Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion th

ban-mcfc said:
johnmc said:
Uber Blue said:
So what?

Aguero would have been ten yards in front of him because of their respective body positions. Moreover, the very nature of the law means that it is open to interpretation, and if that's the case then surely the players involved in the incident are equally part of the referee's interpretation of that law and any particular incident where the law needs to be applied?

The players involved can't be considered because that's asking a ref to know.the attributes to every player. Say we signed someone from south.America no ref knew. How does he interpret that?

barry would have got himself into a goal scoring opportunity from there.

Quite possibly. But possibly not as well. Therefore not clear cut. I think given the distance from goal id be disappointed with a red against us in that situation. Thing is if it was us it prob would have been red.

mackenzie said:
Pigeonho said:
mackenzie said:
you remind me of an old poster called FDM.
In what way?
He was a bit of a rag apologist at times and far too calm about stuff that was anti city; couldn't understand the angst of a derby day and thought our hatred a bit petty.
Wasn't a bad poster by the way it's just that he didn't seem to 'get it.'
I liked him at the end, despite the odd run in, and I put it down to a generational thing.
Fair do's, I can accept that. And by the way if you saw me personally in a Derby you would see things differently to how I post. I post the things I feel, not what is felt during the heat of a match. Also i've been a fan since 1988 until present, a large percentage of which has been spent going home and away so I do 'get it'. At the game I thought it was funny how Beckham got pelted with coins, but in the common sense of the trip home and subsequent pints after, it was a stupid thing for people to do, see my point? I do get it.
As I have just said to someone else, I don't see things through blue goggles, I see things for how they are. This is most unpopular on here, which is fine, but from my point of view what other post is the 'banging on' what people think I do but its a forum so I have as much right to air my views like they do. The difference is their view is the majority, mine the minority and so my views are picked up on more. I'm not a rag apologist either! For me it is black and white. Ferguson pointing to his watch is exactly the same as Mancini waving his imaginary card, but we all know what we think of Ferguson pointing to his watch.
I just see things from non-blue tinted goggles point of view, nothing more and nothing less but it doesn't mean I don't love City any less, it just means I post what I feel, rather that what the majority want to read. Young Liam once described that as 'trying to hard', but when I realised I was stood on the Kippax when he wasn't even spunk in his dads balls, that comment went out of my head straight away so yeah, maybe it is a generational thing. :-)

arsenalrob said:
lee-mcfc said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
What difference does it make whether he waves an imaginary card or says "That has got to be a Red Card!!!!"

Especially in light of the shitty end of the refereeing decisions stick we've been on the receiving end of
Alot! i hate when players do it and i hate when managers do it, but because it's mancini it's alright? Right...

It makes Mancini a hypocrite as well.

He was moaning that Rooney got Kompany sent off, yet he was saying that player should be red carded.

Hahahaha!!

Coming from a Gooner that's a bit fucking rich!!

So when are those kids of yours going to come to fruition and win the PL! lolololol

Now it's our turn.

Thought the lads ran their socks off tonight and battled an ugly win.
We can all see it in front of us and until Vinnie and Yaya are back in place we will lack confidence, but the spirit we showed tonight will drag us through this spell.
Milner was a great example, tonight nothing came off but he kept his head up and battled.

Great result.

Was happy to see Nedum in a PL game for us again. Don't care about this business with his mum, he is the only true blue left in the first team squad so if that was his last appearance then I wish him well, but suspect Mancini may keep him now if we can't buy anyone.

Amazed at some of the negativity on here tonight!

Coming off the back of two defeats,key players missing,a few probably carrying injuries,not in our best run of form,away at Wigan,no mugs at home,a freezing night,poor pitch and we win 1-0.

With a little bit more luck it could easily have been three.Lescott and Savic looked solid,everyone worked hard and Dzeko scored and looked better.

We have to grind out results until everyone is back and fit,then hopefully motor on.A draw or win against Spurs and a United defeat and we could be 4-6 points clear at the top.A win would end the Spurs challenge too.We could actually lose and still be 2 points clear of Spurs and 2 or 3 clear of United if they draw or lose.

It has been a tough month so far but we are still THREE points clear at the top,so stop the whining!

pweyhe said:
Are some fans just unable to be pleased? That was exactly the kind of performance we needed tonight.

Think about the circumstances.. We came in on a bad run of form. We're playing an away game against a team fighting for survival, who are finally playing well again. It's a freezing cold night, making it very difficult to play explosive football, and all of our imposing, strong players are injured (Kompany, Yaya, Balotelli, Richards) except Dzeko.

Now think about what happened.. We completely dominated the first half. Looked dangerous from the beginning and got an early goal. We then played an intelligent, controlled game until Wigan pushed harder in the second half and the game opened up. This is where we needed to bury the game and the one dent on the performance is that we failed to score here. Because of that Wigan were able to throw everything at us, which made the game seem closer than it was in the end.

But overall everyone did their job today. Hart stepped up when we needed him. The whole backline was solid and in position. Barry and Milner had a misplaced pass or 2, but worked extremely hard and kept the midfield in check. Silva and Nasri did a great job of controlling the game and always looked capable of creating danger. Dzeko held the ball up brilliantly and took his chance. Aguero made great runs and crafted some good chances.

What more can we expect from a freezing cold away game?
Thank god, you understand football mate. When we`re champions in May yhis game will be a distant memory. Theres so-called fans on here can`t wait for us to fail so they can say `i told you so`. Theres already some saying we`ll get beat by spurs, why ? because we ground out a win at Wigan, not at our best ? Have you ever known 2 games to be the same / it was job done at Wigan, it will be a very different game v spurs. Exp o.3 v l`pool then 1.o v utd.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:
It was on half way. If it was lescott handling when de santos would have been through i think you would argue it was a yellow.

So what?

Aguero would have been ten yards in front of him because of their respective body positions. Moreover, the very nature of the law means that it is open to interpretation, and if that's the case then surely the players involved in the incident are equally part of the referee's interpretation of that law and any particular incident where the law needs to be applied?

The players involved can't be considered because that's asking a ref to know.the attributes to every player. Say we signed someone from south.America no ref knew. How does he interpret that?

Why the fuck did the defender handle the ball then? That's why the ref has to bring the act into the interpretation. The very deliberate act of handball prevents Aguero with a definite goal scorong opportunity, otherwise why the fuck did he handle it?

Re: Now it's our turn.

rogdogblue said:
Thought the lads ran their socks off tonight and battled an ugly win.
We can all see it in front of us and until Vinnie and Yaya are back in place we will lack confidence, but the spirit we showed tonight will drag us through this spell.
Milner was a great example, tonight nothing came off but he kept his head up and battled.

Great result.

You must have stunned a few dramaqueens and moaners in your time..Are you sure you are in the right forum?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.