be laughing his bollocks of. I don't rate him one bit. If he comes he comes...meh

Ah I understand your point now. So you think we have signed too many players?

fbloke said:
Gio, its nice to see you helping out with my 'Believe' campaign ;-)

I have been saying for ages that City can achieve anything with the players, manager and owner in place.

I also started a thread last season about City fans perhaps (warning, this is a generalisation) being the weak link because we, as a supporting mass havent been close to greatness for so long (or at all) that we are out of the habit of believing we can do ut.

Its also a typical line of self-deprecation and humour that makes a City fan a City fan, however there are times at which we should put that to one side and BELIEVE!.

Are some people afraid to start believing in case we don't do ut? I think they are.

But its better to BELIEVE it possible and strive for that success than accept that something is beyond you and therefore not try.

We have a manager, players, coaches, owners, marketing men, tea ladies and web designers who believe and yet we have the entrenched fans attitude of 'maybe next year'.

Well folks this year is last years next year, and guess what CITY ARE GOING FOR THE TITLE AND NOT 4TH PLACE!

It seems the only people who dont believe are some of the fans.

I BELIEVE!

(and yes DD before you start I know! But I still Believe ;-) )

Are you a rag, or just lacking in imagination? Have you not seen the rags 'believe' campaign that has been going on for the last 3 years. They even have it on the inside of their new kit. It's the wankiest thing evoh. Is this a wind up?

Have we not been told to "adopt a winning mentality" and is this not what we are doing, so therefore be positive fellow blues and lets win that title. CTID

Celtic Pete said:
fbloke said:

I have been saying for ages that City can achieve anything with the players, manager and owner in place.

I also started a thread last season about City fans perhaps (warning, this is a generalisation) being the weak link because we, as a supporting mass havent been close to greatness for so long (or at all) that we are out of the habit of believing we can do ut.

Its also a typical line of self-deprecation and humour that makes a City fan a City fan, however there are times at which we should put that to one side and BELIEVE!.

Are some people afraid to start believing in case we don't do ut? I think they are.

But its better to BELIEVE it possible and strive for that success than accept that something is beyond you and therefore not try.

We have a manager, players, coaches, owners, marketing men, tea ladies and web designers who believe and yet we have the entrenched fans attitude of 'maybe next year'.

Well folks this year is last years next year, and guess what CITY ARE GOING FOR THE TITLE AND NOT 4TH PLACE!

I BELIEVE!

Are you a rag, or just lacking in imagination? Have you not seen the rags 'believe' campaign that has been going on for the last 3 years. They even have it on the inside of their new kit. It's the wankiest thing evoh. Is this a wind up?

9 posts, and you're dishing out insults? I suggest you wind that Celtic neck in pal...your contribution to this thread btw, stinks to high heaven and back of ragginess...

Celtic Pete said:
"The more people talk about 'gelling', the more it becomes a perceived obstacle. If it's about 'gelling', then we should have stuck with the team from last season, maybe added one, and said to Mancini, - the target is 4th. Because it was achievable."

A-ha...BINGO.

Most teams that win the league or become successful are built over a few years..The rags, Barcelona, Spain, Germany. Do you see a pattern? You can't just replace the first team every summer and think you've cracked it. It's a process that takes years. Before Barcelona and the rags won the Champions league they reached the semi's the year before, and they both did the same with the league titles, through a process of trial and error, being able to build consistency over a period of time.

The only manager who was able to gel a team of new signings over a period of two seasons was Mourinho at Chelsea, and the majority of that team are still together. Now, I like Bobby Manc as much as the next man, but he aint Mourinho, and Yaya Toure isn't Michael Essien and Tevez isn't Drogba.....

We should have built our team around core players like Stephen Ireland and Richard Dunne and then added quality strikers, wingers and fullbacks where required. That's what all the best teams do, cause if you loose your heart you're finished. When the muck and bullets are flying, where was Robinho? Is Ballotelli going to be any different? I don't mean to rain on your trophy parade, but Ireland + cash for James f**king Milner? MON must be laughing his bollocks of. I don't rate him one bit. If he comes he comes...meh

bridge is good , no fcuk it we have to get kolarov ... ah shit we have to gel again .toure(lescott?) looks rock solid , are you serious we need to get someone like boateng but oh shit we have to gel again so drop it.

ohh and sorry to break your bubble , drogba isnt tevez .

Celtic Pete said:
fbloke said:

I BELIEVE!

And the award for today's most blatant "undercover" gloryhunter goes to....

Funnily enough I knew nowt about United's believe campaign.

But it certainly means that City should do the same because it seems to have worked for them dont you think?

As for me being a rag, well the one or two posts I have to my record probably suggest not.

Rammyblues said:
I believe. But there again I also believe we will get beat on saturday.

....let's hope the team don't share your positive mental attitude... (though appreciate the thoughts - I'm crapping it about saturday but just may be this time it really is going to be different!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.