Will all teams park the bus against us from now on? (merged)

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

Aside from width, shooting from outside the box will force their midfielders to come out more and keep them honest. Breaking faster and more directly on the counters we DO get is essential as well. None of this deliberate ball control build-up when we can catch them with 4 or 5 players up the pitch.

de niro said:
not only will they do it at our place they will do it at their own ground. utd have had to put up with it for years so better get used to it.
the only difference is they get a pen every week, we dont.

Haha, behave now ;-)

Champions2012! said:
Bloody hell

Only those teams who won't risk a chink of light! Reading deserved to get exactly what they ended up with. Time wasting to the next level. What sort of game penalises someone for lifting the hem of their shirt over their head by a yellow card, but allows goalkeepers, throwers-in, to knock minutes off the 45 each half wi' nowt but a referee's wave of an arm as admonishment. It is one of the things that most pisses off the folk who've paid good money for a ticket.

And the Reading manager who's had a moan about Gaz's header, would this be the same manager who no doubt instructed that Russian No.7 to foul Joe H every time he got into our goal area but saw, like RagArse Dean, nowt wrong with it!

thedogsbollocks said:
Pam said:
thedogsbollocks said:
A team bottom off the league comes to the home off the Champions and plays for a draw,and some think it is a crime against football ?.Maybe they did not want mullering.

There have been many,many games teams have parked the bus against us.And when these tactics are employed we struggle .

The stats don't bear this out, do they?
i think 1 goal in 94 minutes suggests it does ?unless we are going off possession stats ?

I thought we were talking "many many games"? Because the post distinctly says that.

sh249 said:
I'm confident that had we played an extra attacking player, and both Aguero and Tevez up front from the off, we would have been much more incisive and pulled them apart more than we did.

Who though?

Nasri was injured and Sinclair is just not good enough. You could argue for starting with Dzeko as well as Aguero and Tevez but that would mean changing the system and Dzeko has looked far from convincing recently.

Teams parking the bus isn't new. We got the win we deserved today, profligate finishing (as all season) and shit weather meant it took longer than expected. No need to panic about it though<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:19 pm --<br /><br />
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Blue Haze said:
Without an early goal, it's ugly watching this shit.

Shooting from outside the box helps though.

Doesn't help though when our manager compounds the issue by playing two out and out defensive midfielders. Milner should have started today instead of Garcia. Any road alls well that ends well, job done and another three points in the bag, but it was hard going on the supporters today.

Not fit enough remember

greasedupdeafguy said:
No fucking WIDTH, after all the money spent we still don't have a top quality winger baffling.

The fullbacks provide the width in our system and have done so extremely effectively for the past 2 seasons.

At least you didn't mention pace

Berkovic_blue said:
sh249 said:
I'm confident that had we played an extra attacking player, and both Aguero and Tevez up front from the off, we would have been much more incisive and pulled them apart more than we did.

Who though?

Nasri was injured and Sinclair is just not good enough. You could argue for starting with Dzeko as well as Aguero and Tevez but that would mean changing the system and Dzeko has looked far from convincing recently.

That's fair enough - no doubt hands were tied because of injuries. But even though Sinclair hasn't looked up to it so far (in extremely limited opportunities tbf), I'd have started with him, rather than both Garcia and Barry. Even Tevez left and Dzeko up top (despite recent form) would have been a better option for me, given how they were likely to play.

sh249 said:
Berkovic_blue said:
sh249 said:

Who though?

That's fair enough - no doubt hands were tied because of injuries. But even though Sinclair hasn't looked up to it so far (in extremely limited opportunities tbf), I'd have started with him, rather than both Garcia and Barry. Even Tevez left and Dzeko up top (despite recent form) would have been a better option for me, given how they were likely to play.

I think Mancini just doesn't trust Sinclair, from what I've seen I don't blame him but not writing the lad off yet.

Going with 3 strikers from the outset would be a very aggressive move, could well have worked but I reckon Roberto thought we wouldn't need to do so. No doubt Nasri (or even Milner) would have started if fit though.

Berkovic_blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
No fucking WIDTH, after all the money spent we still don't have a top quality winger baffling.

The fullbacks provide the width in our system and have done so extremely effectively for the past 2 seasons.

At least you didn't mention pace
I keep hearing this, I get our full backs give us width but having winger would give us a plan b. We wouldn't even need a winger per se but someone like Isco or Jovetic would be a good option someone more direct and take players on would give us another dimension to our play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.