Why Would you Vote Tory ?

denislawsbackheel said:
Labour's campaign seems to be all about scaremongering and deception That's risible after listening to Dave and Georgie boy for the last 6 months whose sole tactic has been personal vilification.

They've been quite clear on the need to cut spending whilst Brown was denying it and is it not the job of the opposition to criticise those policies that they believe to be wrong?

KpxSte said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Labour's campaign seems to be all about scaremongering and deception That's risible after listening to Dave and Georgie boy for the last 6 months whose sole tactic has been personal vilification.

They've been quite clear on the need to cut spending whilst Brown was denying it and is it not the job of the opposition to criticise those policies that they believe to be wrong?

Yes, they have been clear on the need to make cuts. They've been absolutely drooling over the prospect. It's not pragmatism - although pragmatism demands cuts need to be made (which is what Labour is having to do), it's pure ideology. You can just sense the glee coming from the tory benches. Same old unreformed tories. It's one of the few areas where there is still some ground between the parties.

Skashion said:
Yes, they have been clear on the need to make cuts. They've been absolutely drooling over the prospect. It's not pragmatism - although pragmatism demands cuts need to be made (which is what Labour is having to do), it's pure ideology. You can just sense the glee coming from the tory benches. Same old unreformed tories. It's one of the few areas where there is still some ground between the parties.

As apposed to Labour spending what we couldn't afford!

KpxSte said:
Skashion said:

What we can afford depends on taxation and I don't defend Labour's taxation policies. I'm a vehement critic of them in fact. Although, to be fair to them, they've had to operate under the restraints of the 'race to the bottom' in corporation and personal income tax. All I said was that was despite the minuscule gap that exists between the parties, there is still the difference insofar as the tories still think the state's job is to get the fuck out of the way of the market whereas Labour is interested in using market mechanisms and increased spending to improve public services.

Skashion said:
KpxSte said:

What we can afford depends on taxation and I don't defend Labour's taxation policies. I'm a vehement critic of them in fact. Although, to be fair to them, they've had to operate under the restraints of the 'race to the bottom' in corporation and personal income tax. All I said was that was despite the minuscule gap that exists between the parties, there is still the difference insofar as the tories still think the state's job is to get the fuck out of the way of the market whereas Labour is interested in using market mechanisms and increased spending to improve public services.

Your original post read like it was a dig at the tories spending habits which judging by the level of national debt in 1997, could be descibed as prudent? I was merely pointing out, or having a dig back, that Labours reckless overspend has resulted in the longest recession and biggest national debt since the second world war.

As for "they've had to operate under the restraints of the 'race to the bottom' in corporation and personal income tax", I have no idea what this means, sorry.

KpxSte said:
Skashion said:

Your original post read like it was a dig at the tories spending habits which judging by the level of national debt in 1997, could be descibed as prudent? I was merely pointing out, or having a dig back, that Labours reckless overspend has resulted in the longest recession and biggest national debt since the second world war.

As for "they've had to operate under the restraints of the 'race to the bottom' in corporation and personal income tax", I have no idea what this means, sorry.

Yeah, because taxation and spending can logically be separated... Merely pointing out that Labour's reckless overspend has led to recession? Ok, merely explain that to me. How?

I'm fed up of the lesser of two evils, its absolute fucking dog shite that the majority of people I speak to would use that phrase for the people "representing" us... the majority.

Does anyone actually think either represent them or is it just the case of one being less shit than the other?

GTKirchoff said:
I'm fed up of the lesser of two evils, its absolute fucking dog shite that the majority of people I speak to would use that phrase for the people "representing" us... the majority.

Does anyone actually think either represent them or is it just the case of one being less shit than the other?

My sentiments.

Skashion said:
KpxSte said:

Yeah, because taxation and spending can logically be separated... Merely pointing out that Labour's reckless overspend has led to recession? Ok, merely explain that to me. How?

I cant explain it, it was obviously "a slip of the tongue" so I'll retract the "recession" part. Debt still stands though.

Im obviously no expert, not even close so if you start spouting all that political bollox, I'll have to bow out.

I'm basically "a hard worker who pays their taxes and doesn't break the law". Cameron says he's going to stand for people like me so I'll see what he says and then decide whether I believe him or not. I won't however listen to Labours lies and scaremongering, using bad memories of 20-30 years ago to justify keeping them in power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.