Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dave Watson said:
richards30 said:
pudge said:
It all hinges on Big Dave Watson

Hahahaha brilliant! Will be interesting though as he's already been on saying we aren't signing anyway!
Not true Mr RIchards. I said we would not be signing any of Reus, Pogba or Barkley (not in this or Any window).

Bony, I am well happy with :-)
Is it going to happen though, will we sign him?

*sits on edge of seat*

jimharri said:
uwe_returns said:
Very underwhelmed by this potential signing.

A decent player for sure. But strategically this signing appears terrible. A lot of money, in January and looks panicky.

Alvaro Negredo or Bony? The beast every time for me.

Diego Costa was signed unopposed by Chelsea for 25 mill. He may have chosen London but did we miss a trick not even trying?

Seriously for 30 million we could do a hell of a lot better and for a "quick fix" there's plenty of cheaper options.
You seem unable to grasp the fact that Negredo was deeply unhappy in Manchester, his family couldn't settle and he doesn't want to play for us any more. And that Valencia are contractually obliged to purchase him at the end of the season. Futile to even consider Negredo as an alternative. Time to move on from him.
And costa's a dirty **** who will get found out in time. Good striker but a **** all the same, perfect for Chelsea.

Think this would be an excellent signing...ever since we let Negredo leave we have been crying out for a replacement....Not only is he top goal scorer but he's done it in the prem...he's proven! How often do we hear players say this league is twice as hard as most leagues across Europe...signing someone from overseas means getting someone with question marks as they haven't shown it in the prem league..Not only is Bony a top scorer but he's done it on an average team....just think what he could do at City.....and on top of everything else....he will not need much time to adjust....This might not seem an exciting signing to some but it really does make the most sense......hope we close this deal soon...

GO CITY!!!!

That Doumbia fella who bagged against us would be cheaper surely. Maybe going Afcon as well?

My point is with ffp we only have a few bullets in the chamber in terms of big signings. I'd prefer us to save our dough for a Reus fund or for that type of elite and small band of players that will take us to the next level.

Guarantee Swansea bank 30 mill and just promote Gomis who will do just as well for them as Bony.

jimharri said:
uwe_returns said:

A decent player for sure. But strategically this signing appears terrible. A lot of money, in January and looks panicky.

Diego Costa was signed unopposed by Chelsea for 25 mill. He may have chosen London but did we miss a trick not even trying?

Seriously for 30 million we could do a hell of a lot better and for a "quick fix" there's plenty of cheaper options.
You seem unable to grasp the fact that Negredo was deeply unhappy in Manchester, his family couldn't settle and he doesn't want to play for us any more. And that Valencia are contractually obliged to purchase him at the end of the season. Futile to even consider Negredo as an alternative. Time to move on from him.
I really cannot believe how so many on here are truly clueless about our club and it's dealings Jim.

Big Dave Watson said:
pudge said:
aguero93:20 said:
It all hinges on Big Dave Watson
It's a Yes from me. Fantastic signing.

man-jumps-from-window-o.gif

uwe_returns said:

Lol, £25m? That's a new one. He was £32m and it was "only" that low because he had a release clause which Swansea eradicated last year for Bony. I'm sure City would have loved to have him but he was signed, sealed, and delivered to Chelsea for a very long time.

Some of you are hilarious. I swear that most of you have never seen Bony play apparently because I can't fathom anyone who has watched him play frequently would find this transfer anything but an excellent one for City -- he's an ideal player for us. And why would it appear panicky? Our strikers will be healthy shortly and he won't even play for us for over a month... this is the exact opposite of panicky. A panicky buy would be spending this on Charlie Austin on January 31st or something. Not getting this out of the way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.