Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
his strength is his strongest attribute. I dont think he is technically great, at least not as much as Negredo was. the fact that Mangala and Kompany bullied Costa but Bony was able to stand Kompany is testament.

He'd be good at knocking headers for Aguero. But I don't think he is starting 11 material (for that matter, neither is Dzeko when compared to top european teams)
Watching him now, he seems to prefer to take up the same central position as Sergio. Can't deny his ability but he doesn't look like he can dove tail with the maestro.

I have to agree with Ferguson's view, don't buy Africans unless they are absolute world class like Yaya has been. Bony will be gone in January and every second January in future. It's a joke to lose a player at such a crucial point of the season. Question is: Is he worth that hassle like Yaya has been.

yeah, I'd much rather prefer we start with aguero up front on his own. he has pretty much proven that he can lead the line on his own these last few weeks.

He is a different option to our current strikers and if he is happy to accept a squad role then it wouldn't do us any harm to sign the player. The only downside is the AFCON.

Given he would be used in rotation,maybe the AFCON wouldn't be too much of an issue.

A strike force of Sergio,Jovetic,Bony and kelechi,with Ambrose knocking at the door..... doesn't look too shabby to me.

FantasyIreland said:
Given he would be used in rotation,maybe the AFCON wouldn't be too much of an issue.

A strike force of Sergio,Jovetic,Bony and kelechi,with Ambrose knocking at the door..... doesn't look too shabby to me.

January is the busiest month in terms of domestic football and we could do with the squad staying intact during that period.

bluechampion7891 said:
yeah, I'd much rather prefer we start with aguero up front on his own. he has pretty much proven that he can lead the line on his own these last few weeks.

Still not convinced aguero works best as a lone striker. Only when Jovetic came on as a second forward then the chances came for aguero. And jovetic had a big part in the build up to the final 2 goals. And this was with Bayern playing with 10 men. And you could say both both goals were from individual errors although aguero fully capitalized on them.

Aguero can play sole striker, but with so many games in Dec/Jan it's too risky a strategy. Not sure Bony would fit our style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.