Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion th

Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:
Uber Blue said:
So what?

Aguero would have been ten yards in front of him because of their respective body positions. Moreover, the very nature of the law means that it is open to interpretation, and if that's the case then surely the players involved in the incident are equally part of the referee's interpretation of that law and any particular incident where the law needs to be applied?

The players involved can't be considered because that's asking a ref to know.the attributes to every player. Say we signed someone from south.America no ref knew. How does he interpret that?

Why the fuck did the defender handle the ball then? That's why the ref has to bring the act into the interpretation. The very deliberate act of handball prevents Aguero with a definite goal scorong opportunity, otherwise why the fuck did he handle it?

At Half way its not definite. Sorry but its not. Most footballers will tell you that there is a lot to do from that position.

Snedds76 said:
MAXXI said:
Ooh Yeeeeeeesssss
NORMAL service has been resumed with 3p lead as panic hit @ Old Toilet Arena

Hart...............hero
Onuoha..........hi ther, good to see ya ;)
Zabaleta.........all forgiving.. happy B.D
Savic.............good game
Lescott...........right foot suicide touch
Clichy............good effort
Milner............solid
Barry.............the one and only
Silva..............another assist
Aguero...........selfish/tired
Dzeko............excellent header..faith
Nasri.............?
NDJ...............transfer?

De Rossi?

Sorry for hijacking this topic guys but just joined the forum so can't create a topic yet, just want to introduce myself as a Scottish guy in his mid 30's that had a Hearts season ticket for years but gave it up 3 years ago as Scottish fitba is shite. I put a 100 quid bet on at the start of the season with my man ure supporting mate that city would win the league. Didn't realise then how much I would get into following the club and have just purchased a blue membership with match priority so me and my son can get down to a match before we win the title!! Great team to watch,great manager and great fans, anyway be nice to me and hopefully meet for a pint one day!!! Cheers Snedds
Welcome Snedds , if ever you need advice or help with tickets ,accomodation etc just pm me i`ll be happy to help you out .

Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
wireblue said:
Yeah but using certain comments in Uruguay is acceptable in a certain persons homeland, but he quite rightly got slated for not respecting its not acceptable to do that certain thing over here. Obviously waving a card is nothing compared to that, but you see my point hopefully. This waving a card thing my Mancini seems to be a recent thing too, almost in protest at the ref decisions we are not getting in our favour. I'm not chastising him either, i'm just saying that watching a player wave an imaginary card is a shitty thing to do, as is pressuring a manager to get a player sent off. Now I know that isn't what Mancini is doing, he is questioning the ref in his own way, but it still looks pretty poor, in my somewhat humble opinion.
You as well as I know that if Taggart, Kenneth, young Boas or Wenger were doing it this much, the words 'bitter' and 'classless' would be banded about on the 10 + threads it would create. I would just prefer to see Mancini not do it and like I say, its a recent thing so its like he's acknowledging refs aren't favouring us rather than be a trait from his homeland.

I just think you're building up something that really isn't that important. I'd prefer it if he didn't do it, but ultimately I don't really care that much.

Often you mock others on here for their hyperbole on things you don't deem that important (such as supposed press bias), yet you seem to be doing the same about something that many others don't think is that big a deal.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0802/woman-slap-woman-slap-demotivational-poster-1202681530.jpg

johnmc said:
Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:
The players involved can't be considered because that's asking a ref to know.the attributes to every player. Say we signed someone from south.America no ref knew. How does he interpret that?

Why the fuck did the defender handle the ball then? That's why the ref has to bring the act into the interpretation. The very deliberate act of handball prevents Aguero with a definite goal scorong opportunity, otherwise why the fuck did he handle it?

At Half way its not definite. Sorry but its not. Most footballers will tell you that there is a lot to do from that position.
It was a clear goal-scoring opportunity. that's the rule. Centre of the pitch and with Aguero going one way, and the defender the other he'd have been 5-10 metres clear and uncatchable. Thank God it didn't cost us

Definite no, clear yes. The only thing that could happen to prevent a GSO in that situation is Aguero falling over, basically. That's it. Given body positions, and assuming equal speed (i.e. not taking the individuals' characteristics into account) that is the only way he isn't one on one with the keeper.

Therefore it is quite obviously a clear GSO.

Damocles said:
Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
Yeah but using certain comments in Uruguay is acceptable in a certain persons homeland, but he quite rightly got slated for not respecting its not acceptable to do that certain thing over here. Obviously waving a card is nothing compared to that, but you see my point hopefully. This waving a card thing my Mancini seems to be a recent thing too, almost in protest at the ref decisions we are not getting in our favour. I'm not chastising him either, i'm just saying that watching a player wave an imaginary card is a shitty thing to do, as is pressuring a manager to get a player sent off. Now I know that isn't what Mancini is doing, he is questioning the ref in his own way, but it still looks pretty poor, in my somewhat humble opinion.
You as well as I know that if Taggart, Kenneth, young Boas or Wenger were doing it this much, the words 'bitter' and 'classless' would be banded about on the 10 + threads it would create. I would just prefer to see Mancini not do it and like I say, its a recent thing so its like he's acknowledging refs aren't favouring us rather than be a trait from his homeland.

I just think you're building up something that really isn't that important. I'd prefer it if he didn't do it, but ultimately I don't really care that much.

Often you mock others on here for their hyperbole on things you don't deem that important (such as supposed press bias), yet you seem to be doing the same about something that many others don't think is that big a deal.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0802/woman-slap-woman-slap-demotivational-poster-1202681530.jpg

Damocles said:
Ric said:
Pigeonho said:

If only you knew the rest of the conversation. Tut tut.

johnmc said:
Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:

No you're wrong, it is a definite opportunity. A definite opportunity does not have to lead to a goal, there needs to be a definite opportunity. I'm not being pedantic, but it's a simple point of semantics - an opportunity is the same as a definite opportunity - or can you explain to me the difference?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.