Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rico1304 said:
I know I'm going to regret this but lots of the pre match build up to the Liverpool v City game on here was about City respecting the occasion and then getting on with business and winning the game. City's fans were outstanding in the tributes (I've seen the video of the release of balloons at CoMS) and the silence.

But once the game starts it's all behind the players and fans, it's in the 'now'. Liverpool tried to create an intimidating atmosphere to help the team and it worked.
Totally agree. I can't understand why so many blues are having such a difficulty reconciling this tbh.
Jealousy.

Excuse searching.
If that's aimed at me, you couldn't be more wrong on both counts. I was never jealous when the vermin were winning countless pots, so I'm certainly not jealous of the scousers winning the league. At the end of the season, you end up where you deserve to be, and the run they've been on is nothing short of staggering. You have to take you hat off to them. Nowhere in this thread have I said the title win is a fluke. As for searching for excuses, no excuses. We've been too inconsistent to win the title. I've got no problem saying that.

Vermin, very nice thanks for that.

We asked for a strong official last Sunday and got a Cnut instead, if he would have done his job in the penultimate game of the season it would have been even a tighter end to the season, I know it's one game but THAT game,

City Raider said:
they'll be the poorest champions since.....erm last year...they're nothing special - we blew it

Correct. The most consistent team wins the league, not the best. We have the best squad, but we have had problems keeping our best players fit.

Reading won the championship in 2011-12 after a good run of games after the turn of the year, they were absolute dog shit the next season- so the idea that they were the best team in the championship has no merit whatsoever-not when they had this joker playing for them.

Roberts1_2747474.jpg

What will Liverpool do next season? Will FSG cash in and sell? Or offload Suarez to Real Madrid?

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
City Raider said:
they'll be the poorest champions since.....erm last year...they're nothing special - we blew it

Correct. The most consistent team wins the league, not the best. We have the best squad, but we have had problems keeping our best players fit.

Reading won the championship in 2011-12 after a good run of games after the turn of the year, they were absolute dog shit the next season- so the idea that they were the best team in the championship has no merit whatsoever-not when they had this joker playing for them.

Roberts1_2747474.jpg

What will Liverpool do next season? Will FSG cash in and sell? Or offload Suarez to Real Madrid?

We don't really care.

You guys know how ace it feels to win the Prem, we don't. Fuck what happens next year!

Fair play to them.

You don't fluke 12+ wins on the spin when it matters....

If they win it ( which I think they wil..) it's on merit as was ours 2 seasons ago.

Rich lfc said:

Fuck me 'rich', there's page after page of Blues saying good stuff about lfc but you seem to wanna focus on the odd negative post.

stonerblue said:
Rich lfc said:

Fuck me 'rich', there's page after page of Blues saying good stuff about lfc but you seem to wanna focus on the odd negative post.

Yer fair play, the wife's been nagging me, I apologise, ps I don't think we've won anything yet, you lot are more than capable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.