Why Would you Vote Tory ?

KpxSte said:
Skashion said:
Yeah, because taxation and spending can logically be separated... Merely pointing out that Labour's reckless overspend has led to recession? Ok, merely explain that to me. How?

I cant explain it, it was obviously "a slip of the tongue" so I'll retract the "recession" part. Debt still stands though.

Im obviously no expert, not even close so if you start spouting all that political bollox, I'll have to bow out.

I'm basically "a hard worker who pays their taxes and doesn't break the law". Cameron says he's going to stand for people like me so I'll see what he says and then decide whether I believe him or not. I won't however listen to Labours lies and scaremongering, using bad memories of 20-30 years ago to justify keeping them in power.

Yes, Labour overspending has led to rising debt. My answer to that is they should have adjusted taxes so that the majority of hard working people will pay less but spending would remain unchanged and wouldn't increase debt. For the past thirty years the tax burden has increasingly been put on the average working person. It has come to the point where a large corporation pays far less tax (as a percentage of course) than people in the lowest income bracket, and where multi-millionaire/billionaire 'non-doms' who spend most of their time in this country, pay a pittance. However, this is not all Labour's fault. This is the world of quicksilver capital, of transnational corporations, of subsidiaries in tax havens etc. This is a world which Labour has blissfully ignored despite Brown's claims. So Labour should shoulder responsibility for that at least, but at its heart is capitalist globalisation - something far bigger than a national political party. It's also pretty much undeniable that the tories would have been even worse. Anyways, back to spending. I also think this Labour government has been disgustingly wasteful and could have done a lot more good with the same or less money. Read Private Eye for details on that.

I would vote for any party who would imprison any person found guilty of not picking dog c..p up when they foul on the pavements! Dirty horrible people who leave it disgust me:@

all you trying to invent a labour overspending myth ,don't you realise they're trying to give us back the money stolen from us by greedy banks and tory thieves

Labour does not overspend

I will vote Conservative on 6th May to get rid of this joke of a labour government

kronkonite said:
all you trying to invent a labour overspending myth ,don't you realise they're trying to give us back the money stolen from us by greedy banks and tory thieves

Labour does not overspend

It does, by virtue of the fact that spending exceeded tax revenue and therefore had to borrow to do so, thus increasing national debt.

it doesn't by virtue of the fact that it doesn't collect enough in taxes

and imports fucking shite that no one wants

how come there used to be student grants?

income related benefits?

kronkonite said:
it doesn't by virtue of the fact that it doesn't collect enough in taxes

and imports fucking shite that no one wants

how come there used to be student grants?

income related benefits?

That's a subjective argument and one where I agree with you. I have sympathy with the government though, because, contrary to what some people appear to suggest, Britain's economy does not exist in a vacuum which only the government can influence. If Labour just suddenly decided corporation tax is going to be 70% then virtually no transnational company would invest in Britain and therefore whilst the government would be collecting 70% it would be collecting 70% of pretty much nothing. There would also be higher unemployment and so less income tax revenue. It's a fucking tightrope really. There's still room for manoeuvre but it's very very difficult. That situation won't change unless there is serious multilateral action by the world's biggest economies. They have to cooperate for their own interests against the interests of capital. Capital has been winning the battle for the past thirty years. In fact, winning the battle doesn't even come close to describing the situation. There has been the panic-stricken retreat of the state and innumerable turncoats in government eager to serve their interests to the point where it is simply collusion.

However, factually, has this government overspent? Yes, because even though you and I may subjectively believe that the government should collect more taxes, it hasn't, and has had to borrow money to sustain its spending levels. That is a fact which cannot be disputed by a subjective argument.

Why did we once have student grants? Far less people went to university then. Student grants were easier to fund as a result. Could we return to that point? Possibly. I don't know what would be the point though. There aren't enough graduate jobs as it is. It isn't necessary for 50% of the population to go to university.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.