Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Hope so.
-----------------------

Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing Swansea City's Wilfried Bony when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

The 25-year-old found the net in his side's 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace earlier today to bag his 18th goal of 2014 - the highest tally of any player in the Premier League

Despite having only recent signed an extension to his current deal at the Liberty Stadium, a report in the Daily Star claims that the striker will be the subject of a bid from the Citizens in the region of £20m in January.

Bony, who is due to join up with the Ivory Coast national team in early stages of next year, was repeatedly linked with a move to Liverpool during the summer, although he this week described any talk of a move to Merseyside as being merely speculation.

It is also suggested that Swansea boss Garry Monk is keen to bring another forward to the club in the transfer window, with summer arrival Bafetimbi Gomis another target for fellow top-flight clubs.
Where do you rate him against Negredo?(genuine question mate)

I really think Bony would be perfect for us, so similar to Negredo in many ways.

He's not like Cisse or Benteke or even Michu as he didn't just pop out of obscurity and become a 1 season wonder, he score 37 goals in 36 games the season before he moved to Swansea, and before that he had a decent scoring record (22 in 59) for Sparta Prague.

Decent striker, strong as an ox, but not sure if good enough for us, he was totally anonymous second half at our place this season after doing well first half, we certainly don't need players that 'give up' in games.

Gaylord du Bois said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hope so.
-----------------------

Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing Swansea City's Wilfried Bony when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

The 25-year-old found the net in his side's 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace earlier today to bag his 18th goal of 2014 - the highest tally of any player in the Premier League

Despite having only recent signed an extension to his current deal at the Liberty Stadium, a report in the Daily Star claims that the striker will be the subject of a bid from the Citizens in the region of £20m in January.

Bony, who is due to join up with the Ivory Coast national team in early stages of next year, was repeatedly linked with a move to Liverpool during the summer, although he this week described any talk of a move to Merseyside as being merely speculation.

It is also suggested that Swansea boss Garry Monk is keen to bring another forward to the club in the transfer window, with summer arrival Bafetimbi Gomis another target for fellow top-flight clubs.

Negredo was that bit taller but Bony is equally as powerful and effective with greater mobility and pace.

What made Negredo so likeable was his heart and industry,he never gave up.Bony also has a winning mentality but I think Negredo just edges him there.

FantasyIreland said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hope so.
-----------------------

Negredo was that bit taller but Bony is equally as powerful and effective with greater mobility and pace.

What made Negredo so likeable was his heart and industry,he never gave up.Bony also has a winning mentality but I think Negredo just edges him there.
He always looks value for me but £20 million's a bit strong.

For a proven Prem striker,who can trouble any defence,and is a couple of years from his prime.....I think 20m is good business.

His injury record is pretty good too is it not?

FantasyIreland said:
For a proven Prem striker,who can trouble any defence,and is a couple of years from his prime.....I think 20m is good business.

His injury record is pretty good too is it not?
Just think 20 is a bit big where we are right now. As it is, if we come calling its going to be a bunch more than that, imo.
15 plus add ons is maybe his true value but how will his worth stack up in with the up coming afcon ?

his strength is his strongest attribute. I dont think he is technically great, at least not as much as Negredo was. the fact that Mangala and Kompany bullied Costa but Bony was able to stand Kompany is testament.

He'd be good at knocking headers for Aguero. But I don't think he is starting 11 material (for that matter, neither is Dzeko when compared to top european teams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.