Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
city2 said:
Bony is not good enough for where we want to be.

Can't agree with that. He is a proven premier league goalscorer in a team with a playing style not dissimilar to our own.

1961_vintage said:
city2 said:

Can't agree with that. He is a proven premier league goalscorer in a team with a playing style not dissimilar to our own.

Rumours are that if signed he'll not be in the CL squad thus, allowing us to rest Kun for European games.

Not a logic I like as we have little or no chance of winning the CL with UEFA sanctions etc.

1961_vintage said:
city2 said:

He's plenty good enough to be an option for us,add our supply to his armoury and his game will raise to a level.
We don't have a player that puts himself about up front,Bony ruffles feathers and has the ability to match his physicality.He could be great foil for Kun and I can see him fitting in as equally as Negredo did.

blue b4 the moon said:
1961_vintage said:
city2 said:

Rumours are that if signed he'll not be in the CL squad thus, allowing us to rest Kun for European games.

Not a logic I like as we have little or no chance of winning the CL with UEFA sanctions etc.

Lets be honest,only more than our fair share of Chelsea style luck was ever going to see us lift that trophy this year.A decent run,raise our coefficient further,and we aim big next season.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see the Ivory Coast training camp is in Abu Dhabi this month.

I have been banging the drum for Bony for quite a few months and would be really excited to see what he could offer in a City shirt.

He's got all the tools and as a club, we could offer him the belief that takes him to the very top level.

Still believe this could be Dzeko's last season, along with Kolarov, despite signing recent renewals.

Perhaps City feel the need to advance certain transfer targets, although Bony and AFCON still doesn't make sense.

The perfect foil for Sergio, however.

No, what does not make sense is buying for the short-term when paying the sort of money Bony would command.

It's a squad game and 3 strikers isn't enough when 2 of them are injury prone. Although Bony's price is very steep and with him playing in the AFCON it seems plain daft, after the tournament he can do a great job in our team and will take off some of the pressure Aguero. The alternative is to pick up an unknown striker for peanuts which is also a too risky strategy as sticking to what we have got at this stage of the season imho.

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see the Ivory Coast training camp is in Abu Dhabi this month.

I have been banging the drum for Bony for quite a few months and would be really excited to see what he could offer in a City shirt.

He's got all the tools and as a club, we could offer him the belief that takes him to the very top level.

Still believe this could be Dzeko's last season, along with Kolarov, despite signing recent renewals.

Perhaps City feel the need to advance certain transfer targets, although Bony and AFCON still doesn't make sense.

The perfect foil for Sergio, however.

No, what does not make sense is buying for the short-term when paying the sort of money Bony would command.

Why do you see it as short-term?

I clearly saw how well Negredo worked in our team last season (prior to his injury).

Bony is a very similar player (physical, powerful, determined, gritty, good in the air) and on a similar level technically to Negredo (Bony can play).

It worked then, it'd work now.

He's just turned 26 so has 3 or 4 'peak' years in front of him.

I'd really welcome this signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.