Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Wasn't the best game to watch & at times I was getting frustrated with the sideways & backwards passing. I wish sometimes we would just whip a hopeful ball into the box to see what happens rather than end up passing it back to the keeper from being in a good position.

Got the 3 points though & that's what counts.

I will take wins like that all year if it gets us the title.

Pigeonho said:
Sigster100 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
I don't understand why you defend everyone else but your own.

Why defend something that is wrong? Yes it was a blatant red and yet another very poor refereeing decision not in our favour but the imaginary card should be left to people with less class than we've got.
It's the Bluemoon way, you have to wear blue goggles at all times. If you don't, people try and have a pop.

Good point Pige. Bobby was bang on. Nowt wrong with it. Should do it more....that better?

BlueRiz said:
As Phil Nev said and I can't believe I;m gonna say this but his commentary and punditry is the best on TV/Sky at the moment cos all the others are wank....

Whisper it but he's called Gary.

Sigster100 said:
Pigeonho said:
Sigster100 said:
Why defend something that is wrong? Yes it was a blatant red and yet another very poor refereeing decision not in our favour but the imaginary card should be left to people with less class than we've got.
It's the Bluemoon way, you have to wear blue goggles at all times. If you don't, people try and have a pop.

Good point Pige. Bobby was bang on. Nowt wrong with it. Should do it more....that better?
You'll fit in well, but I see us falling out. ;-)

We were good first half, lot of Silva and Barry magic, culminating in that Dzeko goal..
Second half, I'm not sure if Wigan raised their game, or we got complacent..but glad that we held on..
Dzeko MOTM for winning us the game...but Barry, among others, was excellent too..
Not too happy with De Jong performance...he still hasn't found his form yet..first touch gave the ball away, next got an yellow, and was generally hacking the ball..
I also notice that the understanding between Aguero and Dzeko was poor tonight...they should try to be less selfish and work as team, rather than going for individual glory..

We should have got a clear penalty, and also Figueroa should have been red-carded for that hand-ball on purpose instead of a yellow card..it should not make a difference that the foul was near the half-way line or the box for the last-man rule..
I agree Mancini should not be gesturing for cards, but I understand his frustration for doing so..

rastus said:
Unfortunately its the time of year, bad weather, night fixtures and shite pitches, this will not help our speed and creativity. Especially when we play away as when we play at home we prepare our surface to the best.
So we need to win ugly in ugly environments.
Come end of Feb we will fly like the start of the season......weather permitting of course.

I suspect there is a lot of truth in that, we're not going to play as well at night in -3 than mid day Saturday sun, it's just bloody frustrating. That result against Blackburn last season where Dzeko scored the only goal turned out to be crucial too and that wasn't too dissimilar to this one. I did like that stat about games Dzeko has scored in the league we've gone on to win though.

This Spurs team everyone's shitting themselves about, is it the same Spurs who just scraped a one all draw at home against Wolves?

Pigeonho said:
Sigster100 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
I don't understand why you defend everyone else but your own.

I'm not sure why people keep harping on about "class", seems to be in vogue at the moment. Seemingly managers haranging referees/fourth officials is fine, but the second an imaginary card is waved (which, incidentally, is commonplace in Mancini's homeland), you're suddenly accused of lacking class.

Ignore the respect Mancini pays to opponents, managers, and officials in his interviews (in contrast to certain other managers). One simple hand gesture and it's all out of the window according to some.

I think it was ill advised after the furore at the Liverpool game, but I wouldn't chastise him for it.

tornandfrayed said:
This Spurs team everyone's shitting themselves about, is it the same Spurs who just scraped a one all draw at home against Wolves?

Exactly. I think we will beat them on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.