Why we will win the league!

I'm hoping that Wolves lose to Watford in the cup for the sole reason that they may need to focus on finishing seventh if they want Europa League football next season (that's them assuming we'll win the FA Cup). Then they can go all out against Liverpool on the final day of the season.
Yep, that's how I look at it.

Just one draw for Liverpool will be good enough for us.

The margin for error of losing one game on our side is realistic.

Another worthy point is that some of the teams we face will actually have to come at us, rather than defending deep.

Spurs, United, Burnley and Brighton may all have something to play for, which suits us down to the ground.

Palace, because of their low block and full backs doubling up on our wide men, and Leicester due to their pace on the counter, could be the most difficult to overcome.

Don't want to see Mahrez starting any game really.[/QUOTE

Why do you think Mahrez has struggled so much TH?
This is our record signing after all?

Just one draw for Liverpool will be good enough for us.

The margin for error of losing one game on our side is realistic.
Agree, I think it has to be in their next two though. Wins against Southampton and Chelsea would start to tip the balance in their favour.

Having said that, if we win our next three against Palace, United and Spurs then we are in a very commanding position.

Whichever way it goes it's going to be so tight.

If football always went to the form book, there'd be millions of people winning (about 20p) every week on the pools. No one predicted City losing at home to Crystal Palace, so I don't see that much point looking at Liverpool's fixtures (or City's for that matter) and assuming easy victories. And especially with a title at stake, funny things happen - like United throwing it away against Everton, Liverpool ballsing up a 3-0 lead over Palace, Spurs being Spursy, City somehow making a right mess of a routine home game against QPR (for 93 minutes anyway).

Liverpool have six big games, so do City. The only thing that would shock me is if one or both clubs won them all.

I predict a couple of twists yet. A lot are talking about us both winning all are games or there abouts and I can’t see that happening. We should know from our two run ins in 2012 & 2014 that when the pressure is on there is no easy game.
Look in 2012 when United got beat at Wigan then drew at home to Everton.
2014 when Liverpool had those games against Chelsea and palace.
Our QPR game!!

I think we will both drop points, Hopefully we can afford to lose one!!

I predict a couple of twists yet. A lot are talking about us both winning all are games or there abouts and I can’t see that happening. We should know from our two run ins in 2012 & 2014 that when the pressure is on there is no easy game.
Look in 2012 when United got beat at Wigan then drew at home to Everton.
2014 when Liverpool had those games against Chelsea and palace.
Our QPR game!!

I think we will both drop points, Hopefully we can afford to lose one!!
Let's hope that if we do lose one it's after they have screwed up somewhere.... VvD has an ego big enough to carry the rest of the team if they get back in front and they have the luck of the Irish it seems...

Only one team to stop City winning the League and that is City themselves.
Just look at the last two games they just seem to be wasting a lot of chances could and should have won both by at least four

I'm hoping that Wolves lose to Watford in the cup for the sole reason that they may need to focus on finishing seventh if they want Europa League football next season (that's them assuming we'll win the FA Cup). Then they can go all out against Liverpool on the final day of the season.
I was saying this to the guys around me last night irrelevant of Watford perhaps being an easier final opponent IF we get there the last thing we want is a Wolves reserve side in the last league game.

To remove the partisan element of trying to predict the winner, try this. (Liverpool fans could try it as well).

If you were offered a special one-off £1 bet with life-changing odds, say a million to one, would you put your pound on City or Liverpool?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.