Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Pigeonho said:
ethan23 said:
bollocks to this imaginary card, we're not here to be liked were here to win trophies. I couldnt care less what people think about us, most hate us anyway. Great result but we need to step it up next week
If Taggart did it as much as Mancini has done it lately, there would be threads and threads on it on here. It's a daft thing to do and lacks class. He made up for that class in the interview but it's not something I like to see him do to be honest.

Agree pige. it's so unnecessary. Its not like it influences the officials, and only makes bobby look like he is under pressure. It looks pretty poor, but this idea that it is breaking some moral code is ridiculous. But I wonder whether it is actually having the opposite effect where refs don't want to be seen to cave in to pressure and so those 50-50 decisions are going against us

ban-mcfc said:
i could listen to neville all day, brilliant pundit.

Most pundits just repeat the old "grinding out results like that can win you the title" spiel.

Neville came at it from a slightly different angle, "That toe there... that's what wins you championships"

Re: Re: We need a bit of a spark

johnmc said:
we need a bit of a spark from somewhere. A pick me up if you like. Great win tonight but an average performance.

A signing, a young player coming in.from the academy, a big win etc. Just something to give us a lift and we could do it.

Not really specific to the wigan game.

Totadisco said:
Harder then I thought...
Figueroa reserved a red card..
Did you see his challenge on Nasri"s ankle? At that moment I thought Nasri"s season is over... That tackle was a yellow at minimum, but still got away with it.
And when Caldwell blocked Dzeko"s header by his hand... That was a clear penalty.
Must say that some other decisions were going in our favor.
Ooh, and De Jong had a really bad game. His form is questionable

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see De Jong become available in the window if the price was right. Will be very surprised if he starts next season with us. Was a terrific player for us last season while we were building but starting to look like a set of furry dice in a Ferrari at times now

St Ives blue said:
prima said:
Reminded me of a Mark Hughes match, biting my nails until the end. Almost full strength for Sunday so bring em on.

Bobby looks shattered, BUT WE WON!!!!!!!

Forza Mancini

CTID

prima

I'm still biting my nails more than 30 mins after the final whistle!
Please City, can we have a comfortable win like a few months back, my fingers are really suffering!

As Phil Nev said and I can't believe I;m gonna say this but his commentary and punditry is the best on TV/Sky at the moment cos all the others are wank!

He highlights that the next run of 6-7 games City have are for us to win the title cos Utd and Spurs have got some tough games ahead.

We could potentially have a 6-9 point lead after 6 games. Come on City!!

adrianr said:
This post probably isn't worth the flaming it will get but fuck it, maybe some of you can have a reasonable discussion about it rather than getting on the ultra defensive and calling me a rag :p

Don't care about that crap about winning the league ugly, I wanted to see something that would give me some confidence going into the Spurs game off the back of what has been our worst part of the season. I didn't see it. I saw another useless Nasri, a still tired Silva (though it was a superb set piece and still managed a through ball for Aguero that he arguably should have done more with), some good chances created and not finished. One set piece goal separated the top of the league with the bottom. When we played them earlier in the season we created some lovely chances that Aguero finished with clinical precision. Tonight we needed a wonder header from Dzeko (superb to see him back on the score sheet again) to clinch it. Needed Hart to keep us in it AGAIN! How many good chances are we going to give teams?

Let no-one ever question how important Yaya is to us. Milner, god love him, was dead on his feet. We really needed that composure Yaya brings to the middle. And god damn even if Lescott did start the season better than Kompany, I'm now completely convinced it was only due to some weird effect of Kompany having to do more work than one man should. You could crash Bluemoon waxing lyrical about how important that man is to our team. Thankfully as people have said it's one more game without him and a vital 3 points.

Pluses: Savic looked a lot better. Far less rash. Still a bit iffy with some of his positioning but far more confident. Could probably make more of those bursting runs out to release the ball because unless Yaya is there it seems difficult to move it forward. Dzeko looked well up for it, made a much better outlet and some good turns showing lots of strength to hold people off. Great partner for Aguero, and crucial to get him in the goals again at this stage of the season. Hart once again (almost doesn't need mentioning now, the guy is just, well, insane). And despite the scoreline we did actually make a few good chances. We're still umming and arring about finishing them but it's better to see no chances created at all. Oh and that Aguero dribble, was wishing that one to go in just so you could watch it on the highlight reel over and over and over again, but sometimes that boy just needs to use his ion cannon foot and fucking hoof it. It basically won us the Liverpool game.

We really need to tighten it up. Still hoofing forward too much, still too many headed clearances to opposing players, still getting caught up field and giving away chances.

People will think I'm just moaning, but if you can't spot the deficiencies when you're winning you'll have no idea what to do when the results suddenly don't go your way. I wish I could be more upbeat about it, but we're still lacking all the possession and crispness of passing that was decimating teams at the beginning of the season. We had some awesome awesome interchanges at the beginning of the match that didn't come to anything but you could look past it being the start of the match. We needed 3 points tonight, but we also needed confidence going into playing Tottenham on Saturday. If anyone can honestly say they feel better about it after that I'l be amazed. How do we still have so many tired legs? I know even the best teams don't play at 100% for the entire season and we have some crucial people missing, but it was Wigan FFS. Sometimes you just need to go out and give someone a good whipping to get everyone back on track.

are you on mogadon?

Can i come out from behind the couch yet my old ticker wont take much more of that but a win is a win thats how the swamp dwellers have done it for years. Cundy on talkshite is bleating that the handball was a yellow and Aguero was not certain to go on and beat the keeper if theres one player who would have been away in a flash and smashed it in it would have been Sergio

Bongo Joe said:
ethan23 said:
bollocks to this imaginary card, we're not here to be liked were here to win trophies. I couldnt care less what people think about us, most hate us anyway. Great result but we need to step it up next week
I agree completely. Nobody cares at the end of the season.

I actually don't care if anyone waves a card. It's win at all costs and I'd want someone from the opposition sent off if I was a manager/player, it's natural to want it.
Agreed here too. It plays in to the press' hands but he has done it twice and for me he is right both times. Every other manager would moan like fuck and in the emotion of it all I cannot imagine his English would be clear enough to get his point across.
Fuck em Bobby
Forza Mancini.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Pigeonho said:
ethan23 said:
If Taggart did it as much as Mancini has done it lately, there would be threads and threads on it on here. It's a daft thing to do and lacks class. He made up for that class in the interview but it's not something I like to see him do to be honest.

I don't understand why you defend everyone else but your own.

Why defend something that is wrong? Yes it was a blatant red and yet another very poor refereeing decision not in our favour but the imaginary card should be left to people with less class than we've got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.