Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
yayas trusty right foot said:
I hope we sign him..

One question though, how would he sign his contract if he is at ACON ?

Either sign him before he jets off to the Ivory Coast's training base in Abu Dhabi or he is training with the national side in the UAE.

dave bacuzzi said:
Bony wants to improve. I'm not sure Dzeko does.

I don't know about that, I just think what we have seen with Edin in the past season or two is his peak so he cannot improve much more if at all in my opinion, he will still bag you 20-25 goals in all competitions if he stays fit, like last season.

Bony in my opinion has more to his game than Edin, I think his link up play is better and can find the odd pass, he is also a little more powerful and imposing than Edin is.

Both players will get similar goal returns in a City shirt, but I do think Bony could be more influential on Aguero's game as I think he could really impose himself on the oppositions defenders leaving Aguero to really cause some havoc.

I like Edin, he does frustrate at times but he has helped big time in winning us the trophies we have won in recent seasons, I just think maybe now is the time for a refreshment in his position.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
It's the classic transfer forum muppetry

If he doesn't come from one of the 'elite' clubs he's not a good player

Absolute shite

Bony would be immense for us..he's a better Negredo..and look how well the beast partnered Kun

And his record over his time at Swansea compares well to Dzeko's at City over the same period.

I think he'd fit in really well. He is a proven scorer in the premier league and he has a chance to test his abilities at CL level (next seasonl. He seems very calm around the box with his back to goal especially, not unlike Sergio in that respect. Scores headers also, but we'd have to sort out the crap corners issue first! He has time on his side, plays well on his own up front, strong and relatively injury-free. I'd buy him and keep Dzeko until the summer. But how much can we spend? On anybody?

city91 said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
city91 said:
He's a very good player but he is not better than Dzeko.

I like Edin..but it's difficult to compare them both..totally different types of strikers IMO

I agree that they are different types of strikers but it's a bit rich to use goal scoring records to justify signing Bony but ignore Edin's.

Dzeko is one of the leading PL goals to game ratio strikers.

Dzeko has fired two teams to league titles in two of the most demanding European leagues.

Dzeko has scored the goals that took Bosnia to the World Cup.

But yet people mention him as if he is on par with Samaras and Corradi.

Maybe Bony will be better suited to our system than Edin. Maybe Bony will go on to score more goals than Edin, but at this moment in time Edin is the better player.

I have previously compared Dzeko's stats to Bony's over the period since the start of last season and they have almost exactly the same goals to shots conversion ratio; Bony's is fractionally better. Just based on stats, I don't think there is much to choose but in terms of physicality, I prefer Bony. I suspect Dzeko may be the slightly smarter player but I have not seen enough of Bony to know. What I have seen of Bony makes me think that he would do at least as well for us as Edin and Negredo so I am in favour of buying him.

He has all the attributes, If we do sign him we won't know if he is on Dzeko level until the pressure is on Bony to deliver when it matters at the business time of the year, we know Dzeko will..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.