Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm think I'm siding with those against this move. But I'm torn.

He will definitely score goals for us but it's a lot of money now we're working within FFP. We are clearly doing OK without our two main strikers and given he's going to be straight off to ACN what happens when he comes back if Aguero is fit and Dzeko is back to goalscoring (there's no suggestion his drop in form will be anything other than one of his regular blips, he's being scoring goals in this league for too long now to suggest otherwise). On the other hand maybe our board feel his goal/games ratio will pick up a little when he's around better players - potentially elevating him to a world-class player.

Also does this mean Pozo is deemed good enough to be the 4th striker (and we are offloading Edin in the summer) or is he another on the list of those who won't make it here?

hope its not 30mil, really dont think hes worth that imo, although i loved to be proved wrong, on a side note will he bugger off to acon with yaya

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
jimharri said:
uwe_returns said:
Very underwhelmed by this potential signing.

A decent player for sure. But strategically this signing appears terrible. A lot of money, in January and looks panicky.

Alvaro Negredo or Bony? The beast every time for me.

Diego Costa was signed unopposed by Chelsea for 25 mill. He may have chosen London but did we miss a trick not even trying?

Seriously for 30 million we could do a hell of a lot better and for a "quick fix" there's plenty of cheaper options.
You seem unable to grasp the fact that Negredo was deeply unhappy in Manchester, his family couldn't settle and he doesn't want to play for us any more. And that Valencia are contractually obliged to purchase him at the end of the season. Futile to even consider Negredo as an alternative. Time to move on from him.
I really cannot believe how so many on here are truly clueless about our club and it's dealings Jim.

It's a lot more believable when you realise how many fucking red rats have been on this thread tonight.

Hope we tie this up soon, will fit the team, mobile, strong, good first touch, everything that Edin has'nt got, a step up for sure, buying early in the window may give us chance to move Edin on, recouping some cash.

Tin hat on awaiting the bombs.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.