Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

OB1 said:
johnmc said:
It wasn't a blatant red.

I think it was.

I don't think it was blatant. I can see the argument for it being a red but being honest if that was a game city weren't involved in id say the ref has to give a yellow purely on distance.

You have to forget it was aguerro. A precedent has already been set at spurs earlier in the season. You have to consider distance and not the player involved. So say it was lescott in that position would you still say red. Stupid maybe but that's how it works.

Dubai Blue said:
blue underpants said:
Cundy on talkshite is bleating that the handball was a yellow and Aguero was not certain to go on and beat the keeper
He didn't have to go on and beat the keeper; he only needed to go on and have a chance of shooting at the keeper, which he certainly would have done. Definite red.
I agree, definite red. Centre field and no ther Wigan player within 10 yards it was a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Nevertheless somebody has got to tell Bobby to cut out the imaginary cards. He also needs to sack his English teacher. He's been with us 2 years and he still sounds like he's ordering a piña colada at a beach bar on his holidays. Communication is important in so many respects for a modern manager and he's not good at it.

Still, 3 points clear and 9 goals to the good. Barring another Rag demolition of the Arse, whatever happens Sunday, we'll still be top.

FantasyIreland said:
We badly need a quality centre half,Kompany's abscence is really highlighting Lescotts lack of it.He has far too many faults and lacks any leadership,i honestly believe Komps has been making him look far better than he is.

On a plus side,Savic did much better and Zab had a great game,Clichy was very shaky.I'm praying Richards is back for Spuds because that back line tonight will struggle to cope with their pace and trickery.

Dzeko and Aguero both top quality and worked their bollox off - Our best partnership? Hart also getting better by the game.

Nasri still needs a rocket.......

DJ looks a shadow of the player he was - ??

And how the fook was that not a red card???

Ultimately 3 brilliant points.
THIS!

well put.

PaleBlue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Fair play to dzeko for he was pretty good tonight but we wont beat liverpool or spurs playing like that and we need some players in.

Agreed, terrible performance and a lucky win against a pub team. Spuds will hammer us Sunday if we play like that.

Think edin noes how to deal with spurs we got a great 3 points. Why do people moan 51 points top off the leauge shame about yaya and vinne but this is a great time to kill spurs off we made loads off chances and if we play like we did tonight but score our chances we will beat spurs. We can't shut up shop against spurs because they attack. 3 points just enjoy sergio was awesome

Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
Sigster100 said:
Why defend something that is wrong? Yes it was a blatant red and yet another very poor refereeing decision not in our favour but the imaginary card should be left to people with less class than we've got.
It's the Bluemoon way, you have to wear blue goggles at all times. If you don't, people try and have a pop.

I'm not sure why people keep harping on about "class", seems to be in vogue at the moment. Seemingly managers haranging referees/fourth officials is fine, but the second an imaginary card is waved (which, incidentally, is commonplace in Mancini's homeland), you're suddenly accused of lacking class.

Ignore the respect Mancini pays to opponents, managers, and officials in his interviews (in contrast to certain other managers). One simple hand gesture and it's all out of the window according to some.

I think it was ill advised after the furore at the Liverpool game, but I wouldn't chastise him for it.

Spot on

Many more De Jong performances like that and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leaving in the summer.

Wasn't Cahill even further behind the halfway line when he brought down Modric and walked earlier in the season?

The handball was so incredibly blatant, it was desperation stuff to stop Aguero being through on goal.

100% red.

zeven said:
themadinventor said:
zeven said:
Not good enough. Spurs will rape us next week.

What a stupid, idiotic comment to make, you obviously know piss all about football I can't begin to work out where you are coming from.
we were outplayed in second half! i'm pretty sure neither Mancini/platt or the players thought it was good enough.

im happy with the points, but this game left us with more questions than answers therefore my negative post.

We were not outplayed in the second half. Did you not notice the chances City created?

Also what's with Mancini talking about a lot of injuries constantly?

Bar Toure and Balotelli who else is out?

United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.