Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
They've been the best team if they win it they deserve it. From a team that 7 th to win it is pretty good

I wouldn't regard them as the best. Very subjective word. They have amassed the most points and that's how it works. MANUre certainly weren't the best team last season, but they scabbed more wins and more points. Liverpool have done the same this season.

I think they've been the most consistent.

Turner89 said:
Liverpool have had no injuries - Not true. Sturridge and Gerrard were both out for a considerable time over Christmas and Coutinho missed six weeks at the start of the season. Our first choice left-back, Enrique, has also been out for the entire season. Glen Johnson has also missed considerable periods, as have Sakho and Agger. Lucas also had a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

No European matches - True, we've not had to contend with three games in a week as other sides have. If we did have to play in Europe I highly doubt we'd be anywhere near the top of the league but then, yourselves and Chelsea have stronger squads and should be able to cope with the demands. Don't forget we missed out on three major targets over Summer (Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian) because of our lack of European football, so it's clearly not an advantage.

Refereeing decisions - We've had some decisions go in our favour, yes. We've also had some decisions go against us. Yourselves and Chelsea can't credibly claim to have had no fortune when it has come to officiating calls, either. These things happen.

Other sides in transition - Yourselves and City are both better off than you were this time last year. Arsenal are also better off at this point than they have been in the previous four seasons, as hard as that is to believe. Don't forget Everton, either, who have drastically improved.

These are just some of the lines trotted out to discredit what we've done this year. Obviously I'm going to be biased (as we all are) but I don't think they're entirely fair accusations. If we win, it will be a freak occurrence by all means. But not a fluke.

Huh... ?

Hard to say, it depends on what they do next season. I do think this was the greatest league victory for some time though. The Liverpool team is no where near the strongest and they look set to win the league.

moggymoz said:
Turner89 said:
Liverpool have had no injuries - Not true. Sturridge and Gerrard were both out for a considerable time over Christmas and Coutinho missed six weeks at the start of the season. Our first choice left-back, Enrique, has also been out for the entire season. Glen Johnson has also missed considerable periods, as have Sakho and Agger. Lucas also had a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Suarez has also had some horrific injuries this season. He just seems to recover remarkably well to be fair to him. In fact today he recovered in the blink of an eye to what appeared to be a career threatening injury.

We were also remarkably injury free during our title win. Whoever wins it deserves it. If Liverpool win all their remaining games they certainly will;.

manchester blue said:
moggymoz said:
Turner89 said:

Suarez has also had some horrific injuries this season. He just seems to recover remarkably well to be fair to him. In fact today he recovered in the blink of an eye to what appeared to be a career threatening injury.
Suarez is a disgusting cheat.

However, Suarez not getting injured is not luck in my opinion. Certain players are just not injury prone. Aguero unfortunately is injury prone and Suarez is not. Playing fewer games (in a short period of time) and less intensity plays a part. However, if you have a Lewandowski/Suarez then they are generally going to be fit for more of the season than RVP/Suarez.

Cityinmyheart said:
1. No extra matches in Europe
So what? Everton haven't had any extra European matches and they've not raced through to the title from outside the top 4. Admittedly, not being in European competition has benefited Liverpool somewhat, but they have an effective system which puts the fear into teams and gets results. To begrudge them their success this season based on something that happened last season is unfair on the terrific achievement this year has been for them.

2. Early domestic cup Elimination.
So I guess our title win was a fluke, was it? We were out of both major cup competitions by the end of January and made pretty good work of getting ourselves knocked out of the Europa League in order to be fresh for the title run-in. Stop trying to begrudge Liverpool their success because you're jealous.

3. Luck with Injuries.(Suarez never seems to get injured)
He was suspended for the first 6 games of this season if I remember rightly. They've also had Coutinho, Sturridge and Enrique out for long parts of this season. They've had to play a right-back at left-back pretty much since the opening day (Flanagan) so to say they've had "luck with injuries" is far from the truth and again a showing of your jealousy.

4 .Media love in and bias.
I don't even have to answer this one. It's ridiculous. You've got to be making these up now, surely? Have you seen the way the press fawn over Mourinho and Chelsea? Have you? I guess not.

5.Huge refereeing decisions going in their favour.
820697790.gif

tiote-man-city.gif

6.More than fair share of Luck.
You create your own luck when you're good enough to do it. Liverpool spend so much time in and around the opposition's penalty area that eventually a trip or a stumble is going to benefit them.

You sound jealous and nothing more, mate. Sorry.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Cityinmyheart said:
1. No extra matches in Europe
So what? Everton haven't had any extra European matches and they've not raced through to the title from outside the top 4. Admittedly, not being in European competition has benefited Liverpool somewhat, but they have an effective system which puts the fear into teams and gets results. To begrudge them their success this season based on something that happened last season is unfair on the terrific achievement this year has been for them.

2. Early domestic cup Elimination.
So I guess our title win was a fluke, was it? We were out of both major cup competitions by the end of January and made pretty good work of getting ourselves knocked out of the Europa League in order to be fresh for the title run-in. Stop trying to begrudge Liverpool their success because you're jealous.

3. Luck with Injuries.(Suarez never seems to get injured)
He was suspended for the first 6 games of this season if I remember rightly. They've also had Coutinho, Sturridge and Enrique out for long parts of this season. They've had to play a right-back at left-back pretty much since the opening day (Flanagan) so to say they've had "luck with injuries" is far from the truth and again a showing of your jealousy.

4 .Media love in and bias.
I don't even have to answer this one. It's ridiculous. You've got to be making these up now, surely? Have you seen the way the press fawn over Mourinho and Chelsea? Have you? I guess not.

5.Huge refereeing decisions going in their favour.
820697790.gif

tiote-man-city.gif

6.More than fair share of Luck.
You create your own luck when you're good enough to do it. Liverpool spend so much time in and around the opposition's penalty area that eventually a trip or a stumble is going to benefit them.

You sound jealous and nothing more, mate. Sorry.

Welcome back Pige ;-)

Turner89 said:

No European matches - True, we've not had to contend with three games in a week as other sides have. If we did have to play in Europe I highly doubt we'd be anywhere near the top of the league but then, yourselves and Chelsea have stronger squads and should be able to cope with the demands. Don't forget we missed out on three major targets over Summer (Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian) because of our lack of European football, so it's clearly not an advantage.

Refereeing decisions - We've had some decisions go in our favour, yes. We've also had some decisions go against us. Yourselves and Chelsea can't credibly claim to have had no fortune when it has come to officiating calls, either. These things happen.

Other sides in transition - Yourselves and City are both better off than you were this time last year. Arsenal are also better off at this point than they have been in the previous four seasons, as hard as that is to believe. Don't forget Everton, either, who have drastically improved.

These are just some of the lines trotted out to discredit what we've done this year. Obviously I'm going to be biased (as we all are) but I don't think they're entirely fair accusations. If we win, it will be a freak occurrence by all means. But not a fluke.
Bang on.

The broadcasting media have been very generous. They have kept all the pressure off. Contrast this to our title challenge of 2012 and ever game was billed as a must win. Liverpool have had none of this to deal with.

So we've scored the most goals in the league, won the most games, lost the least, are on an 11 game winning streak wih a very very small squad and it's a fluke, there are some decent level headed posters on here but there are also some unbelievably bitter fans on here, please don't moan about rawk and redcafe, this site is every it as bad, Plus here's a question for you who was the last club to win the league who never qualified for Europe, I bet you will have to think about that for a while?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.