Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

mackenzie said:
Pigeonho said:
mackenzie said:
He was a bit of a rag apologist at times and far too calm about stuff that was anti city; couldn't understand the angst of a derby day and thought our hatred a bit petty.
Wasn't a bad poster by the way it's just that he didn't seem to 'get it.'
I liked him at the end, despite the odd run in, and I put it down to a generational thing.
Fair do's, I can accept that. And by the way if you saw me personally in a Derby you would see things differently to how I post. I post the things I feel, not what is felt during the heat of a match. Also i've been a fan since 1988 until present, a large percentage of which has been spent going home and away so I do 'get it'. At the game I thought it was funny how Beckham got pelted with coins, but in the common sense of the trip home and subsequent pints after, it was a stupid thing for people to do, see my point? I do get it.
As I have just said to someone else, I don't see things through blue goggles, I see things for how they are. This is most unpopular on here, which is fine, but from my point of view what other post is the 'banging on' what people think I do but its a forum so I have as much right to air my views like they do. The difference is their view is the majority, mine the minority and so my views are picked up on more. I'm not a rag apologist either! For me it is black and white. Ferguson pointing to his watch is exactly the same as Mancini waving his imaginary card, but we all know what we think of Ferguson pointing to his watch.
I just see things from non-blue tinted goggles point of view, nothing more and nothing less but it doesn't mean I don't love City any less, it just means I post what I feel, rather that what the majority want to read. Young Liam once described that as 'trying to hard', but when I realised I was stood on the Kippax when he wasn't even spunk in his dads balls, that comment went out of my head straight away so yeah, maybe it is a generational thing. :-)
Good post.
However, I think a forum is a very easy place to be backed into a corner when you adopt a certain stance. It is very different from real life and I have found myself agreeing with some posters,over a pint,that I never thought I would.
However, if you continue to defend anything and everything that you feel was your original point then your message gets diluted.
Hope that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense, but it would be nice to be accepted for my views and not called a rag, but yes, it does make sense.
Anyway, 3 points tonight so all is good. x

I'm more than happy with the performance and result tonight.
It could have been a 2 or 3 goal win, but so what?
We're well placed and with the spuds coming up here for their second woman-slapping of the season, we could be pulling away within the next few weeks.

How anyone can be negative when we're top is beyond me. Think back 13 or 14 years ago then wash your face.

johnmc said:
On my own here. Can understand why you want a red. Just a shadow.of a doubt because of the distance for me. Fair enough.

Just would feel aggrieved given against us.

Anyway glad of an ugly 3 points away from home.

'Doubt' with regards to what? 'Doubt' whether he would have scored or 'doubt' whether it was a [definite] opportunity to score?

Marvin said:
Tevez City said:
My thoughts on the game:

*Happy with the 3 points but disappointed with the performance.
*Happy for Dzeko for finally scoring and feeling sad for what happened to Aguero in 55 minute.
*Savic is getting better.
*Zabaleta is not better than Richards offensively.
* We had so many players tonight were below average, hopefully they will rise their performance next week.
Overly negative

Yea I know, hopefully next week will be full of positives starting with 6 points ahead of U*shite, 8 ahead of Spurs.

Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:
On my own here. Can understand why you want a red. Just a shadow.of a doubt because of the distance for me. Fair enough.

'Doubt' with regards to what? 'Doubt' whether he would have scored or 'doubt' whether it was a [definite] opportunity to score?

Doubt at that distance the ref can call it a clear goalscoring chance.

johnmc said:

Through his actions it's clear the defender interpreted the situation as a goalscoring opportunity - which is telling in my opinion

Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:

Doubt at that distance the ref can call it a clear goalscoring chance.
It was a long way to go but, like Nevile said after the game, if that ball had got through to Kun, he was away and no defender was going to catch him.

Braggster said:
unexpected item said:
Spuds think they can get something on Sunday. We need to put them in their place, again.

Kyle Walker
@kyle28walker
Manc city are there for the taking sunday boys #COYS
https://twitter.com/#!/kyle28walker/status/159024804475842560

Bizarre thing for a player to say in public, little bit naive IMHO.

Give some people in the limelight some technology and you can assured they will use it to their disadvantage.

I appreciate that footballers come from all walks of life with different economic, social , educational and religious backgrounds but in the main they are footballers because they don't have skills or smarts in other disciplines (LOL).

Uber Blue said:
johnmc said:

There could a little bit of the 'Brian Clough Offside' comment about this but doesn't a player have "an opportunity to score" for as long as he's on the pitch? Doesn't there have to be an element of 'probability' or 'likelihood' applied by a referee to assess the level of 'opportunity' if fouled...........which seems to be the latest in far too long a list of sending off offences.

Maybe time to put this one to bed. There are two sides to this argument. Both are opinion - neither are 'fact' as some on here would like to present them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.