Why we will win the league!

Palace away and Burnley away are potential banana skins
All remaining games are banana skins really. I think 14 points would be a good return. Assuming we still have a goals advantage the Dippers would need five wins and a draw to claim the title. That will be a big ask should they also have to fit in 4 CL games over the next month.

All remaining games are banana skins really. I think 14 points would be a good return. Assuming we still have a goals advantage the Dippers would need five wins and a draw to claim the title. That will be a big ask should they also have to fit in 4 CL games over the next month.

I have been wrong every step of the during this season as far as who will be champions is concerned but my one last prediction is that they will win every game - Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson could not have picked a better fixture list:

Southampton away - I would be very surprised if Liverpool don't score 3. We could have had 6 in the first half
Chelsea at home - Whilst I can't see them matching our result V Chelsea, I don't think Chelsea have the minerals of old to go there and get anything
Cardiff away - Cardiff are shit
Huddersfield at home - See Cardiff
Newcastle away - Newcastle will be on the beach
Wolves at home - Wolves, in all likelihood, will be preparing for a cup final and will be resting players/trying to avoid injury

Just one draw for Liverpool will be good enough for us.

The margin for error of losing one game on our side is realistic.

Another worthy point is that some of the teams we face will actually have to come at us, rather than defending deep.

Spurs, United, Burnley and Brighton may all have something to play for, which suits us down to the ground.

Palace, because of their low block and full backs doubling up on our wide men, and Leicester due to their pace on the counter, could be the most difficult to overcome.

Don't want to see Mahrez starting any game really.

I have been wrong every step of the during this season as far as who will be champions is concerned but my one last prediction is that they will win every game - Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson could not have picked a better fixture list:

Southampton away - I would be very surprised if Liverpool don't score 3. We could have had 6 in the first half
Chelsea at home - Whilst I can't see them matching our result V Chelsea, I don't think Chelsea have the minerals of old to go there and get anything
Wolves at home - Wolves, in all likelihood, will be preparing for a cup final and will be resting players/trying to avoid injury

Chelsea have already won at Klanfield this season in the Cup.

Southampton are playing well now that they understand what their manager wants from them
Chelsea are fighting for a champs league place and have the players to hurt anyone
Cardiff will be fighting for their Premier League lives and will have their supporters right behind them
Huddersfield should be a walkover
Newcastle will make it tough. Benitez will do his park the bus shit and play on the break
If Wolves are in the cup final, that's a week later and this game gives them a real opportunity of testing cup final tactics (if they're playing us)

As for our supposed toughest games
Palace have a free hit at us as do Leicester which plays into our hands
Spurs and United both need the three points, so again that suits us

I'm hoping that Wolves lose to Watford in the cup for the sole reason that they may need to focus on finishing seventh if they want Europa League football next season (that's them assuming we'll win the FA Cup). Then they can go all out against Liverpool on the final day of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.