Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Good hard match, just what we needed, I thought the defence stood up well after the intial wobbles in the first few minutes, Savic had a good outing while Lescott did a good job, sure it wasnt pretty but got the points which was important even when the team not going at a 100%, I thought Barry and Milner were very good in the midfield and Nasri was a bit subdued tonight but still put in the yards, and Zabs had a great match as well, I thought Dzeko took the goal well, overall we got the job done.....keep up the good work guys........

How do people have a problem with Mancini? He's taking the piss after all of this horrendous refereeing in such a short time span. As another poster pointed out if someone isn't waving their hand their shouting out "red card red card!" so I don't see why some get so upset

Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

hgblue said:
johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for XYZ.

Mr XYZ has a CLEAR run on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pretty sure what the rules are in those circumstances...

By the way, we shouldn't even be discussing this, as he should have been booked for the nasty foul on Nasri, which would have meant he would have walked for two yellows anyway...

I agree he should have been booked already. But can you say you are confident de jong would have scored from that position.

WTF are you on about? The ball was going to bounce into Aguero's path, which is why the Wigan player handled the ball, because he knew the bounce had beaten him and he was the last man. Sometimes I despair, I really do.
dont despair mate , he`s just another anti city knobhead theres alot around at the moment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
hgblue said:
johnmc said:
I agree he should have been booked already. But can you say you are confident de jong would have scored from that position.

WTF are you on about? The ball was going to bounce into Aguero's path, which is why the Wigan player handled the ball, because he knew the bounce had beaten him and he was the last man. Sometimes I despair, I really do.

It was on half way. If it was lescott handling when de santos would have been through i think you would argue it was a yellow.

So what?

Aguero would have been ten yards in front of him because of their respective body positions. Moreover, the very nature of the law means that it is open to interpretation, and if that's the case then surely the players involved in the incident are equally part of the referee's interpretation of that law and any particular incident where the law needs to be applied?

Starting to fall out of love with going to the games, too many stupid fucking children/teenagers behaving like scrotes, I was getting more and more stressed throughout the game, especially just as second half kicked off they belched a number of times right down my ear. This took all my self control not to pick them up and toss them down the stand.

After this evening I think this is going to be my last away game for a while.

Great game and result though.

Ooh Yeeeeeeesssss
NORMAL service has been resumed with 3p lead as panic hit @ Old Toilet Arena

Hart...............hero
Onuoha..........hi there, good to see ya ;)
Zabaleta.........all forgiving.. happy B.D
Savic.............good game
Lescott...........right foot suicide touch
Clichy............good effort
Milner............solid
Barry.............the one and only
Silva..............another assist
Aguero...........selfish/tired
Dzeko............excellent header..faith
Nasri.............?
NDJ...............transfer?

De Rossi?

Pigeonho said:
mackenzie said:
Pigeonho said:
I know, people on here banging the same drum all day long. Who'd have thought that!

;-)
you remind me of an old poster called FDM.
In what way?
He was a bit of a rag apologist at times and far too calm about stuff that was anti city; couldn't understand the angst of a derby day and thought our hatred a bit petty.
Wasn't a bad poster by the way it's just that he didn't seem to 'get it.'
I liked him at the end, despite the odd run in, and I put it down to a generational thing.

MAXXI said:
Ooh Yeeeeeeesssss
NORMAL service has been resumed with 3p lead as panic hit @ Old Toilet Arena

Hart...............hero
Onuoha..........hi ther, good to see ya ;)
Zabaleta.........all forgiving.. happy B.D
Savic.............good game
Lescott...........right foot suicide touch
Clichy............good effort
Milner............solid
Barry.............the one and only
Silva..............another assist
Aguero...........selfish/tired
Dzeko............excellent header..faith
Nasri.............?
NDJ...............transfer?

De Rossi?

Sorry for hijacking this topic guys but just joined the forum so can't create a topic yet, just want to introduce myself as a Scottish guy in his mid 30's that had a Hearts season ticket for years but gave it up 3 years ago as Scottish fitba is shite. I put a 100 quid bet on at the start of the season with my man ure supporting mate that city would win the league. Didn't realise then how much I would get into following the club and have just purchased a blue membership with match priority so me and my son can get down to a match before we win the title!! Great team to watch,great manager and great fans, anyway be nice to me and hopefully meet for a pint one day!!! Cheers Snedds

Pigeonho said:
Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
Yeah but using certain comments in Uruguay is acceptable in a certain persons homeland, but he quite rightly got slated for not respecting its not acceptable to do that certain thing over here. Obviously waving a card is nothing compared to that, but you see my point hopefully. This waving a card thing my Mancini seems to be a recent thing too, almost in protest at the ref decisions we are not getting in our favour. I'm not chastising him either, i'm just saying that watching a player wave an imaginary card is a shitty thing to do, as is pressuring a manager to get a player sent off. Now I know that isn't what Mancini is doing, he is questioning the ref in his own way, but it still looks pretty poor, in my somewhat humble opinion.
You as well as I know that if Taggart, Kenneth, young Boas or Wenger were doing it this much, the words 'bitter' and 'classless' would be banded about on the 10 + threads it would create. I would just prefer to see Mancini not do it and like I say, its a recent thing so its like he's acknowledging refs aren't favouring us rather than be a trait from his homeland.

I just think you're building up something that really isn't that important. I'd prefer it if he didn't do it, but ultimately I don't really care that much.

Often you mock others on here for their hyperbole on things you don't deem that important (such as supposed press bias), yet you seem to be doing the same about something that many others don't think is that big a deal.
But that is something visual, something which is actually there to see. The 'agenda' is something which is only an opinion. Also, who have I mocked on the Mancini card thing? I've not mocked anyone, i've simply said I would rather see it not happen.

Well I think he should get some fucking red cards in his pocket. This imaginary shit is not good enough imo.

pweyhe said:
Are some fans just unable to be pleased? That was exactly the kind of performance we needed tonight.

Think about the circumstances.. We came in on a bad run of form. We're playing an away game against a team fighting for survival, who are finally playing well again. It's a freezing cold night, making it very difficult to play explosive football, and all of our imposing, strong players are injured (Kompany, Yaya, Balotelli, Richards) except Dzeko.

Now think about what happened.. We completely dominated the first half. Looked dangerous from the beginning and got an early goal. We then played an intelligent, controlled game until Wigan pushed harder in the second half and the game opened up. This is where we needed to bury the game and the one dent on the performance is that we failed to score here. Because of that Wigan were able to throw everything at us, which made the game seem closer than it was in the end.

But overall everyone did their job today. Hart stepped up when we needed him. The whole backline was solid and in position. Barry and Milner had a misplaced pass or 2, but worked extremely hard and kept the midfield in check. Silva and Nasri did a great job of controlling the game and always looked capable of creating danger. Dzeko held the ball up brilliantly and took his chance. Aguero made great runs and crafted some good chances.

What more can we expect from a freezing cold away game?
I didn't watch it all. Was too nervous, but I thought we'd be OK when I saw the workrate we were putting in. We were at a much higher tempo than we have been, and it seemed the couple of days rest the players have had has done the trick. Another rest now until Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.