Why we will win the league!

Look I understand, when you are in a title fight against a team who seem to consistently pick up points when not at their best the majority of times. it can often 'seem' like its meant to be for them. The pessimistic view takes over and you start looking at things from their point of view and what way they can drop points to help calm any fears. But what also happen is that pessimistic view also overshadows how you view your own club's achievements/prospects so I will try to bring a different perspective in keeping with the thread title.

Since the turn of the year, where the true test of a squads mentality and depth comes to play, one team that was trailing in the league by 7 points and were coming into the new year off the back of 3 defeats in 5 games, then went on to win 20 of their next 21 games in all competitions conceding just 10 goals and losing just the 1. Among those 20 wins includes a 9-1 aggregate victories against arsenal and chelsea, wins where they've fought back and won twice. once from being a man down and the other being 2 goals down. A run which has resulted in a cup and set them in prime position for three others and just a point behind in the league with a game in hand.

Compared to another team who were 7 points ahead going into the new year, were coming into it on the back of a 9 game winning run, and in the following 16 games in all competitions have won 9, drawn 5 and lost 2 conceding 14 goals. A run which have left them fighting only on 2 fronts with just a slender point lead in the league having played a game more.

You look at those two scenarios objectively and even including some of the shoddy last minute wins from liverpool, who do you seriously think will feel more motivated and in control going into the final stretch of the season. Honestly how anyone can look at what this team has done since the turn on the year and feel anything other than optimism and faith in these group of players and manager going into the final stretch is a bit difficult to grasp for me. Of course anything can happen, form can often go out the window but again that is the pessimistic view based on nothing. I can promise you the most important thing for the players right now is not even what liverpool are doing but rather them getting into another final and being on the brink of another trophy as should be of the fans. The league games will come and focus will be reassigned but these are a highly motivated squad of players and manager whom from everything they have achieved so far this season, you could have nothing but faith in them getting the job done and I for once never thought they couldn't even when they were 7 points behind. In fact I would've had that view even if they were a point behind without the game in hand with the 5/6 games to go let alone one where its all still in their control.

So in conclusion relax, don't stress too much about what liverpool do as hard as it might be, this is a team that have higher aspirations than just winning the league alone and they have proven if not last season then certainly this season since the start of the year that not only are they blessed with quality but have the desire and mentality to turn it up when the pressure gets higher. With the likes of de-bruyne and fernandinho back to fitness its perfectly set up for something unprecedented being achieved this season and I have all the faith that they will see it through.
Yep you have the upper have mate.. But... Sh!t happens... Who'd have thought you'd drop points to Newcastle and Palace..? Straight up take my hat off to you off you win your remaining six games (you are more than capable) but equally I will be ecstatic if we best you to the title as you are undoubtedly the best side in Premier League history...

Just going off their goal celebrations and some of Klopp's comments lately, they look as if they're carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. That gives me hope that they'll implode in these last few games.
Agree not at our best... But keep winning... Enjoy the run in fella ;-)

No it isn’t unfeasible. But it proves the point I am making. To sweepingly say it’s ok, we will win our last 6 games as many are claiming is just ridiculous. We’ve got 2 really tough games - Spurs and Utd. The sort of games we’d expect Liverpool to drop points in. So yes it is flippant to just say that we we will win all of our games. We will most likely need a favour which it doesn’t look like we will get.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s a given that we’ll definitely win our remaining games. But only a few months ago, it looked like we could be 10 points behind Liverpool. We’ve since won eight on the bounce, and the title is in our own hands. That’s more than we could’ve possibly hoped for after the defeat at Newcastle. If Liverpool keep winning then fair play to them, nothing we can do about that so
little point in moaning about. Just got to focus on winning our games.

If you can’t understand why people say “Liverpool” have been lucky then you’re deluded. People don’t say Liverpool are not a good team, they are. Keepers knocking it on to their players, pushing over yours for no reason and pushing the ball in to the net... that’s lucky.

If city had been getting that shit as well then fair enough you can say luck hasn’t been involved, but the point it is has. Liverpool aren’t as good as city, every non bias Liverpool fan would admit that, they’re competing at the top with them due to abnormal luck. To be fair, this city side is probably the best ever in the PL, this Liverpool but wouldn’t be in that argument.

Whatever mate. If Liverpool finish above 90+ points I fail to see how anyone can call it lucky, no other team in prem history will have finished 2nd on 90+ points, we have played very well this season, if we do and you win it fair enough, you will have deserved it and most Liverpool fans I k ow will applaud it.

Regards ‘the title race’ thread, is it still available?

Wel
It’s a great race. Regardless of what you guys say regarding luck no team finishing 2nd has hit 90 points+ and you don’t do that being lucky. If we lose to you then it will be deserved as you have been fantastic. If we win then it will be historic as we will have beaten the best team performance in PL history. May the best man win.

By the way, what has happended to the ‘title race’ thread. Very much enjoyed reading it
Well said fella ;-)

We will have more ball possession than our opponents in each of our last 6 games.

We will likely have more chances than our opponents in our last 6 games.

If we put those away, we will win the league. It's as simple as that. It's up to us and nobody else. We have it in us to win them all.

Yep you have the upper have mate.. But... Sh!t happens... Who'd have thought you'd drop points to Newcastle and Palace..? Straight up take my hat off to you off you win your remaining six games (you are more than capable) but equally I will be ecstatic if we best you to the title as you are undoubtedly the best side in Premier League history...

You fuckers let a 9 point lead slip, so no need to get all sarky.

You aren’t allowed to be a realist and say we won’t beat Spurs or Utd. We might. But it’s a big ask. Instead we are only allowed to say ‘of course we’ll beat everyone else’. Well bollox. We will need a favour from somewhere. And that’s becoming increasingly unlikely.

Not sure it’s being “a realist” to say we won’t beat Spurs or Utd tbh. We may not win all of our remaining games, of course, but there are still plenty of grounds for optimism given the team and manager we have. The bookies certainly think we’re the clear favourites, even after Liverpool’s last two wins.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.