Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can actually see this transfer happening, IF they don't put a ridiculous price on him.

I'd happily have him here. No doubt they'll want 30 odd million for him though.

80s Shorts said:
Blue Hefner said:
80s Shorts said:
So the Premierships highest scorer of 2014 is a carthorse.

I think he could be the leader of our orchestra (anagram).

The calendar year makes no difference

We play from August to May

He is a 1 in 2 striker over his career and has a better goals per game ratio than Dzeko. Highest scorer in 2014. Powerful, athletic and can find a pass. You say he is a carthorse. Actually you said he is a carthourse whatever that is.

You are talking absolute bollocks.

Not worth 30mil!

Will he be able to improve to a level where we can flog him for 60mil or help us win the Champs League?
I'd say no to both, so I don't see the need/reason to buy him

And his career is has spanned 18months in England and a few years in Holland where Samaras manged to score

He's obviously better than Samaras but not worth buying as long as Dzecko is here and certainly not worth 30mil

Blue Hefner said:
80s Shorts said:
Blue Hefner said:
The calendar year makes no difference

We play from August to May

He is a 1 in 2 striker over his career and has a better goals per game ratio than Dzeko. Highest scorer in 2014. Powerful, athletic and can find a pass. You say he is a carthorse. Actually you said he is a carthourse whatever that is.

Not worth 30mil!

Will he be able to improve to a level where we can flog him for 60mil or help us win the Champs League?

And his career is has spanned 18months in England and a few years in Holland where Samaras manged to score

He's obviously better than Samaras but not worth buying as long as Dzecko is here and certainly not worth 30mil

so was fernandinho worth 30m? A player who played in Ukraine and no one had seen before?

bluechampion7891 said:
Blue Hefner said:
80s Shorts said:

Not worth 30mil!

so was fernandinho worth 30m? A player who played in Ukraine and no one had seen before?

We didn't have a player to do the job Fernandinho does at the time. We have 3 top strikers at the moment(fitness depending). Surely we won't buy him to sit on the bench because I'd have all 3 of ours over him, especially at the price quoted

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some of the revisionism on this thread is of Champions League quality.

Apparently City were short-sighted selling Negredo, despite the fact he would not be available until the end of November with a broken foot?

And it would be equally short-sighted to buy a better player in Bony because he will not be available for the next month?

They are talking £20m upwards for the kid Berahino at West Brom.

Bony is the best available striker of his price in all of Europe at present.

Mandzukic for me TH, would be perfect for us

Blue Hefner said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Blue Hefner said:
Not worth 30mil!

We didn't have a player to do the job Fernandinho does at the time. We have 3 top strikers at the moment(fitness depending). Surely we won't buy him to sit on the bench because I'd have all 3 of ours over him, especially at the price quoted

actually, you answered your own question. Wedont have a striker who bullies defenders.

Jordan CTID said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Apparently City were short-sighted selling Negredo, despite the fact he would not be available until the end of November with a broken foot?

And it would be equally short-sighted to buy a better player in Bony because he will not be available for the next month?

he is 3 years (?) older than bony

Jordan CTID said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Unavailable and struggled to adapt to Bayern Munich style of play and may not be too happy not being first choice.

Ray78 said:
Jordan CTID said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Unavailable and struggled to adapt to Bayern Munich style of play and may not be too happy not being first choice.

Not necessarily unavailable as Atleti's debt is constantly rising. They may cash in for a tidy profit if we bid 30-35m.

He had an unbelievable strike rate for Bayern, they sold him as they wanted to upgrade to Lewandowski but he has failed to match Mandzukic's scoring rate

It remains to be seen if we will return to 4-4-2 when we have all our strikers back fit. If we do, he would be next to Aguero most games.

bluechampion7891 said:
Jordan CTID said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

he is 3 years (?) older than bony

I would rather get a much better player who is a few years older tbh. We don't really have an ageing strike force, need more youth in midfield/defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.