Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ric said:
A few papers are running with it, so there's probably some interest there. Don't think it will happen though, given his involvement in ACON, his contract renewal, our transfer restrictions and Pellegrini's comments today. Barring a setback in Dzeko or Aguero's recovery, I think we'll keep our powder dry until summer. Maybe bringing in fees for Nastasic and Sinclair will facilitate a move, but personally I doubt it.

We just about coped against the likes of Crystal Palace and WBA with having no recognised striker on the pitch but the Burnley result might of been the turning point about bringing in an extra striker.

Ray78 said:
Ric said:
A few papers are running with it, so there's probably some interest there. Don't think it will happen though, given his involvement in ACON, his contract renewal, our transfer restrictions and Pellegrini's comments today. Barring a setback in Dzeko or Aguero's recovery, I think we'll keep our powder dry until summer. Maybe bringing in fees for Nastasic and Sinclair will facilitate a move, but personally I doubt it.

We just about coped against the likes of Crystal Palace and WBA with having no recognised striker on the pitch but the Burnley result might have brought things to a head.

That's why I'm sceptical about us signing Bony. I like him as a player, but by the time he's available we should have Dzeko and Aguero back. Think if we were to sign a striker in January it'd be someone who is immediately available, possibly a loan signing. No idea who though.

Why would we buy a player to fill gaps in our squad who is then going to go to the ACON and create a gap in our squad?

Ric said:
Ray78 said:
Ric said:

We just about coped against the likes of Crystal Palace and WBA with having no recognised striker on the pitch but the Burnley result might have brought things to a head.

That's why I'm sceptical about us signing Bony. I like him as a player, but by the time he's available we should have Dzeko and Aguero back. Think if we were to sign a striker in January it'd be someone who is immediately available, possibly a loan signing. No idea who though.
The whole ACON thing makes me reluctant to sign any top level African player if I'm honest. Why spend a fortune on a player who, once every other season, isn't available for 6 weeks of the season, missing League, FA Cup and potentially Champion's League matches? Spend the money on a European, or South American, player who, over the course of a 4 year contract, won't sit out a minimum of 3 months due to an outdatedly scheduled competition.

Ric said:
Ray78 said:
Ric said:

But there are no guarantees that either Aguero,Dzeko or Jovetic will remain fit or maintain their form between now and the end of the season. Last season we ended up with a pissed off and unfit Negredo and Dzeko for the title run in. A loan deal would of been a great idea but there are not many clubs who would be open to that suggestion and with January being a short window the club doesn't have much time to fuck about.

Damocles said:
Why would we buy a player to fill gaps in our squad who is then going to go to the ACON and create a gap in our squad?

its a fair question that begs an answer

Honestly, couldn't give a shit how much he would cost as long as he scores a few.

He wouldn't be my pick, but saying that he is the best centre forward outside the top 4 and deserves his chance at a top club.

I wouldn't like to be in a central defensive partnership having to deal with Bony's strength and power and all of a sudden Aguero pop us out of nowhere, those two could cause havoc!

£20-£25m and that's a decent price, anything in the region of £30m is excessive in my opinion.

It's hard judging the value of strikers nowadays because for tried and tested world class you need to be looking at paying £40m-£50m+, so £25m for Bony who i woyld have thought will get us at least 20 goals a season in all competition isn't bad money really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.