Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
arsenalrob said:
Listen i think card waving makes you a poor sport. I don't care if Ferguson does it, if it's Guardiola, if it's King Kenny. It's an opinion and if Wenger goes at it against United on Sunday, i will come back on here and say ''ffs Arsene, stop fucking card waving''. It's why i hate watching the big two in Spain as all they aim to do is making their opponent a player less with their card waving, moaning at the ref etc..

Wenger has his flaws, DID I SAY HE DIDN'T? However i have rarely ever seen him run out of his dug out and started waving the imaginary red card like Mancini has done at least twice this season.

What makes it weird is that Mancini moaned about Rooney doing it yet he goes on doing it again?

i suppose roberto could adopt the " i didn't see it" line? thats more embarrassing than a manager showing passion on the touchline because he's been fucked over by a ref again

Exactly, that's Wenger's flaw. That's what annoys me about him.

Same way card waving and trying to get a player sent off is Mancini's.
He's not trying to get him sent off. He's asking why it wasn't a red you plum. The ref had already issued the yellow ffs.

ballinio said:
arsenalrob said:
Also what's with Mancini talking about a lot of injuries constantly?

Bar Toure and Balotelli who else is out?

United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.
name me your shit load of players out then

Did you see the amount of players we were missing against United when we got raped 8-2

We don't have a lot of money so when one player is out, it feels like 4 players are out.

Wilshere, our most important player has been out most of the season, Walcott in and out at times, Gibbs out as well...

Jumanji said:
People are such vaginas these days. Oh he waves a card!! Deary me!!

Spot On!! If this is the biggest talking point in a game then we're all f*cked!!

He's an articulate manager ... P*SS OFF and talk about the game now!

Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
OB1 said:
johnmc said:
I don't think it was blatant. I can see the argument for it being a red but being honest if that was a game city weren't involved in id say the ref has to give a yellow purely on distance.

You have to forget it was aguerro. A precedent has already been set at spurs earlier in the season. You have to consider distance and not the player involved. So say it was lescott in that position would you still say red. Stupid maybe but that's how it works.

Ignoring the player involved is just wrong. Where does it say that in the Laws of the Game?

I understand where your coming from. But what if ref doesn't know the player involved. Refs might not know the speed and poise of every player. Say it was de Jong would you still say red.
Yes. Because the player's ability to score is irrelevant. He denied us the chance of scoring. That's all that's needed for a red card to be shown.

Pigeonho said:
wireblue said:
Ric said:
I'm not sure why people keep harping on about "class", seems to be in vogue at the moment. Seemingly managers haranging referees/fourth officials is fine, but the second an imaginary card is waved (which, incidentally, is commonplace in Mancini's homeland), you're suddenly accused of lacking class.

Ignore the respect Mancini pays to opponents, managers, and officials in his interviews (in contrast to certain other managers). One simple hand gesture and it's all out of the window according to some.

I think it was ill advised after the furore at the Liverpool game, but I wouldn't chastise him for it.

Spot on
Yeah but using certain comments in Uruguay is acceptable in a certain persons homeland, but he quite rightly got slated for not respecting its not acceptable to do that certain thing over here. Obviously waving a card is nothing compared to that, but you see my point hopefully. This waving a card thing my Mancini seems to be a recent thing too, almost in protest at the ref decisions we are not getting in our favour. I'm not chastising him either, i'm just saying that watching a player wave an imaginary card is a shitty thing to do, as is pressuring a manager to get a player sent off. Now I know that isn't what Mancini is doing, he is questioning the ref in his own way, but it still looks pretty poor, in my somewhat humble opinion.
You as well as I know that if Taggart, Kenneth, young Boas or Wenger were doing it this much, the words 'bitter' and 'classless' would be banded about on the 10 + threads it would create. I would just prefer to see Mancini not do it and like I say, its a recent thing so its like he's acknowledging refs aren't favouring us rather than be a trait from his homeland.

I just think you're building up something that really isn't that important. I'd prefer it if he didn't do it, but ultimately I don't really care that much.

Often you mock others on here for their hyperbole on things you don't deem that important (such as supposed press bias), yet you seem to be doing the same about something that many others don't think is that big a deal.

Jumanji said:
People are such vaginas these days. Oh he waves a card!! Deary me!!
It's extraordinary how much fuss there is over this, while at the same time the extraordinary inconsistency of the refereeing is justified with bizarre ex post rationalisations.

Certainly feel Bob is being roughly treated by the broadcast media at the moment. (Don't get me started on Gerrard's behaviour, which was truly disgusting)

Gaylord du Bois said:
arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
i suppose roberto could adopt the " i didn't see it" line? thats more embarrassing than a manager showing passion on the touchline because he's been fucked over by a ref again

He's not trying to get him sent off. He's asking why it wasn't a red you plum. The ref had already issued the yellow ffs.

only this.......

arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
arsenalrob said:
Listen i think card waving makes you a poor sport. I don't care if Ferguson does it, if it's Guardiola, if it's King Kenny. It's an opinion and if Wenger goes at it against United on Sunday, i will come back on here and say ''ffs Arsene, stop fucking card waving''. It's why i hate watching the big two in Spain as all they aim to do is making their opponent a player less with their card waving, moaning at the ref etc..

Wenger has his flaws, DID I SAY HE DIDN'T? However i have rarely ever seen him run out of his dug out and started waving the imaginary red card like Mancini has done at least twice this season.

What makes it weird is that Mancini moaned about Rooney doing it yet he goes on doing it again?

Mancini has only started doing it after a spate of ridiculous decisions that are going against us. What can he do? If he appeals to the FA Disciplinary panel, they throw it out.

The problem is the standard of refereeing. At best it's poor, at worst they're bent

arsenalrob said:
DTeacher said:
arsenalrob said:
Anyway at least Mancini is not as bad as Guardiola and Mourinho.

Why do you keep ignoring all the responses about your whinging shitbag of a Manager, Arsene 'I did not see it' Wenger?

You keep talking about 'class.'

Do you agree that Wenger has less class than Mancini?

Let's see if you reply.

What about Fibreglass he was always at it

Tonight city did what great teams do.
They won ugly.
Those who whine about the performance are missing the point.
A win is a win ffs.
Give your head a wobble you doom and gloomers.
3 points clear:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.