Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

sam-caddick said:
Very average performace but a win nethertheless.

If we are to perform like that against Spurs then expect a shocking on Sunday in my opinion, the Spurs players would of watched that game and thought to themselves that they can have a real go at us.

The game on Sunday will be the biggest game for a few months and if we were to win i think it could psychologically put a dint into Tottenham's confidence for a while, hopefully anyway!

the same Spurs players who drew against Wolves at Fortress WHL? The same one that will be without the only player that scores goals for them? The Spurs who WON'T park the bus at the Etihad?

3-1 City

Where are all those who doubted Savic tonight?!

He was good, solid and a lot more confident. Well Done Savic and if he keeps it up he will have a cracker v Spurs!

wireblue said:
Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
It's the Bluemoon way, you have to wear blue goggles at all times. If you don't, people try and have a pop.

I'm not sure why people keep harping on about "class", seems to be in vogue at the moment. Seemingly managers haranging referees/fourth officials is fine, but the second an imaginary card is waved (which, incidentally, is commonplace in Mancini's homeland), you're suddenly accused of lacking class.

Ignore the respect Mancini pays to opponents, managers, and officials in his interviews (in contrast to certain other managers). One simple hand gesture and it's all out of the window according to some.

I think it was ill advised after the furore at the Liverpool game, but I wouldn't chastise him for it.

Spot on
Yeah but using certain comments in Uruguay is acceptable in a certain persons homeland, but he quite rightly got slated for not respecting its not acceptable to do that certain thing over here. Obviously waving a card is nothing compared to that, but you see my point hopefully. This waving a card thing my Mancini seems to be a recent thing too, almost in protest at the ref decisions we are not getting in our favour. I'm not chastising him either, i'm just saying that watching a player wave an imaginary card is a shitty thing to do, as is pressuring a manager to get a player sent off. Now I know that isn't what Mancini is doing, he is questioning the ref in his own way, but it still looks pretty poor, in my somewhat humble opinion.
You as well as I know that if Taggart, Kenneth, young Boas or Wenger were doing it this much, the words 'bitter' and 'classless' would be banded about on the 10 + threads it would create. I would just prefer to see Mancini not do it and like I say, its a recent thing so its like he's acknowledging refs aren't favouring us rather than be a trait from his homeland.

arsenalrob said:
Andalublue said:
Dubai Blue said:
He didn't have to go on and beat the keeper; he only needed to go on and have a chance of shooting at the keeper, which he certainly would have done. Definite red.
I agree, definite red. Centre field and no ther Wigan player within 10 yards it was a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Nevertheless somebody has got to tell Bobby to cut out the imaginary cards. He also needs to sack his English teacher. He's been with us 2 years and he still sounds like he's ordering a piña colada at a beach bar on his holidays. Communication is important in so many respects for a modern manager and he's not good at it.

Still, 3 points clear and 9 goals to the good. Barring another Rag demolition of the Arse, whatever happens Sunday, we'll still be top.

Some people take longer to learn English. Look at Tevez for example and even Valencia at United.

Some people learn English faster. Ancelotti was pretty good considering he didnt know much.
We're not talking about players, two not-very-bright players. Mancini's a very bright man, he must know that his English is hampering his communications with players, management and the media.

arsenalrob said:
Also what's with Mancini talking about a lot of injuries constantly?

Bar Toure and Balotelli who else is out?

United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.

You MUST read through your comments before you post them. Otherwise you make yourself look like a twat.

Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
OB1 said:
johnmc said:
It wasn't a blatant red.

I think it was.

I don't think it was blatant. I can see the argument for it being a red but being honest if that was a game city weren't involved in id say the ref has to give a yellow purely on distance.

You have to forget it was aguerro. A precedent has already been set at spurs earlier in the season. You have to consider distance and not the player involved. So say it was lescott in that position would you still say red. Stupid maybe but that's how it works.
It certainly was blatant! The Cahill 'precedent' is no such thing, the only thing they had in common was distance from goal.

Aguero/Figueroa was a situation where the attacker would have been clean through on goal with no other defenders anywhere near him in the centre of the pitch. The Cahill incident was out on the wing with a centre back racing back and potentially in position to cover. It was an absolutely nailed on red and is yet another example of the absurd officiating that we have to put up with (and usually, in our case, bear the brunt of. Though having said that I thought de Jong got away with a shocker of a tackle).

citiblue375 said:
anybody who has ever played the game will know that if you are on the halfway line, no matter how clear you are or how fast you are, you still have work to do to score.
The ability to actually score is irrelevant; it's all about the ability to have the chance to score. Without the handball, Aguero would clearly have had a chance of scoring. Whether he would have done or not is irrelevant.

arsenalrob said:
DTeacher said:
arsenalrob said:
Anyway at least Mancini is not as bad as Guardiola and Mourinho.

Why do you keep ignoring all the responses about your whinging shitbag of a Manager, Arsene 'I did not see it' Wenger?

You keep talking about 'class.'

Do you agree that Wenger has less class than Mancini?

Let's see if you reply.

Listen i think card waving makes you a poor sport. I don't care if Ferguson does it, if it's Guardiola, if it's King Kenny. It's an opinion and if Wenger goes at it against United on Sunday, i will come back on here and say ''ffs Arsene, stop fucking card waving''. It's why i hate watching the big two in Spain as all they aim to do is making their opponent a player less with their card waving, moaning at the ref etc..

Wenger has his flaws, DID I SAY HE DIDN'T? However i have rarely ever seen him run out of his dug out and started waving the imaginary red card like Mancini has done at least twice this season.

What makes it weird is that Mancini moaned about Rooney doing it yet he goes on doing it again?

Thanks for answering.

You were asked by several people in the Match thread and you didn't respond to them.

Interesting take on Wenger - he has 'flaws.' PMSL - you bet he does!!

Rooney affected the game - the referee doesn't pay attention to Mancini who is OFF the pitch and talking to the 4th official - the referee probably didn't even SEE Mancini!

Anyway, at least you replied, so thanks.

zeven said:
OB1 said:
zeven said:
we were outplayed in second half! i'm pretty sure neither Mancini/platt or the players thought it was good enough.

im happy with the points, but this game left us with more questions than answers therefore my negative post.

We were not outplayed in the second half. Did you not notice the chances City created?
Yes i did, but for the majority we were on the back, just defending. We are talking about Wigan here not a midtable team.

i don't think card waving is right mate, but every manager has flaws, especially that twat at old trafford. mancini is a bit of a nutter, he was as a player, can't take that out of him. if arsenal had the decisions go against them that we have had recently, you wouldn't be on here mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.