Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

arsenalrob said:
ballinio said:
arsenalrob said:
Also what's with Mancini talking about a lot of injuries constantly?

Bar Toure and Balotelli who else is out?

United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.
name me your shit load of players out then

Did you see the amount of players we were missing against United when we got raped 8-2

We don't have a lot of money so when one player is out, it feels like 4 players are out.

Wilshere, our most important player has been out most of the season, Walcott in and out at times, Gibbs out as well...

ArseRob ... shut up about this injury crap pal and just think about ho you guys are gonna rape United when they come visit you after we spar with Spuds

Dubai Blue said:
citiblue375 said:
anybody who has ever played the game will know that if you are on the halfway line, no matter how clear you are or how fast you are, you still have work to do to score.
The ability to actually score is irrelevant; it's all about the ability to have the chance to score. Without the handball, Aguero would clearly have had a chance of scoring. Whether he would have done or not is irrelevant.

The terminology in the laws of the game is 'prevent a clear goal-scoring opportunity'. It is the interpretation of that which will determine whether it is a sending off offence or not and, given the position the offence occurred, I think you can validly take either side of the argument. My own feeling is that where there is a 'benefit of the doubt' judgement to be made, the referee should side with the player who will potentially be sent off. Martin Atkinson did that tonight and I have no issue with it........I only wish Chris Foy applied similar logic. The Premiership is being spoiled at the moment by too many sendings off for what - in my opinion - are relatively minor offences in the overall context of a game.

Fair play to Dzeko tonight... Hopefully just in time for another vs Spurs.

A little bit of frustration between Dzeko and Aguero tonight, both made mistakes so I'm just hoping they sort their sh1t out before spurs.

A gutsy win, we really need to start playing better as a whole. I enjoyed Zabs performance tonight, great seeing Ned getting a run.

Still, It's not good enough for a team like Spurs. This is a really, really big game. If we win, then we have really made our mark. If we lose, not the end of the world, hopefully it won't effect us mentally but we are still in a nice position.

Gallagher, (Dermot), is on TS now saying it wasn't a red. He says it's not deemed certain that Aguero would have won the chase for the ball. I call bollocks to that. Figueroa is back tracking, Aguero is on the chase. If Figueroa mis-times his header, falls or whatever, Aguero is one on one. It's a red card all day long and a bad call from Atkinson who, other than that, had a very good game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Dubai Blue said:
johnmc said:
OB1 said:
Ignoring the player involved is just wrong. Where does it say that in the Laws of the Game?

I understand where your coming from. But what if ref doesn't know the player involved. Refs might not know the speed and poise of every player. Say it was de Jong would you still say red.
Yes. Because the player's ability to score is irrelevant. He denied us the chance of scoring. That's all that's needed for a red card to be shown.

But surely a lot can happen in half a pitch. Me personally id expect aguerro to score from there but i wouldnt expect de jong to.

zeven said:
themadinventor said:
zeven said:
Not good enough. Spurs will rape us next week.

What a stupid, idiotic comment to make, you obviously know piss all about football I can't begin to work out where you are coming from.
we were outplayed in second half! i'm pretty sure neither Mancini/platt or the players thought it was good enough.

im happy with the points, but this game left us with more questions than answers therefore my negative post.
Outplayed at Wigan for 15 mins, won should have scored more but Wigan drew with Chelski and Liv, so they do have qualities which we overcame. if you think we are going to walk over any team during the winter months you realy need to think again

Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
johnmc said:
It wasn't a blatant red.

He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for Aguero.

On what do you base your assertion?

You have to forget its aguerro. I agree its a goal scoring chance for aguerro but thats not the rules.

Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for XYZ.

Mr XYZ has a CLEAR run on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pretty sure what the rules are in those circumstances...

By the way, we shouldn't even be discussing this, as he should have been booked for the nasty foul on Nasri, which would have meant he would have walked for two yellows anyway...

Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Dubai Blue said:
johnmc said:
OB1 said:
Ignoring the player involved is just wrong. Where does it say that in the Laws of the Game?

I understand where your coming from. But what if ref doesn't know the player involved. Refs might not know the speed and poise of every player. Say it was de Jong would you still say red.
Yes. Because the player's ability to score is irrelevant. He denied us the chance of scoring. That's all that's needed for a red card to be shown.
A definite goal scoring opportunity is a red card. A probable goal scoring opportunity is a yellow card. Scott Parker was brought down by Garry Cahill and it was rescinded because they said with 50yards to go its only a probable GSO. I pretty much agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.