Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
Damocles said:
Doesn't really add up for me. The only strikers I can think that were anywhere close to Bony in play style that Txiki has ever bought was Negredo, and even that seemed like a rough option.

He buys people like Eto'o, Saviola, Gudjohnsen, Ezquerro and latterly Henry. All of which are pacey strikers with great movement and enjoy running the flanks, none of which are that big man powerhouse that Bony is.

I actually rate Bony and would like him here but I'm puzzled at why Txiki is making such a huge departure from his normal and previously successful M.O. when the last time he did it in Negredo didn't end up well.

Bony could of been recommended by Txiki's old mate Laudrup as a transfer target.

Or perhaps that chap, what's his name (?), Pellegrini may have some input.

OB1 said:
Ray78 said:
Damocles said:
Doesn't really add up for me. The only strikers I can think that were anywhere close to Bony in play style that Txiki has ever bought was Negredo, and even that seemed like a rough option.

He buys people like Eto'o, Saviola, Gudjohnsen, Ezquerro and latterly Henry. All of which are pacey strikers with great movement and enjoy running the flanks, none of which are that big man powerhouse that Bony is.

I actually rate Bony and would like him here but I'm puzzled at why Txiki is making such a huge departure from his normal and previously successful M.O. when the last time he did it in Negredo didn't end up well.

Bony could of been recommended by Txiki's old mate Laudrup as a transfer target.

I'm sure he does - just as he will have some input about what the players have for breakfast today. But he isn't the chef.

OB1 said:
Ray78 said:
Damocles said:

Of course. His recommendations were Isco, Demichelis and Willy.

These rumours are Similar to last season with Mangala and fernando which we got in the summer, looks like we doing the work now to get him in the summer.. Don't think we will buy anyone this transfer window

BluePaddy87 said:
I agree with most of the comments in this thread. He's a big strong player, holds up the ball really well, he has no problem picking out a pass and is a proven goal scorer at his previous clubs too. The only thing i see being a problem is if he moves here he will have a lot of expectation resting on his shoulders with us being a bigger club than swansea and maybe he might struggle under the pressure of what will be required of him with the difference in what our clubs are both trying to achieve

Or he might flourish amongst elite players more his own level and take advantage of better service from the likes of Merlin and co.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some of the revisionism on this thread is of Champions League quality.

Apparently City were short-sighted selling Negredo, despite the fact he would not be available until the end of November with a broken foot?

And it would be equally short-sighted to buy a better player in Bony because he will not be available for the next month?

They are talking £20m upwards for the kid Berahino at West Brom.

Bony is the best available striker of his price in all of Europe at present.

Post of the day..

I really hope we get him as he is a great player now and will be even better in our team..

Damocles said:
OB1 said:
Ray78 said:

I'm sure he does - just as he will have some input about what the players have for breakfast today. But he isn't the chef.

Txiki is doing what works for City, and in the Premier League. Negredo did great for 6 months, got injured and lost his focus. Bony is already Prem proven and has good technique and is strong, So I think he trumps Negredo in that regard, plus he's 3 years younger coming into his prime, as his Swansea performances are showing.

callumcity said:
BluePaddy87 said:
I agree with most of the comments in this thread. He's a big strong player, holds up the ball really well, he has no problem picking out a pass and is a proven goal scorer at his previous clubs too. The only thing i see being a problem is if he moves here he will have a lot of expectation resting on his shoulders with us being a bigger club than swansea and maybe he might struggle under the pressure of what will be required of him with the difference in what our clubs are both trying to achieve

Or he might flourish amongst elite players more his own level and take advantage of better service from the likes of Merlin and co.

Yeah this is also true. I'm not saying he wil be a flopl but he will be moving to a club with higher ambitions and if he does move I really hope he does flourish

If we are to sign Bony, can we register him for the champs league squad?

I know we have restrictions etc and he would potentially have to replace someone. But is there scope to do this or are we completely restricted and are banned from registering anyone else?

B3nStr0ng said:
If we are to sign Bony, can we register him for the champs league squad?

I know we have restrictions etc and he would potentially have to replace someone. But is there scope to do this or are we completely restricted and are banned from registering anyone else?

No we can't,he would be left out of this years squad
I can't see us getting past Barca so it will likely only be 2 games he misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.