Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Swans are paying 4M for Naughton couldnt we of pushed either Nastasic, Micah or Boyota their way to sweeten the deal?
Pleased when we stop paying such high wages for average/unwanted players, the above mightn't get half their current pay anywhere else. Can't be long now since we have changed the model.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Is it just me or do other people feel that jovetic isn't a CF.

Jovetic is more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker and we bought him because we couldn't sign Isco and no one surely considers Isco to be a CF

Bony is a CF and one we have needed since Alf left.

I mentioned this pre-season and was directed to the OS where he is clearly listed as a Striker. I was told "debate over".

Jovetic is more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker and we bought him because we couldn't sign Isco and no one surely considers Isco to be a CF

+1
I also believe we should be looking for a natural left footed winger or attacking left mid-fielder.But where the shit do you get a David Silva playalike from ?

oakiecokie said:

+1
I also believe we should be looking for a natural left footed winger or attacking left mid-fielder.But where the shit do you get a David Silva playalike from ?

I think the club should look at the possibility of loaning out Jov to one of the Italian clubs. That way we don't see the end of him.

The problem I have with jovetic is his preferred position is behind the striker but we have 3 better players in that position in Kun, Dave and Samir maybe even yaya so he is pointless to us.

Hello. I`ve watched him more since the rumors and I`m not impressed with him. We already have Dzeko and Negredo up front. If we are to buy a stricker (my opinion is that we shouldn t untill summer) than we must go for an improvement of Dzeko - Benzema or Cavani- or start using the academy.

oakiecokie said:

+1

I am sure Pellegrini agrees and this is an area needs to be looked at in the summer when funds are greater.

At the moment he uses Kolarov in desperation in a more attacking role.

rapidCT said:
Hello. I`ve watched him more since the rumors and I`m not impressed with him. We already have Dzeko and Negredo up front. If we are to buy a stricker (my opinion is that we shouldn t untill summer) than we must go for an improvement of Dzeko - Benzema or Cavani- or start using the academy.
We pretty much don't have negredo anymore though and we ARE short on strikers at this moment.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Lancet Fluke said:
mad zab said:
However, we do have to remove a foreign player from the CL squad if we include Bony.

Also I am not convinced we will go forward with 4 strikers in the future.

Therefore I would not be surprised if Jovetic is moved on, if not now, maybe in the summer.

Surely it all depends on what formation we are going to play regularly. I still don't see how three strikers is ok if we are going to be fairly committed to 442. 3 strikers is fine if we are going to continue with one up front from now on most of the time.

Maybe it will be a case of three strikers and a youth lad...like that African kid we are getting the permit for

But it has to be three strikers and a capable youth lad. basically if you're going to play 2 up front a reasonable amount then you need four strikers who are good enough to start for the first team whether they be senior pros or kids. I think the balance of our squad is wrong for 442 both in terms of strikers and centre backs. Not that I think we should be playing 442.

Robbo. said:
BONY IS NEGREDOS REPLACEMENT! ONLY THIS

WE NEED THE SAME AMOUNT OF STRIKERS AS WE DID LAST SEASON

ITS NOT DIFFICULT, IS IT?

Finally someone with a brain ...

This Bony topic has been spoiled by no related comments about FFP and selling Dzeko or Jovetic. Jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.