Will all teams park the bus against us from now on? (merged)

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

greasedupdeafguy said:
Berkovic_blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
No fucking WIDTH, after all the money spent we still don't have a top quality winger baffling.

The fullbacks provide the width in our system and have done so extremely effectively for the past 2 seasons.

At least you didn't mention pace
I keep hearing this, I get our full backs give us width but having winger would give us a plan b. We wouldn't even need a winger per se but someone like Isco or Jovetic would be a good option someone more direct and take players on would give us another dimension to our play.

Fair point but that's a difficult role to fill as they would still need to put in defensive work. I liked AJ but that was his problem, he went missing far too much and I don't think we can afford to carry someone like that. Coming off the bench it doesn't matter so much but then you have to find a quality player who doesn't mind not starting every game.

they do already

I am dreading the Stoke game.

Pam said:
thedogsbollocks said:
Pam said:
The stats don't bear this out, do they?
i think 1 goal in 94 minutes suggests it does ?unless we are going off possession stats ?

I thought we were talking "many many games"? Because the post distinctly says that.
There are many ,many games ?do you not consider all the draws this season as bad results ?.All those games we dominated possession yet failed to break teams down,last season stoke,wba,sunderland,the season before there were similar games.

To be honest i think it is pretty shocking that Mancini has failed to incorporate and facilitate a plan for dealing with this sort of game plan.It isn't a new thing how Reading played,it has been costing us points for 3 seasons.Having no width and playing to narrow makes parking the bus and ideal game plan against us.The RAGS just rip teams like this down the flanks

Pam said:
I am dreading the Stoke game.

They will not defend as well as Reading did .... aside from the goal they never put a foot wrong

however Stoke will probably offer a bit more on the counter attack , and kenwyne Jones will always prove a difficult opponent.

Reading didn't do their homework - we've scored in all of our last 38 PL home games. In other words you're going to have to score to get anything at the Etihad. The very few teams that got a point (or 3) came out and attacked us. If Reading do end up getting relegated I'll bet it will be on points and not goal difference - so they might as well have had a go and risked losing more heavily.

Weregointopfour said:
Reading didn't do their homework - we've scored in all of our last 38 PL home games. In other words you're going to have to score to get anything at the Etihad. The very few teams that got a point (or 3) came out and attacked us. If Reading do end up getting relegated I'll bet it will be on points and not goal difference - so they might as well have had a go and risked losing more heavily.

they got what they deserved

fuck all

greasedupdeafguy said:
Width!!!! Mancini just doesn't fucking learn.
Many have said so since last season and yet he still hasn't learned. Wait for the York Away crowd to sugar-coat losing to a team we havent beaten under Mancini at their place.

Sunderland, Stoke and Everton are his Banana skins.

Way to win is big men upfront and deliver good balls from out wide. Stop trying to pick locks and just fetch an hammer to the lock?!?

We have a great side being let down by tactics. Many say 'great subs' but that's only down to clangers in selecting line ups. Not starting Tevez v the Scum and play with no width against defense minded teams. Bored of thinking it now. Mancini is very highly paid and need to earn his corn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.