Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Dribble said:
Mate, Bony's not from the absolute top drawer of strikers, but he's apparently available, Negredo's fee would probably cover 90% of his fee, he's got Prem experience so wouldn't need time to acclimatise, he's got a 1 in 2 record in the EPL and he's a better forward option for us than Dzeko the donkey IMO.

As for Jovetic, he's a proper footballer and I reckon he'll be a star for us in the future. Hopefully his injury situation settles down, but it seems no worse than we have to endure with Kun. If we need to rid ourselves of a striker to get a real top drawer striker, then its got to be Dzeko for the chop.
Yes I see all of that, but there are other factors as mentioned, however if we are getting Bony to replace Dzeko, then I'm happy enough with that, so long as he has a better attitude, he'll be more useful.

It still leaves us looking for 2 strikers in the summer in my view, as Jovetic isn't one (stay or go, and I hope he stays).
I'd be happy if we got Bony now, jettisoned Dzeko in the summer and bought a proper top drawer world class striker to replace him.

Kun, Bony, 'World class striker' and Jovetic would do me for next season going forward. We need proper footballers at the club and whilst I wouldn't class Bony as world class, from what I've seen of him he's a lot closer to that description from a skill perspective that Dzeko. Don't worry about it mate, with Bony and the addition of a world class striker and with Dzeko moved on we'll be absolutely fine.

Dogtanian said:
Not in the slightest bit excited about this, missing a month every season also we seem to be buying from the 2nd tier of world football these days.

2nd tier of world football? Who is in this top tier? Costa, Lewandoski, Sanchez? All are 26.
Since 2008 Bony has an almost identical record to Lewandoski, better than Costa and much better than Sanchez. He wasn't playing in a two team league (for Barcelona or Dortmund) either!
As someone who got quite excited about signing Buster Phillips I'll take Bony, if he's on offer.

Samsdad said:
bluemoon98 said:
Sorry to use this tune as a chant but come on david moyes tune can be used for:

Come on Wilfried Bony, Score some goals for city we're going wild wild wild, we're going wild wild wild - same song that swansea used ;)

Ive been singing Bony bony,bony bony,bony bony to the tune of wooly bully lol

or you could sing wilfred bony wilfred bony wilfred bony to the same tune aswell

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8</a>

No ? i `ll get my coat

(but i bet you all end up with it stuck in your heads ;-) )

How about doing something to the tune of the Kaiser Chiefs' Ruby?

Bony, Bony, Bony, Bony
Aha-aha-aaa
Will ya, will ya, will ya, will ya
Aha-aha-aaa
Score some goals for me?
Bony, Bony, Bony, Bony

moggymoz said:
oasis-city-greek-fan said:
If we sign him ... would you like him to play against Βarca in Spain next to Aguero ?
Liars ! You will pick up the -3 on the midfield- formation and Βοny will be on your bench

Hmm...

I thought the same but then had a quick look at his post history.

I think the issue is that he's only 8 or so.

Davs 19 said:
moggymoz said:
If we sign him ... would you like him to play against Βarca in Spain next to Aguero ?
Liars ! You will pick up the -3 on the midfield- formation and Βοny will be on your bench

Hmm...

If that!

Davs 19 said:
moggymoz said:

Hmm...

Or maybe English isn't his first language.

raymondkl92 said:
Best thing about the Bony deal is you can be 100% sure Dzeko is going to step up and bang them in in double figures before Bony comes back then we'll wish we hadn't spent 30mil
Dzeko doesn't reallly come across as a person that would relish a challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.