Why we will win the league!

I said on this thread something like that the winners will only need 90 points. Shows what I know, fuck all!

I said to the guy sitting next to me at the Liverpool game a few times to look at Klopp, he was going crazy on the sideline ... waving and jumping and yelling and calling out his players and almost tearing his hair out ... which to me said his players weren’t doing what he had asked them to, they were a little in the not-lose mode ... but then with his team selection he himself had set that tone that day ... a team had a chance to go 10 pts clear by being positive and going for the win, but they came wanting to not lose and protect the 7pt lead they had ...

They could’ve gone 10 clear and they didn’t ... today I have seen exactly the same ... they had a chance to go 7 clear and they couldn’t yet again ...

Difference between being 5 pts and 7 pts ahead is huge at this stage of the season ... 5 pts means only two results swap our position with them ... a game lost and one drawn more than us and we finish ahead of them (on goal diff) ... 7 pts however would have meant 3 games needed swinging our way out of the only 14 left ...

I said this on that first Thursday in January, that we’d win this league because they will bottle it and shit themselves come the business end of the season ... and I say exactly that again tonight ...

Now watch us win the next three ... on paper they all look tough but Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea (seen them tonight?) are all right in the form we’d like them to be in ... so c’mon City - let’s do this!
Great post.......

Reactions: MAG
Alright Sky Blues, Evertonian here in complete peace

Just wanted to say thank you and you're welcome!

Thank you for saving the footballing world (for at least a few weeks) from having to put up with our red neighbours being even more insufferable than usual.

And you're welcome for the 2pts we kept from them at Goodison which put the title race back in your hands - which you took advantage of in incredibly impressive fashion. Pickford made up for his...moment... at Anfield with a 90th min save from Salah.

Lime Street Station was fun yesterday by the way:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hahaha......love it.

Since the inception of this thread I hadn't dared to open it let alone read it (must not tempt fate must not tempt fate must not tempt fate) but found myself needing to see and read the thread title everytime I opened up BM, it became my little comfort blanket of hope and belief, I've now read the OP and it rings true to the way I've seen this season pan out over the the last few months with the gurning twat leading his team with emotion and soundbites instead of pragmatism and football nous, well done @mag for having the balls to put it in words all those months ago.

Fair fucks to you mate, I was done after that Newcastle game.

Me too. I honestly thought we'd blown it that night and felt that we had to win every remaining game and even that might not be enough as I couldn't see Liverpool dropping 8 points. When you look at how poor we were in that Newcastle game, it's astonishing that we won the last 14 games on the bounce

Think I remember Carragher saying something like 'maybe chasing will suit Liverpool' and I thought it was bonkers then and it sounds even worse now. Having it in your own hands, always and forever.

Forget goal line clearances or missed penalties or even the head to head: they should have gone for it against United away. A win there and they would have won the league and a loss there and they would have missed out by 2 points.

Good to see United had one use this season! Their last dropped points were at Everton too! Think they were slightly pleased by our win judging by their celebrations yesterday! One lad even had a city flag on the concourse.

Good to see United had one use this season! Their last dropped points were at Everton too! Think they were slightly pleased by our win judging by their celebrations yesterday! One lad even had a city flag on the concourse.

The Everton lads singing Liverpool fans on their trains out of Liverpool last night is very petty and very funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.