Will Barca Sell Out?

Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
don't think it is right for loyal supporters to be denied access to tickets because they are being given to glory hunting students the other side of the world. Absolutely not.
Who are these loyal supporters who are missing out then ?

Those same mythical " loyal supporters" who get trotted out every time someone wants to jump on the moral high ground over a ticketing non-issue.

If they were that "loyal" they'd qualify to buy a ticket and make sure they bought one. I will give you a billion reasons why the sheikh can send over who the fuck he wants.

Not necessarily. Obviously this might not be an issue if the game goes to blue member and zero points sale (we don't even know if this is true about a block going to Abu Dhabi students), but hypothetically speaking this could cause fans who have been regularly coming to games for years (regularly, not frequently), miss out. Because someone with no emotional attachment to the club and no right to be entitled to tickets (they aren't the Sheikh's close friends ffs) has taken their seat.

well apparently its a whole block, hardly a few is it?

and yes, 'plenty' of blue members will get tickets, but 'plenty' could still end up missing out
.....and yet this thread was worrying whether we would even sell out.

I'm with the sheik, I hope his invitees enjoy their night, and a City win.

jrb said:
I'm not taking sides here.

I'm trying to he objective.

Sheikh Mansour: The Etihad is his house. He can invite who he wants.

Just shows how important the CL is to him and Abu Dhabi.

surely thats what the corporate section is for with the padded seats and all that? If they meant anything to the Sheikh I doubt he'd make them sit in a normal block.

cleavers said:
no? I am thinking of others here, obviously you aren't doing the same
I think our owner has earned the right to ask the club for a few tickets for one of the biggest games in our history. I'm sure plenty of blue members will get tickets if they want them.

and yes, 'plenty' of blue members will get tickets, but 'plenty' could still end up missing out

Most of the Sheikhs mates with be in the Directors' Box. There has been plenty of space in there for league games.

cleavers said:

if we are going off the original information, they aren't 'his invites', they are a group of students from Abu Dhabi.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am --<br /><br />
Tim of the Oak said:
cleavers said:
I think our owner has earned the right to ask the club for a few tickets for one of the biggest games in our history. I'm sure plenty of blue members will get tickets if they want them.

Most of the Sheikhs mates with be in the Directors' Box. There has been plenty of space in there for league games.

haven't got an issue with that, but we are talking about a whole block supposedly being given to students from the Middle East (is it even true?)

cleavers said:

if we are going off the original information, they aren't 'his invites', they are a group of students from Abu Dhabi.

-- Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am --

Tim of the Oak said:

haven't got an issue with that, but we are talking about a whole block supposedly being given to students from the Middle East (is it even true?)

I wouldn't believe all the rumours. At least we know now there will be no problems selling all the seats for this game.

it wouldnt really be a suprise if there was loads of tourists, against madrid there were loads. I do think there is something going on though especially for big games where tickets are either being given away or sold at very high prices to tourists.

It is a shame as a lot of fans that wanted to go might not be able to now. Add on the huge cost of this game right after christmas as well.

Whether you think it's right or not, he owns the club.

And if it wasn't for him City wouldn't have won the FA Cup, the Community Shield, the PL title, we wouldn't have the likes of Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Negredo, etc, currently playing for us, we wouldn't have a £100 million training academy currently under construction, we wouldn't be expanding the Etihad, and we wouldnt be waiting for news on the Collar Site and Etihad Campus proposals. Not to mention spending over a £1.000.000.000 on the club since he bought it.

In all honesty, giving him 1 block of seats for the Barcelona game is a very small price to pay.

Manchester thanks Shiekh Mansour.

Whether you think it's right or not, he owns the club.

And if it wasn't for him City wouldn't have won the FA Cup, the Community Shield, the PL title, we wouldn't have the likes of Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Negredo, etc, currently playing for us, we wouldn't have a £100 million training academy currently under construction, we wouldn't be expanding the Etihad,, and we wouldnt be waiting for news on the Collar Site and Etihad Campus proposals. Not to mention spending over a £1.000.000.000 on the club since he bought it.

In all honesty, giving him 1 block of seats for the Barcelona game is a very small price to pay.

Manchester tbanks Shiekh Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.